General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X Rebirth - The wait is almost over! [PRE-ORDER NOW]

Post by BurnIt! » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 16:16

X Rebirth breaks the veil of silence and brings not only confirmation of its promised release date but also some answers to fans' questions and a new series of in-game videos.

Release date
The action-loaded space simulation from Egosoft and Deep Silver will be released in Europe on the 15th of November 2013. "After seven years in development, people are naturally wondering why X Rebirth took so much time," says Egosoft's Studio Head Bernd Lehahn. "The reason for this is the sheer scope of our project. We not only want our universe to be huge, we want it to be huge and teeming with life. To me, the success of the Star Citizen funding shows that many people are waiting for our kind of game. A single factory compound in X Rebirth may consist of hundreds of buildings, some of which are so large that ships measuring kilometers in length can dock inside them. The player can even disembark in order to explore the station and meet its inhabitants."

There's also some good news for our fans in North America: Egosoft and Tri Synergy will be releasing X Rebirth on the 15th of November 2013 for the US market.

We'd like to invite all our fans to visit the gamescom during the 22nd to 25th of August in Cologne. You will have the chance to play the new Egosoft title for the first time in public at the Deep Silver booth in hall 9.1 B11/C10. Be among the very first to set foot in the new universe of X Rebirth and gain a quick impression of its looks and gameplay.

[ external image ]
X Rebirth Trailer

New Developer Diaries and Videos
Today we begin a new series of developer diaries featuring some previously-unseen in-game material. In "What took us so long?" Bernd answers the frequently-asked question regarding the lengthy development time and then demonstrates the breathtaking beauty and scale of the new X-Universe.

'Complex, but not complicated' describes one of the principal features of X Rebirth as demonstrated by the much-simplified game controls. The video "In Control" is the first of a pair of linked-videos demonstrating the much-simplified in-game control and interface methods. This first one covers the use of a gamepad controller. We will show further videos such as this on a more regular basis up until release date.

Steam
Our new Steam website will also cover helpful information and breaking information about the game. Visit it now for system requirements, additional screenshots and video coverage.

X Rebirth will be released for PC in Europe on the 15th of November 2013 and in North America on the 15th of November 2013.

X-Universe News 51

X Rebirth is now available for pre-purchase on Steam and the Egosoft Shop

The game is available as:
  • Digital only edition (Steam Key)
  • Box edition (German only)
  • Collector's Edition (English & German)
All editions will require online activation through Steam.
No persistant online connection is required to play.

10% pre-purchase discount (offer ends Monday, Aug 26th)
As a special treat, both, Steam and Egosoft are offering a 10% pre-purchase discount for the digital version.
An additional bonus for all those ordering the digital version (Steam Key) directly from Egosoft: you will be able to download the X Rebirth Soundtrack immediately after purchase!

Can't wait? Go here to make your purchase:
X Rebirth on the Egosoft Online Shop
X Rebirth on Steam

Collector's Edition
The X Rebirth Collector's Edition (German box and manual) will come with the game on DVD, the soundtrack on Audio CD, a Video DVD with developer videos and trailers, trump card game, Encyclopedia extension, Artworks and more which will be revealed soon.
Details regarding an English (UK) Collector's Edition will be announced soon.
Price: 64.99 EUR*

Box Edition
This edition is only available in German (box and manual) and will contain the game and the soundtrack on Audio CD.
Price: 49.99 EUR*

Digital only edition (Steam Key)
You will receive a STEAM activation key and instructions and can enter the key now to preload the game in November prior to activation on November 15th.
If you buy directly from Egosoft you will additionally get information on how to download the X Rebirth soundtrack right NOW.
The Egosoft Shop offers two versions of this edition due to tax reasons. A worldwide edition which can be activated anywhere and an "outside Europe only" edition that, as the name suggests, can only be activated outside of Europe.
Price: 49.99 EUR* (44.99 EUR* during pre-purchase offer)

*price may vary depending on purchase location due to different taxation

BUY NOW
X Rebirth on the Egosoft Online Shop
X Rebirth on Steam

Last edited by BurnIt! on Sat, 24. Aug 13, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:00

Game looks breath-taking .. job well done.
Now if we could just SETA to the 15th of November... oh noooo .. i forgot, you removed SETA :)

qwizzie

Fallent

Post by Fallent » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:16

Looking amazing. Love you long long time Ego!

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:20

Woohoo! But how about abit more hype! This game is virtually hiding away from the public!
Last edited by muppetts on Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Mark III
x3tc

Post by Mark III » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:27

X-Rebirth looks to be more than i ever hoped for. Big congrats to Egosoft for your hard work.

Cdaragorn
x4

Post by Cdaragorn » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:28

This is awesome! Thanks ego for such a great game! Looking forward to it!
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkein

koyuka
x3

Post by koyuka » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:30

looks awesome! good job guys! :)

Resplendent Indignity

Post by Resplendent Indignity » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:42

Holy hell. That's going to keep me occupied for a long time.

tommo8893
x3tc

Post by tommo8893 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:53

Very exciting news. And it looks so good watching the trailer. Can't wait to check out your universe. :)

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:56

Holy badass batman, I'm stunned. I'd almost forgot about Rebirth with all the Star Citizen hoopla, can you ever forgive me egosoft?

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:01

Beautiful. I can sense that I am witnessing something epic about to happen.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:07

I am totally ready for something new. Graphics look amazing, looks like you really can get off the Skunk for awhile for station/person interaction.
It's the "let your crew pilot large ships" part that I can't get excited about.
Why would an admiral stay aboard a patrol boat instead of his carrier/battleship?
Everything else about this game looks awesome.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:13

YESSS I will see you at Gamescom and will probably spend the entire time waiting in line for the X-R demo again and again. :D
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:17

wicked videos! dead exited but I still didn't see a cross dressing paranid! ;)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:19

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Sorrowless
x4

Post by Sorrowless » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:22

Just breathtaking! For now, Bravo Zulu on a job well done. Hope the gameplay serves well the beauty and scale of the rest.
"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."
Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th Century BC

BlueSabor
x4

Post by BlueSabor » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:44

"Fantastic!" :D
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4
LG TV OLED55C141B (3840x2160@120Hz)
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Ascadian92
x3tc

Post by Ascadian92 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:45

YES!!! I can't wait to play the demo on the 22nd, the wait is almost over! :D

biohazard15
x3tc

Post by biohazard15 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 19:10

And there's also a Russian voiceover! GREAT!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”