Khaak ships some questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RayF

Khaak ships some questions

Post by RayF » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 18:47

hello guys,
After reading quite some posts in the forum i got somewhat confused so, without further ado:

Game : Original not modified X3-TC

1) Can I board a khaak corvette????????
2) what khakk ships can i get /board???????

thanks to all!!

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 20:02

In TC you can only get the M5-M3 fighters since the Khaak Ships are impossible to board. In AP you can find a Khaak M6 as a derelict ship however it is not that good and it is really hard to find weapons for it.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 20:09

Kha'ak ships cannot be boarded, likely for one of two reasons:

1. They are not ships, but the bodies of the Kha'ak themselves (my personal favorite, but less likely).

2. Their systems are so utterly alien to the Commonwealth/Terran races that the marines could not possibly hack the systems; the Xenon can be hacked because they originate in human design.

Granted, the fighters can bail, but I'd guess that's more of a consequence of game mechanics than "canon".

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 21:20

Your only chance to get the Khaak capitals, is to go modded. I would suggest the XRM mod, most strongly. :)

In all my time playing vanilla, I never managed to get an intact bailed Khaak fighter, the Khaak seem to target their own bailed ships, Though I know other people were luckier.
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 06:53

TC: kha'ak M3 and M5 bail and are collectable. Not sure about the M4 interceptors... I have a small fleet in TC. M3 use alpha/beta kyons emitters. M5 use just one alpha kyon emitter ea, and can't handle jumpdrives, M5 cargo handles 'small' stuff only. No M6 corvette capture/board possible in vanilla. But TC has had so many versions/updates/patches I can never keep up with absolute accuracy these sort of details....

AP: The derelict kha'ak corvette is an awesome M6 if you are lucky enough to get one spawned with full beta kyon load out. Its only the lack of kha'ak missiles which puts a bit of a limit on your tactics if using the M6 there. it is the first time in vanilla history that you can get a Kha'ak corvette and so I was pretty happy when I discovered mine just sitting there waiting to be claimed... :) (full weapon load out!).
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

RayF

Post by RayF » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 13:12

thanks guys..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”