AP as Argon - improving rank with terrans?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eugene123
x3tc

AP as Argon - improving rank with terrans?

Post by eugene123 » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 06:40

I'm playing AP as Argon and want to improve rank with Terrans to the point where I can do missions for them (currently I'm at "Terrorist"). What can I do to do this?

I tried shooting Argon ships and stations in both conflicted sectors and Argon core sectors, but even though my Argon reputation drops very fast all the way to Confirmed Enemy, my Terran reputation doesn't budge an inch.

Are there any pirate bases close enough to Terran sectors to be able to hack into?

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 07:08

You need to shoot enemies of the Terrans in Terran sectors in order to increase your reputation. They couldn't care less what you do in the enemies' own or other sectors. Furthermore, you need to go after M6 and larger vessels, destroying fighters has very little effect.

This pretty much limits your playgrounds to Asteroid Belt and Heretic's End for shooting Argons, and Segaris when it comes to shooting Xenon.

There's often a Pirate base behind the south gate of Aldrin 2, other locations are random. You need to get yourself a fast ship (such as a Kestrel, for example) and map the Terran sectors to find them.

eugene123
x3tc

Post by eugene123 » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 08:29

Didn't find the pirate base anywhere in Aldrin 2, but attacking Argons in Heretic's End works. Thanks!

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 12:47

I have max rank with Argon and almoust max rank with terrans (started as Bankrupt Assassin), best ways are:
Attacking Xenon Ships in Segaris, Connect hub with althes-Neptune (trading).

eugene123
x3tc

Post by eugene123 » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 23:31

Ok, I killed enough Argon to get my rank with Terrans/ATF to +3 (Mars Access), but I have a new problem: even though the terrans are friendly (as in don't open fire on me) and allow docking, they still show as red (hostile) in the UI, and none of their bases offer any missions. How do I fix this?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 23:58

Have your friend/foe settings switched to put them as foe?

eugene123
x3tc

Post by eugene123 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 00:14

heratik wrote:Have your friend/foe settings switched to put them as foe?
I don't know, how do I check?

Switching the "show as enemy if enemy to me" from yes to no in the Command Console didn't help.

Edit -- oops, nvm, noticed the per-race settings right above it! :oops: Thanks, it worked.

eugene123
x3tc

Post by eugene123 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 00:47

How do I change global settings to not set Terran/ATF to hostile? It keeps resetting every time I change ships

Edit - found it too - under Advanced section in Personal options

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 19:14

In terran sectors. One can kill Boron, Teladi, Paranid, Split, Argon Xenon, Pirates, and Yaki. Basicly you can kill everyone (but terrans) and get rep.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”