[Solved it was convoy missions] Pirates jump in constantly just to attack me

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

[Solved it was convoy missions] Pirates jump in constantly just to attack me

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 21:22

I am honestly not sure if this is the vanilla game or one of the many mod's/scripts I have installed but I have checked them all out and I don't think it is any of them. If its not a vanilla problem then I guess I'll PM a mod to move this to S&M but I thought I'd check here first.

Ok well this is actually causing me a great deal of frustration right now because I have finally saved up enough money to build a decent complex to start building ships from my two HQ's but every five mins a fleet of between 4-10 pirate ships jumps in to any sector I am in and makes a b-line for me. Now I can take them on, and killing them isn't an issue in the slightest but what is an issue is that I can't do anything other than kill them because once one is dead then a load more jump in and its really damn aggravating :evil: :evil:

So basically I think it started happening after I killed the pirate base for the AP PHQ plot and now when they said pirate ships will hunt me down like vermin I didn't take them literally because I've killed many a pirate base before now and no consequences other than a loss of rep to show for it. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Basically I am starting to think something is wrong with my install because along with the other problem I was having with F/F settings changing on their own I am starting to feel I have either borked an install or a mod has borked my game. Can someone please tell me this is vanilla and it will stop at some point :cry:

BIG EDIT: So I solved the issue and it was vanilla behaviour, it turns out the new convoy missions don't like to be taken in massive hordes because they will spawn endless pirate ships on you.
Last edited by InFlamesForEver on Sun, 2. Jun 13, 00:45, edited 4 times in total.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 22:04

"Pirate ships will hunt you down like vermin" is the line that is spewed when you attack a gate (accidentally or not) in a Pirate sector. I have no idea how to fix it, but I imagine you'd have to get your Pirate rep back up

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 22:11

jkjklkl wrote:"Pirate ships will hunt you down like vermin" is the line that is spewed when you attack a gate (accidentally or not) in a Pirate sector. I have no idea how to fix it, but I imagine you'd have to get your Pirate rep back up
Hmm perhaps I shall try that, I'll experiment by cheating it up and seeing if that changes anything. Thanks.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 00:05

Well max rep with them makes no difference, there is definitely something wrong here.
In Flames We Trust

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”