[TC] Question about Pirate factions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

x3tc

[TC] Question about Pirate factions

Post by 5150 » Wed, 3. Apr 13, 15:31

Hi,

I think I read somewhere that there were actually 3 different pirate factions (not including Yaki) in TC, the generic 'Pirates', 'Syndicate' and something else, one of which I believe was only seen rarely on a few missions.

I've use this http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=307436 to find out my pirate standing (7 - 94%) and I still see pirate ships that are 'red' to me (I have Pirates set to 'friend' so I'm assuming these are from one of the other 2 pirate factions).

Do either of these other pirate faction have ships I can use for boarding practice so I dont have to worry about my pirate rep?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 3. Apr 13, 16:17

I think it goes something like this:

'Normal' Pirates are the ones that you come across routinely in patrols, in Pirate sectors and generated for most station 'kill' or 'defend from' station and Corporation missions. They 'own' some sectors and can own stations too.

No matter how friendly you are with Pirates, some of their normal patrols will spawn red to you and some will even set out specifically to attack your assets (such as a complex of yours etc) even if they have to cross several sectors to do so. There is no real faction play in that, just the whim of the RNG and the jobs file.

Syndicate ships are generated by some plot-associated missions. Killing/capturing those ships does not harm your normal Pirate rep. Pretty much the same with Mercenary ships although these are actually more common and can be found as the enemy for some Corporation missions too.

Although these specially-named factions use generic pirate ships and race ship with the usual statistics, when you capture one, Betty continues to say the name of the source (eg: Your Syndicate Buster or Your Mercenary Nova Raider, etc) so you should also name the ships accordingly as 'collector' items even though their stats are standard.

Then there are the Duke's ships of course whose rep is linked to normal Pirate rep but the Duke's and Pirates otherwise do not interact or care about each other very much. Duke's ships are standard Paranid spec ships and do not keep their spoken Duke's name after capture.

The Yaki are different again with their own designs for ships and stations.

I think that is mostly correct from memory and I hope it helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”