EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) v2.07a
View previous topic :: View next topic
Viviox

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 4. Aug 16, 07:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi,

Do you know if the latest version of DCS2 works with AP 3.1? I've been having a hard time getting it to work. The Carrier will build drones but the drones doesn't do anything. The carrier just spits out the drone one at the time as its being built. But the drones just sit there and doesn't move or attack.

I am using DCS2 with XRM. I had ADS installed before, but ADS doesn't work with AP 3.1.

Also, all my funds become "zero" if you disengage. Instead of giving you back the money it took to build the drones, it takes all my money!!!.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Tue, 4. Oct 16, 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

HeartlesJosh wrote:
I'm using ADS to control my M7's ships which is all well and good, up until the point I give an order through ADS to load up the ships with loot scavenged by MARS' drones and go sell that stuff to nearby stations. ... the drones blow up on arrival at a station thanks to Anti-Theft.

I think turning off ADS' autocarrier stuff fixes that.

Oh, dear. Yes, that is unintended. We may have to change the way that anti-theft works in an ADS environment. A straightforward way to do that would be to change costs to 100% and turn off anti-theft when used with ADS. Then make auto-replacement of drones a menu option.

Thanks for the report, Josh.

ASSTEROIDS wrote:
I like this, a carrier with it adds a unique facet to the game.

You got to be careful with XRM though, ... I persisted in not intervening until I realized this stupid battle had drained my account of almost 50 millions, and the drones were not winning...

I've seen it work beautifully, even against capital ships, but I guess there are exceptions...

Thanks for the report, Assteroids. Fifty million is a small amount for carrier operations, but DCS2 normally wins against capital ships in the vanilla game. Good to know that you may need different tactics in XRM.

PDouma39 wrote:
I have to report a problem: ... when I disabled the Kariudo as a DSC2 carrier my complete account was bled dry?

This has been reported, but thanks for making sure, PDouma39.

Viviox wrote:
Do you know if the latest version of DCS2 works with AP 3.1?

Yes, DCS2 works with AP 3.1, as does ADS.

Viviox wrote:
The Carrier will build drones but the drones doesn't do anything. The carrier just spits out the drone one at the time as its being built. But the drones just sit there and doesn't move or attack.

You either have to allow DCS2 to "Engage Enemies" OR command the drones yourself, as you would with any other carrier.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Havok1o1

PostPosted: Thu, 6. Oct 16, 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not sure if it is just me, but the download link seems broken.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Thu, 6. Oct 16, 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Fixed.

Thanks for the report.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Havok1o1

PostPosted: Fri, 7. Oct 16, 02:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

No, thank you Smile

Diggz

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Mar 17, 05:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Has anyone tried this with litcubes universe?

soulmata

PostPosted: Fri, 23. Jun 17, 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

What an absolutely badass idea.

I remember when I first saw the M7C class, I thought back to Starcraft's Protoss Carriers. Boy was I disappointed when I forked over 17M for a Macanna and it was basically an easier to shoot at TM.

I have a question. I'm in the process of building my personal maximum-immersion X3 game, and I want to do two things with this script:

1) Make the software installed by default on M7C

2) Make it available *only* to M7C

3) Bonus: Consume hull plating instead of or in addition to credits

Could I do that by modifying TShips and including this as a default ware? Like how cargo lifesupport is default on a TP? #2 I'm not so sure how to do at all, since it generally seems that any ship can have virtually any software installed.

I really want to give M7C a unique edge, and this is the perfect way to do it. I already am happy with TM (pocket carrier utility boats) and M1. I mean, I can always just force myself to follow that rule, but ...

soulmata

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Jun 17, 04:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I don't think you are updating this script anymore, but it is also worth noting that if my credit balance is very low, the carrier continues to manufacture drones and just doesn't charge me! I have 0 credits, and it is still pumping out drones no problem.

soulmata

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Jun 17, 06:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I found where the bug is.

In the function that builds drones inside plugin.bw.dcs2.carrier.task, the drone is built before the player's money is determined. Then, on line ~874, there is an if statement that checks to see if the player has >1 Million credits. If they do, it takes the money. If they don't, it just continues on.

So I think it will be easy to fix - at the start of the script, right after it checks to see if it needs to build a drone, check the money first there, and exit if there is not enough.

I have never used the script editor before, but it looks like I can fix this pretty easy.

soulmata

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Jun 17, 08:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I fixed it!

I have to say, I have a lot more respect for all the X3 modders after using the script editor. It has to be the most terrible IDE I've used in a long time. And I say that with a lot of respect to Egosoft, because I really love X3, but man, that was an awful experience!

All it took to fix it was inserting this at line 714, just after the conditional where it exits if it doesn't need to build drones:

714 $player.money = get player money
715 if $player.money < 1000 * 1000 ...
716 goto label MD.Exit
717 end

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Jun 17, 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@soultmata
In future please use the edit button (in the top right corner of your posts) instead of creating multiple posts in a short timeframe directly after each other.

With regards to a proper IDE for writing/editing MSCI scripts, there's mr.bear's X-Studio external Script Editor.

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton
unforged

PostPosted: Wed, 30. Aug 17, 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

To anyone who is having trouble getting the right bomber model to appear playing XRM:

I kept getting the Teladi Falcon Hauler as my drone bomber even though I had not changed any of the default settings in the t file, but I am playing as Terran so I wanted the ATF M3B. I messed around with the file a lot and realized that the game was reading the ship IDs as
Code:
ID - 1
, so in order to get the ATF Norns as my bomber model I had to set the ID in the t file to 684, not 683. I discovered this by trying to set my bomber model to the ATF Fenrir (ID 203) and getting the Thor instead (202). DCS2 was correctly identifying 182 as not an M3, and defaulting me to the Falcon, which I think is some kind of failsafe for the script?

Since then I've been enjoying the mod a lot, but I do wish the user had finer control over the percentage of bombers that are made etc. (it seems that they have a fixed chance of being built in the first place regardless of max. peacetime bomber % ). Would also be cool to be able to have more than just interceptors and bombers, maybe attack fighters and scouts (to make use of M3+ and M5), with the ability to select proportions - this would increase harmony with stuff like CODEA. You can sort of work around this by having support carriers in your battlegroup that build different interceptors for different CODEA jobs.

I'll also note that if I try to use the DCS2 (or even ADS) fighter AI alongside Lucike's SRS the fighters are deployed in combat but do nothing (no order) until it's over and they are told to dock. I don't know if that is because I set homebase to "yes" in the t file for CODEA. Merging the drone building with CODEA carriers has been really nice though, just need to load up spare meatbags (pilots) in the hold for when fighters die.[/code]

With the advent of X4 it's probably a pipe dream that this will ever get updated but I'll be interested to see if and how this stuff makes its way into X4.