[GUIDE] TL-Warehousing in 1 Page

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alacard1
x4

[GUIDE] TL-Warehousing in 1 Page

Post by Alacard1 » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 08:45

Got tired of reading that people didn't/couldn't/wouldn't use TL-class ships for warehousing, etc. due to the complexity of CLS2 so I just created a 1-page guide.

I didn't make it to be perfect (it isn't) or complete (it's not). I created it to allow players to get their feet wet with using a TL as a warehouse, CAG & CLS.

[ external image ]

In my signature is the PDF version.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Alacard1 on Mon, 25. Mar 13, 11:41, edited 2 times in total.

BAD_POOL_HEADER

Post by BAD_POOL_HEADER » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 10:05

Minor problem. Your freight servicers will only buy the ware to the amount the dock will hold which is a lot less than an average equipment factory will produce in production run.

If you want to stockpile goods you're better off having the TL free in space and service it with one of the higher transport capacity M3's.

Alacard1
x4

Post by Alacard1 » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 10:48

BAD_POOL_HEADER wrote:Minor problem. Your freight servicers will only buy the ware to the amount the dock will hold which is a lot less than an average equipment factory will produce in production run.

If you want to stockpile goods you're better off having the TL free in space and service it with one of the higher transport capacity M3's.
[ external image ]
I previously wrote:I didn't make it to be perfect (it isn't) or complete (it's not). I created it to allow players to get their feet wet with using a TL as a warehouse, CAG & CLS.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 12:45

I like using TLs for storage solutions. I like the fact that I can move them, just in case it's necessary. (I use everything I can think of and whatever I can glean from the forums, as much as I can, just because it gives me more toys to play with. :) )

Thanks for your offering!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 15:44

BAD_POOL_HEADER wrote:Minor problem. Your freight servicers will only buy the ware to the amount the dock will hold which is a lot less than an average equipment factory will produce in production run.

The TL doesn't have to be free in space, it can be docked. If it is docked the ships that are using it as a waypoint do not require transporter devices.

That said, I personally find that complexes of two cheap stations turned off solve my storage needs much better than TLs. The complex itself makes good storage for e-cells plus one or two other things you are storing in bulk, and big freighters docked can store other wares.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”