Albatross too fat for certain stations [SOLVED]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lenient
x3tc

Albatross too fat for certain stations [SOLVED]

Post by Lenient » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:51

Hello there, I'm having a bit of a problem... my Albatross that I got from the HQ plot is stuck in the Yaki shipyard. It also happened in the Split shipyard (Zyarth's Stand).

It explodes as soon as it undocks. My auto-saves aren't old enough so I can't go back to where I hadn't docked it yet. Any solutions? This is an unmodded game. In addition, it wasn't possible to make a freight exchange with the Headquarters. I bought a Ryu to transfer the cargo but it did not work. The Ryu had sufficient cargo space (25k for the HQ).

I hope this doesn't mean I'm gonna be without a headquarters for the rest of this game.

[EDIT] Sorry if I wasted anyone's time, but ordering the Albatross to undock while you're being OOS works just fine!
If you wear the same clothes two days in a row, you can pretend you're a time traveler from yesterday.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 13:14

It's even easier - you can be on board. Just don't undock manually, instead issue the command to move to some point in that sector. It will undock without any issues.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 20:10

Or just select "Idle" on your ship's command list, and it'll automatically undock safely.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Albatross too fat for certain stations [SOLVED]

Post by Nanook » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 22:07

Lenient wrote:...In addition, it wasn't possible to make a freight exchange with the Headquarters. I bought a Ryu to transfer the cargo but it did not work. The Ryu had sufficient cargo space (25k for the HQ)...
What were you trying to transfer, and how? You should be able to use the 'adjust station parameters' to move wares back and forth between ships and stations you own. I don't think you can store station kits in the HQ, though.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 12:28

Nanook wrote: I don't think you can store station kits in the HQ, though.
You actually can store station kits in the HQ.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 12:54

Another option is to fly out of the sector and order the ship to undock and move away. Once it's clear, come back. Since the collision meshes are disabled while you're not actively in sector (mostly), it won't collide with the station and explode.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Lenient
x3tc

Post by Lenient » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 18:39

I had two TLs docked at the station, the Albatross having the undeployed HQ in its cargo hold. I couldn't transfer the HQ kit to the Ryu.
If you wear the same clothes two days in a row, you can pretend you're a time traveler from yesterday.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 19:34

No you cannot transfer station kits between TLs at Outposts/Docks/Shipyards in vanilla, but you can transfer them to the Xenon Hub (since you have it if you have the PHQ) and then back to a different TL.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”