A Split "bridle" is missing and StrongArms, Jonferco and the Beryll are trying everything to find her. They seem to be putting in a bit too much effort just to save a Split wedding. What other interests they have in finding the Split bridle? You'll find out in the 'Shady Business' plot. Another place another story. Some corporations rise; others fall. A few owners of struggling corporations are clever enough to ask for help. Who knows? Maybe one of them will also try to contact you. Find out in the 'Corporation Troubles' plot. Turned-off gate connections drastically change the universe, as we know. While some factions fight for control of the remaining territories, others pursue more peaceful objectives. Help those discovering new places to settle in the 'Breaking Grounds' plot.
But this is not everything Update 3.0 has to offer by a long way. Four new generic missions have found their way into the game. Amongst those are the 'Tour of a Lifetime' and 'Repair Station' missions that some of you might know from earlier X games. In the hope of continued support in the ongoing war, the Terran government has finally decided to offer previously unavailable weapon and support factories for sale. Driven by a similar logic, the Argon federation has put its newest supply ship into mass production. While not directly involved in the war, the Split Patriarch has revealed his long-kept secret flagship to counter the armament efforts of the other races.
Also new in this Update is the added support for Gamepad controllers. Finally those of you who want to play X3: Albion Prelude with a Gamepad will be able to do so.
It's not only new things that have been added, though; some old bugs have also finally bitten the dust. These include a problem with super-shipyards preventing M6 ships from undocking without collisions, the destruction of captured ships by the war manager, as well as several problems with generic missions. As usual, the complete changelog can be found in the documents folder of your X3: Terran Conflict addon directory.
X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 is available now for download over Steam. The Steam client will automatically update your game to the latest version, provided it has not been configured to prevent this. We have also updated the NoSteam EXE to version 3.0 - to use this you will need to update via Steam first.
We would like to thank the volunteer developers of the AP Community Project for developing large parts of this update. We would also like to thank our army of community members, testers and translators for their contribution in bringing this update to life.
Watch the trailer of X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business on the Egosoft youtube channel!
New Features and Improvements:
- - New plots: Shady Business, Corporation Troubles, Breaking Grounds
- New generic mission: Repair Station, a service to repair damaged player stations (below 95% hull)
- New generic mission: Multiple Transport, to transport multiple passengers with different collection/delivery points
- New generic mission: Tour of a Lifetime, to take a group of tourists on a tour to various sectors to see the sights
- New generic mission: Escort Dual Convoy, to aid two convoys on different routes which need protecting
- Added controller support
- New ships: Lotan, Acinonyx, Pteranodon
- Changed the 'close to target' warning during the Follow Ship Mission from a popup message to a help text
- New special sector, including new soundtrack
- New special UFJD sector
- Unlockable Gamestarts: Aldran Adventurer, Lost Lar, Goner Witness
- Added ability for missions to enable/disable war behaviour
- More Terran factories available in shipyards
- - Fixed Generic Patrol by removing extra 'missions accepted' increment statistic on acceptance
- Fixed Deliver Matching Ship increment statistic on acceptance for war mission
- Fixed Super Shipyard dock which caused M6 ships to collide while undocking
- Fixed Boron Equipment Dock orbiting objects being in the wrong position
- Fixed Argon Stock Exchange billboard which was located below some docking clamps
- Fixed messages sent to player in Transport Passenger Missions when there is insufficient cargo space or no Life Support
- Fixed Yaki Stock Exchange unlock requirements
- Fixed Escort Convoy Mission being offered by enemy race
- Fixed Escort Convoy Mission not ending if you attack an escort ship
- Fixed cleanup for the NPC contact in the Assassination Mission once the mission is finished
- Fixed issue of captured ships being destroyed by war manager
- Fixed bug with <add_cargo> MD command
- Fixed loading of ware templates
- Fixed Ice miner Job so it no longer stays docked when it has nothing to mine
- Fixed default values for ship hue/saturation
- Added cleanup for escorts created for the Escort Convoy Mission
- Added checks to avoid Xenon Invasion Missions continuing when Xenon leave the sector
- Added checks during the Build Station Mission for when the Beacon is moved to avoid problems completing the mission
- Changed Tyr cargospace to 8800