X2 Returning Wayward Son Seeks Advice

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bivar01

X2 Returning Wayward Son Seeks Advice

Post by bivar01 » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 07:15

Back from 8 Years exile in the non- X Universe world and I want to jump back into my favorite - that being X2. I bought the Steam version with everything including bonus packs for all the X games through X3. I did add two hi-res graphics packs - I'm a graphics freak.

I have the following overhauls (?) downloaded but I would like some advice (pros and Cons) before I start slinging mods around. And I'm also looking for other overhaul type mods if available.

Top Gun V3
BEAM2
PXD Alpha v0.95
Fire Lance 4.04
XTM 0.7.5 Full

My goal is to have a much expanded game as close to the original plot as possible - with lots of eye candy. Any feedback is greatly appreciated - and any other mod/script suggestions you might have.

TIA,
Bivar

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 11:19

The XTM is a mod for X3: Reunion and therefore not compatible with X2. Top Gun, Firelance and PXD all add new ships and won't be compatible with each other, unless you adjust them manually, which should be quite some work. I cannot really say anything about either of these mods, so I would suggest to have a read through their topics.

In case you're interested in helping with a mod, X2-Pandora is still in development and the guys there are always looking for some helping hands.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

bivar01

Post by bivar01 » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 11:45

@Illuminatus
Thank you for the quick feedback and some very useful info. I'll do some more research and see if I can thread some needles and arrive at a useful compromise.

I'll have to see what I might contribute to X2-Pandora. It looks very interesting and maybe I could help build something I could use.

Thanks again!
Bivar

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”