[X3AP] Unique, exclusively obtained ships?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

extacide
x4

[X3AP] Unique, exclusively obtained ships?

Post by extacide » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 10:29

Or even more specific, unique ships obtained through your choice -- from starting scenario missions? Ships that can't be obtained by any other means. I tried to look but most of the resources I find are related to X3:TC. Or if they're X3:AP related, they're not nearly as in-depth or are even incomplete. I'm aware of the AP plot/UFJD ships etc.

I'm a completionist and I wanted to start a new game with that goal in mind, though I couldn't figure out what start would be best. I thought poisoned paranid would be best, as an overtuned hyperion seems arguably the most unique ship you could obtain compared to the other starts, but having thought further, you could still technically capture a Hyperion, then patiently overtune it with UFJD crates, right?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: [X3AP] Unique, exclusively obtained ships?

Post by Lone Jedi » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 11:36

extacide wrote:Or even more specific, unique ships obtained through your choice -- from starting scenario missions? Ships that can't be obtained by any other means. I tried to look but most of the resources I find are related to X3:TC. Or if they're X3:AP related, they're not nearly as in-depth or are even incomplete. I'm aware of the AP plot/UFJD ships etc.

I'm a completionist and I wanted to start a new game with that goal in mind, though I couldn't figure out what start would be best. I thought poisoned paranid would be best, as an overtuned hyperion seems arguably the most unique ship you could obtain compared to the other starts, but having thought further, you could still technically capture a Hyperion, then patiently overtune it with UFJD crates, right?
Tormented Teladi - Enhanced Kea, randomly overtuned;

Unholy Traitor - Medusa Prototype.

They are actually the same rewards as in TC. You can also get them from corporation missions in TC, but in AP, they are very rare, or even non-existent.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 14:19

Don't disregard X3TC guides, they still apply to X3AP because quite a few things have not been changed.

Poisoned Paranid - M6 Hyperion Vanguard, M3 Advanced Perseus, randomly overtuned.

X3AP has a number of crates spread out through the normal sectors, randomly generated when you start the game. People who like to min/max these things will re-start numerous times to get a high number of crates, then re-roll their Hyp.V to get the max overtuning on top of that.

230 m/s Hyperion with 216 m/s Adv. Perseus, and 19 speed / 19 agility crates, for example, which can result in a 358 m/s Hyperion with 10 RPM before you visit any UFJD sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”