Ship repawn with station?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

niytiy

Ship repawn with station?

Post by niytiy » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 00:05

so i saved up lots of credits and bought a station at a shipyard(boron). when the ship was undocking the thing blew up with my station! now i don't care for any patch, i was just wondering if when the ship re spawns it will have my stations in it. and if so how long does it take for a Boron Orca to re spawn in Kingdom End?

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 01:03

It will not respawn with your stations; strictly speaking, it won't respawn at all, rather it'll be replaced by a new ship with new equipment and such, so you're just out of luck there. However, to prevent this from happening in the future as soon as you tell the captain to go somewhere, leave the sector. That disables collision, so no worrying about it crashing with your expensive stations on board. Saving often when moving such valuable cargo via 3rd party TLs is also a good idea.

I'd reccomend getting a TL of your own asap, for jumpdrive capability if nothing else. Hired TLs never have jumpdrives, and as such are a huge risk, due to piloting errors as you saw, as well as just getting jumped by hostile patrols on the way. I believe(but I'm not sure) that a hired TL under your employ is still flagged as that race's ship, so a Boron TL trying to travel through Split Space will get shot to bits, making it more than just the usual hostile suspects to worry about, as well.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 01:04

Short answer : NO

Long answer : HJell no
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Alacard1
x4

Re: Ship repawn with station?

Post by Alacard1 » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 02:16

niytiy wrote:so i saved up lots of credits and bought a station at a shipyard(boron). when the ship was undocking the thing blew up with my station! now i don't care for any patch, i was just wondering if when the ship re spawns it will have my stations in it. and if so how long does it take for a Boron Orca to re spawn in Kingdom End?
For future reference, do not stay in the same sector as a moving TL. Just don't do it. When I use TL's to move things, I always begin & complete their orders from outside the sector for just this reason. Even if you have to exit via the jump gate (aka, don't have a jump drive yet), you do not want to be in the sector with a TL, especially one you've hired.

Simoom
x4

Re: Ship repawn with station?

Post by Simoom » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 02:43

Alacard1 wrote:For future reference, do not stay in the same sector as a moving TL. Just don't do it.
^This.

In fact, do NOT be in the same sector as a large ship that you own/hired when it's performing docking/undocking, period. X3 games are full of collision issues and glitches - anything bigger than a corvette (and even many corvettes!) is often prone to explosive undocking.

If you have an earlier save, I would recommend you revert to it - hire the TL again, leave the sector, then tell the captain to dock at the shipyard (once a TL is hired, you can communicate with it and issue orders from anywhere in the universe; it is not limited to the typical 25km communications range)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”