Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) v2.07a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 23:33

It's all a matter of interpretation :) "Almost" means still a difference :wink:
DrBullwinkle wrote:How many different M3/4/5's have you tried to choose for interceptors? The only guess that I have about your problem choosing an interceptor is that you are trying to choose something that is not a fighter. Try a vanilla fighter. If that works, then it means that your custom ship is (slightly) bugged (maybe wrong class?).
I tried 3 different ones, two of which several times:
- My custom M3 Heavy Raider
- Vanilla M3 Eclipse (never touched it)
- Vanilla M4 Buster (never touched it)
None of which changed anything. Kept getting the Sabres and stuff.
Tom5Cat wrote:You didn't answer my question how to solve the intercepters still being build, instead of only bombers. If I could fix that, the above clearly wouldn't matter anymore.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 23:48

OK. I do not know why you are having trouble selecting a custom interceptor. You will know whether you succeed because you should immediately see the name of the custom interceptor on the menu.

If I make a test patch to try to narrow down your problem, would you be willing to test it?

(Selecting a custom fighter *is* the problem that you keep asking about. :) )

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 23:57

Sure, I'd tryout the patch!

Oeps, I thought the problem with the intercepter wouldn't matter anymore when we would be able to force DCS2 to only build bombers, since I already managed to make sure those are my custom M3's by changing the ID's. I also thought this (using only bombers) would be essential to not lose pilots (CODEA) for some reason.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 00:54

OK, drop this into your scripts folder (addon\scripts for AP), reload a saved game, and try to select a custom fighter again. (Don't bother trying to read it; just download it.)

Test Patch for Tom5Cat

The patch does two things:

- Uses a different technique to validate the ship that you chose.
- Tells you *why* it does not like an invalid ship.

Tom5Cat wrote:I also thought this (using only bombers) would be essential to not lose pilots (CODEA) for some reason.
Probably because I said that but, after thinking more about it, it is probably unnecessary to set Max Peacetime Bombers Percent to 100.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 18:51

DrBullwinkle wrote:OK, drop this into your scripts folder (addon\scripts for AP)
:roll: Playing TC, remember? Ok to use still? In TC\scripts I mean.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 20:50

That is what I said, yes. :)

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 19:21

DrBullwinkle wrote:That is what I said, yes. :)
It was a matter of interpretation :) When in doubt, better safe than sorry!

I tried the patch... Tried to change the interceptor type to:
- custom M3 Heavy Raider.
- Vanilla M3 Eclipse.
- Vanilla M3 Chimera.
- Vanilla M4 Buster.
- Vanilla M5 Discoverer.

Everytime... same result... message in subtitle: "... is not a valid fighter, class is null"

Any ideas?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 19:29

Or, "When in doubt, just try it." ;)

Oh, I got it. One of the commands that I use does not work in TC.

Give me a few minutes and I will make another test patch for you.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 19:46

DrBullwinkle wrote:Or, "When in doubt, just try it." ;)
I'm not a scripter, so I have no idea what risks I'm taking introducing an unfitting script to my game. I'm over 100 hours in, so hesitent when unsure. Ah, the wisdom that creeps up on one over the years :wink:

Be waiting for the next patch then...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 21:02

It is just software. You can't break it. :)

(And you cannot break your saved game if you do not save it. I keep all of my saves so that I can always go back.)

Here, try this: Test patch for Tom5Cat

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Wed, 5. Mar 14, 00:00

DrBullwinkle wrote:It is just software. You can't break it. :)
Yeah, yeah... I will never sink, said Titanic :wink:

The new patch works like a charm! Thank you DrB!!
My custom M3 plays nice too! Replacing fighters was never this easy :)

Do I have full functionality now or did you leave out some stuff in the patch to just check the specific problem?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 5. Mar 14, 00:03

Tom5Cat wrote:Replacing fighters was never this easy :)
Sweet. Just what I wanted to hear, Tom5Cat! Thanks for your patient testing and reporting.

Yes, you have full functionality. I will include the patch in the next version.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Wed, 5. Mar 14, 00:23

DrBullwinkle wrote:Yes, you have full functionality. I will include the patch in the next version.
Gr8. Happy to oblige. Thx again for YOUR help and your gr8 script!!

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 10:23

Still waiting for new version. I literally stopped playing because of this :( .

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 10:25

gastovski wrote:Still waiting for new version. I literally stopped playing because of this :( .
Because of what?

AFAIK, it does the job. It does have a couple of "rough edges" that need to be smoothed, but I am not aware of any "show-stoppers".

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 10:30

I just want to rampage galaxy with M1s using DCS but some buggy stuff has been mentioned earlier posts prevents doing that. Thats why i stopped playing :(.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 10:33

I don't see why you can't.

To rampage in an M1, turn off "Engage Enemies" and command the fighters yourself.

If you have only one carrier, then turn on wing support in the t file. That will make it easier to command your fighters, rather than having to use "Broadcast to all M3/4/5".

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 05:40

Hi Dr B, been a while, real life, you know how it goes...

Been getting back into X3AP, got your latest software running on my CODEA carriers, have noticed something interesting.

Carriers will build the appropriate ships with the necessary CODEA required equipment.
You can easily hire and transfer CODEA pilots to these ships; they inhabit them, they fly in them according to CODEA's wishes. For a while that is...

For after a few minutes, the DRONE ships, which were assigned to a CODEA hangar (attack, interceptor, etc) will automatically become unassigned, and then just be listed as "scimitar" (which is what I requested the Drone software to make). The newly unassigned Scimitar still has a CODEA pilot in it; but it has lost it's hangar association. So, it doesn't do anything.

One thing I noticed, is that these DRONE ships do NOT have a home base assigned. The home base needs to be the CODEA carrier that they are based in, in their CODEA hangars. They seem to lose the hangar association because the DRONE ships do not a home base; they don't have the carrier has their home base. Other non drone ships will have a home base listed as the CODEA carrier that they live on.

Sorry to bring the CODEA stuff up again. Your script is working great, for a while. Something in CODEA must be looking at the ships home base and unassigning them if they don't belong to the CODEA carrier. I think...

Thanks for the great script. It's really going to be a game changer.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 06:29

Thanks for the report, Russbo! Just today I was wondering how it was going for the CODEA players. Nice to know that it is working out.

In the "Tips for CODEA Player" section in the first post, the first tip is: "Set Homebase to "yes" (ID 401)". (It was the last tip, but I moved it up because it is important).

That should fix your drones right up. I am glad you are enjoying the script.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 17:40

OOPS. Did not see that.... I'll try it, thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”