player built "trading stations". storage facility?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deathtoll666
x2

player built "trading stations". storage facility?

Post by Deathtoll666 » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 17:19

from what i can gather, the player built trading stations can buy/sell ANY ware no matter what it is. my question is, what is the limit on what they can hold or is there no limit?
if no limit, i know the next station i'm building. :twisted:

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 17:21

There is a limit.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 17:55

Player EDs have separate limits for each ware. You can store at least one of every ware type in the game, but each ware seems to have it's own limit number so you can store 4 2G shields, so many dozen boarding pods, so many hundred 1m shields etc.

On the one hand it means you don't get the problem of it filling full of ore and having no room for for the shields, but on the other the individual ware limits appear set in stone. You cannot, for example put 5 2G shields in it no matter what you do.

A lot of people dock a TL at it and use that as the storage instead.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 18:03

You can also use CLS in conjunction with the TL to load it "up to" a certain amount for each ware. So that you can carry on with other more interesting pursuits and forget about it.

Deathtoll666
x2

Post by Deathtoll666 » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 19:13

thanks for the replies.
from what you're saying, it has the same limits as a fab. precise limits depend on what size fab the storage limits are equal to.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”