X3TC TL question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jamumools

X3TC TL question

Post by Jamumools » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 14:55

Can a tl carrying station kits use a jumpdrive?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 15:04

Yes your TLs can. I don't think the hired NPC ones will use them while on task though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jamumools

Post by Jamumools » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 15:33

Thought so - thanks!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 1. Feb 13, 02:14

While the Player-owned TLs can easily use a jump-drive, I've never seen a hired NPC TL use one. That's why they give so much time for those Build Station missions. Otherwise, if NPC TLs used jump-drives, those mission times could be cut down to just a few minutes and you wouldn't even feel rushed...

I haven't seen any NPC TLs under attack "jump" for that matter, either. Though I haven't witnessed them being attacked very frequently, since they're usually only found in heavily patrolled sectors.

That gives rise to a question - Why don't large ships being attacked and boarded by the player elect to jump to safety? The only ships I have seen jump to safety are Yaki ships that are avoiding me, since I attacked them so mercilessly in the early game. IIRC, I've seen a couple of freighters jump to safety, but I think they may have just had that on their work order list and the attack wasn't responsible for it.

Perhaps NPC ships just arent' frequently stocked with jump drives? From previous captures, that seems to hold true. Even those that are so equipped don't use them when I've attacked and captured them. Maybe they didn't have any fuel? (I don't recall capturing a jump-drive equipped ship that also had e-cells on board.) Anyone?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 1. Feb 13, 15:31

The only events of that I've seen are from Nuklear-Slug's DiD's. He boarded an Osaka in Zen and the Art of Running Away, and it jumped, ( from one Terran sector to another.) And the same happened when he was attacking a Tyr in Wanton Use.

Never seen it personally, though I've had Bombers I was trying capture be mid jump and get away. I actually had one bail, complete it's jump count down and then I was able to claim it on the other side of the gate.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Sun, 3. Feb 13, 00:15

Aside from military ships (notably anything bigger than M6) very few ships have jumpdrives standard. I played a DID where I wasn't allowed to purchase anything if it could be obtained by piracy. Took a loooooooooooooooooong time to get a jumpdrive.
I fly Terran for the accents

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 3. Feb 13, 00:40

Llama wrote:Aside from military ships (notably anything bigger than M6) very few ships have jumpdrives standard. I played a DID where I wasn't allowed to purchase anything if it could be obtained by piracy. Took a loooooooooooooooooong time to get a jumpdrive.
I found that in my early game, I could reliably obtain jump drives from the Duke's freighters. That's where I got my first several jump drives, from.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”