Way to disable in game mouse cursor in windowed mode? - Disable AMD Raptr.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Trooper170
x4

Way to disable in game mouse cursor in windowed mode? - Disable AMD Raptr.

Post by Trooper170 » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 23:58

I get this issue in windowed mode, where I have two cursors on screen, and the in game one is WAY slower than my out of game mouse cursor. xD Is there was a way to disable the in game mouse cursor entirely and just use the windows mouse cursor while in windowed mode? or perhaps vice versa. any thoughts appreciated! :)

-X3 Terran Conflict: Steam version (auto updated to latest) English
-installed mods: just the X3TC official / signed bonus pack.
-humble merchant start
-whenever the game is alt tabbed, or when the game is in windowed mode, this problem occurs.
-my mouse / mouse drivers: I use the Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse with the software/drivers that came with it on the cd

Since the dxdiag text is so big.. I just plopped it into pastebin, here's the link: http://pastebin.com/Dff3VCdY
Last edited by Trooper170 on Sat, 16. Feb 13, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 11:00

That is not a common issue and so must be something unique to your system set-up. See what mouse drivers you have running and disable what you don't need. Without your system and set-up info as per the announcement at the start of this forum there is little we can do to help further.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Trooper170
x4

Post by Trooper170 » Sat, 16. Feb 13, 11:00

Sorry about that, fixed. :) you think downloading new drivers for my mouse would be a good start?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Feb 13, 13:20

No idea. That non-standard DxDiag info you uploaded does not show your drives, mouse and driver info, nor your codec list. That is why we recommend that you run, produce and paste the DxDiag into your post exactly as detailed in the Announcement.

Have you run the Steam verify gamefiles cache tool for X3TC?

You do have a problem as shown by the crash report in the info you uploaded. That looks like OS and/or DirectX/DxDiag issues!
"DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4) & Direct3D (stage 3) & DirectSound (stage 3) & DirectInput (stage 1) & DirectShow (stage 1). "

Go to the MSDOS Command Prompt and run it using right-click & 'run as admin'. Now type 'sfc /scannow' and see if it reports and perhaps repairs any OS issues. If it reports issues that it cannot repair then I would personally consider a total reinstall of Win7 given the reported issues and ideally would use the x64 version to do so.

I can tell you that the old and default generic MicroSoft USB sound driver you are using may not be optimised for you and that with Win7 x32 and a slowish AMD cpu you are not looking at great X3 gameplay prospects unless you perhaps reduce the in-game detail. That may possibly explain your slow in-game cursor but I am unsure at the moment.

What is the reason that you run the game in windowed mode and how does it play (and the mouse cursor) in full screen mode?

Trooper170
x4

Post by Trooper170 » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 22:37

Running the scan now. also i'm running the steam verify cache again to double check file integrity.

And it's odd my dxdiag didn't pull all the info.. ran it the usual way, didn't take a close look at it. I guess it was just because I had the game running at the time, must not have liked that. I ran it again and this time, there was no dxdiag crash. :P here is the corrected dxdiag http://pastebin.com/t7eAixpi
I know my sound drivers are very basic, as I think those are the only drivers I have not personally replaced while purchasing newer / better hardware. Haven't had much in the way of any sound issues though, so I've seen no reason to go mucking about unnecessarily.
I had opted voluntarily to use 32 bit windows 7 because of emulation compatibilities, and the fact that I only have 4 gigs of memory anyway, My next system, will definitely be windows 7 64 bit, however. :)
The only time I've ever run in to any in game performance issues was when I built a massive complex in Herron's Nebula xD (40+ stations) but that's understandable. Other than that, the game's been running pretty smooth. especially after I bumped all the settings down to medium. and disabled anti aliasing and the like. The in game mouse just moves slower because of software acceleration, or so it seems to me. I won't even pretend to know how the mouse coding works in this game. :P (I keep my windows mouse on maximum speed).

I've been running the game in windowed mode lately, so that it's somewhat easier to watch netflix on my secondary monitor, browse the internet etc while I wait on trading ships / autopilot arrivals. :P
But this issue has been an on and off occurrence with or without windowed mode enabled. I was hoping there was a simple way (like in a config file somewhere) to disable the in game mouse, or to disable the software acceleration/deceleration . or perhaps re-hide the windows mouse whenever the x3 window tab is selected, regardless, it's not too big of an issue, as I mostly use keyboard controls / joypad controls anyway. But it was something recurring that I've noticed, so I figured I'd post about it here. :)
Let me know if that new dxdiag copypasta has what you were looking for, if not I'll look at the announcement post again to double check i'm doing everything right. I've only ever known one way to gather dxdiagnostic data though. :P
The game runs smoothly on medium settings in both windowed and full screen mode. :) just feels like there's some sort of software deceleration on the in game mouse is all. (well, when compared to my windows cursor speed, anyway.) I've seen little in the way of in game mouse options in the options menu. was wondering if there were any unseen options.
Thanks for your help ^^ and thanks for looking through my mess of a dxdiag :P Any other thoughts are much appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Feb 13, 12:06

Well I can see 2 more potential game issues now. You have Ffdshow and Haali codecs operating. For Ffdshow you can disable its use with both x3tc.exe and x3ap.exe - see the Ffdshow Sticky - or better you can uninstall the codec pack (eg k-lite, CCCP, etc) that probably installed both sets of codecs which you really do not need and are known to harm X3 gameplay.

That all said, I cannot see them affecting your mouse response.

Interestingly, this thread has just resurfaced with some ideas.

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 21:57

Have the same problem.

Funny thing is using the same operating system and mouse but switched computers(upgraded). Don't think its a driver issue.

The first obvious thing was a very slow mouse and then on alt-tab, there was a double mouse. I'm so disappointed as I bought the PC to finally enjoy X3 loaded up....

Ortanith
x4

Post by Ortanith » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 02:24

I know this is an old post, but I found that my overlay from my amd graphics card app raptr was causing an issue as was the steam overlay. I disabled both and no longer suffer the issue of the double mouse cursor.

lemdoran
x4

Post by lemdoran » Fri, 31. Oct 14, 22:47

Ortanith wrote:I know this is an old post, but I found that my overlay from my amd graphics card app raptr was causing an issue as was the steam overlay. I disabled both and no longer suffer the issue of the double mouse cursor.
That was exactly my problem, your soluce work, thanks a lot Ortanith haven't think about the raptr overlay at all, already shut down the steam one :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”