M6 Springblossom... ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Rogue Trader
xr

M6 Springblossom... ??

Post by The Rogue Trader » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 14:57

Can someone please tell me what weapons this ship can equip please. I have the rep to buy it now after a restart, but it doesnt tell me what weapons i can put into the slots available.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 15:01

http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-ship. ... jE4Mjg0NDM

Check here for full Springy specs! This is a great site with info on all ships, weapons, missiles and more!

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 15:02

It should be able to fit, either:

- Prototype Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannon,
- Prototype Matter/AntiMatter Launcher,
- Prototype Starburst Shockwave Cannon,
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 15:41

A series of quasi-Terran weapons specific to Aldrin and even more limited in actual utility than Terran models because they're slightly weaker.

On the plus side, hey, it's a Springblossom. The Aldrin hulls make the limited and somewhat weakish weapons work out anyhow. I mean if the Springblossom could equip, say, the PBG, that would just be unfair.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 15:50

Perhaps it's just as well that it doesn't have a wide range of guns. or at least not some of the slower ones.

Combine its high speed and relatively limited steering and what do you think would happen if you overtook your own bullets?

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 15:53

Then why give it an MAML equivalent? Those are some of the slowest bullets outside the ISR.

What I'd love to have on a Springblossom, and I mean I'd looooooooove to have this on a Springblossom, is the Pulsed Beam Emitter. Talk about a capture ship.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 16:08

I had to look them up. Still they are still somewhat faster than the springy.

There don't appear to be many weapons it could overtake aside from the big ones like the PPC etc, or perhaps something like the IPG

That said if I ever get and arm a springy I'm not, repeat, giving it a turbo.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 16:34

I can't imagine the fiasco that might ensue if you gave a Springblossom a PBG or PSG. I can't see them not blundering right into their own area of effect.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 17:23

I believe bullet speeds are at least slightly relativistic to the ship but it may depend on weapon type. I would expect area effect weapons to be ship motion relative weapons.

It is not something I have looked at in considerable detail but I have not noted any ships flying through o being harmed by their own PSG/PBG wakes.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 18:22

you can't catch your bullets, because they are relative to your current speed vector. Only if you fire while sitting at 0m/s and then accelerating very fast. Your own bullets can't hurt you anyway. You can only be faster then missiles but as starting speed they also use your ships current speed.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 18:30

With max engine tuning, I believe the Spitfyre will overtake PM/AML fire. "Your Spitfyre was destroyed by...your Spitfyre."

The Springblossom is my favorite ship thus far, have fun with it OP. EEMPC's are definitely underwhelming, but the PM/AML's perform well. And having flak weapons on an M6 is just plain awesome. Don't forget the PSSC's!!
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

Core i5-2500k @ 4.5 . Radeon 6950 2GB . 8GB DDR3-1600 . 52" HDTV :D

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 18:41

You can certainly be killed by your own missiles and I think it's possible to accidentally make them explode them in your face with your own turrets.

I learned this lesson the hard way :- Do not launch firestorm missiles from an m6 or smaller ship while in a dogfight.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 19:06

Blast radius of missiles - yes I can confirm that from my modding work.

WRT Spitfire and max engine tuning, I have never encountered that problem and stick with my original assessment of the bullet speeds being relative to ship motion.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 20:25

I can confirm base bullet speed add to ship speed.
As a result, the real range of a weapon is better than listed in the encyclopedia (those figs are true only with 0 speed). MAML on the Springy can get over 6 km.
Right on commander !

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 6. Jul 13, 05:33

Well, if you shoot from 0 speed and then Turbo Boost to double max, or if you shoot into a gate and then pass through it, you may catch your bullets.

In the case of the gate, though, invulnerability seems to be involved in the transport sequence. I know I bump into the wall of the Hub when I exit it through a gate (I can hear the sound effect). Or could, in X3TC. Should have splatted me, didn't.

As far as the Springblossom, you can put any combination of EEMPC, PMAML, PSSC in any turrets, as it's been indicated above. I usually do PMAML in the front guns, EEMPC in the rear and side turrets. PSSC are area weapons, will piss off neutrals.

Aldrin economy is a pain to feed; transport energy, ore, and spacefuel separately, and then the 6 naturals for the 6 foods. I've tried with Hayabusa's with cargo divided into 6 x 2200 slices, but they are too slow. Looks like the idea is to have 12 separate Springy's instead. Cost 80 mil or so; it's cheaper to just cheat-multiply the weapons.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 6. Jul 13, 09:05

ajax34i wrote: PSSC are area weapons, will piss off neutrals.
They are not. There is a remote chance (much lower than EEMPC anyway) to miss the intended target and hit another with those guns, but that is all about it.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”