New X3:R Player - Factory/Complex question (spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cr8zyeddie
x4

New X3:R Player - Factory/Complex question (spoilers)

Post by cr8zyeddie » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 17:08

Hello, I'm a new X3:R player who's engrossed in this game big time. To give a quick background:
Spoiler
Show
I've done the Bala GI missions and have the Hyperion/Nemesis and Eclipse I chose from those missions. I'm saving up for that player HQ too. Lastly I have also managed to snag a couple LX's to run around in along with some other claimed ships.
I have one booze factory in Paranid Prime doing good, and one Cahoona Bakery L in Argon Prime doing pretty good (with freighters handling their resources) - and a little over 20m credits in the bank. I also have a handful of UT's and a handful of ST's running around. What I'm curious about is building my first complex. I assume the best thing to do is add on to my booze complex but I'm a little confused on the best way to that and with what factories. Can someone give me some examples of how to expand either my distillery or bakery to help them become more profitable? I've read about closed loop and open loop complexes too, so I'm just looking for a basic recommendation to get me started building complexes with the funds I currently have.

Thanks!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 17:22

Welcome cr8zyeddie :-)

There are several useful links on complex building and calculations (i.e. planning) in the sticky here in this forum. There are some essential points when it comes to closed loop complexes: you need energy, which means food, xtals and hence a silicon mine. If there is no silicon roid in the sector then you got a problem. However, if you manage to setup an energy complex then you just have to decide what you want to sell. If your product involves hightech like missiles, shield, weapons, then you may need also ore and hence an ore mine connected.

In short: check your sectors for roids with high yield ore and silicon. if they are too far apart then place a mine and tow them closer so that they can be connected to your complex.

Have fun :-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”