Complexes not generating weapons.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zenoxious
x3ap

Complexes not generating weapons.

Post by Zenoxious » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 17:54

Steam install version 2.5.2 of X3:AP

No scripts installed other than bonus pack features; Commodity Logistics, Commerical Agent, Dockware Manager, Hephaistos Corp, Black List Manger, Turbo Booster and Turret on/off.

Problem:

None of the Ion Shard Rail gun forges and Medium Weapons Production Complexes seem to be generating any weapons any more in my universe. All stations have plenty of resources and at first started to produce items, but after 5 or so hours of in game play and continued checking on the factories they seem to be in a frozen state and no longer produce anything.
Computers are like air conditioners, when you open Windows they become useless.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 22:11

Similar threads here and here. See if those give any hints. Moving to Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Hrodeth
x3tc

Post by Hrodeth » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 22:22

Alan Phipps wrote:Similar threads here and here. See if those give any hints. Moving to Universe (gameplay) forum.
Not wanting to resurrect those old threads. Alan are they talking about player or NPC factories? Catra states the god mechanic deletes idles...hoping that doesn't mean idle player factories?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 22:26

@ Hrodeth: These are NPC factories and NPC combined product complexes we are talking about here and in those linked threads. Note the OP here says 'Medium Weapons Production Complexes' which are not buyable in vanilla.

If you did want a Player-owned weapon complex similar thread then there is one here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Complexes not generating weapons.

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 03:26

Zenoxious wrote:stations have plenty of resources
If they are not full of resources then there is a good chance that they do not have enough to start a production cycle. Some of the larger weapons require nearly full resources before they will begin manufacturing.

Alan's links explain the details.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 13:22

Player ISR, CIG and IPG forges have something like a 12 hour cycle time, producing either 4 or 6 guns at a time. If the NPC weapon facilities work in a similar way, then it's just a matter of waiting longer.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Zenoxious
x3ap

Post by Zenoxious » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 18:29

I've been monitoring 3 particular forges consistently that I've had up in a window and the resources have not moved in several days worth of play. I would say they are resource filled between 90-100% of capacity for primary resources.

I don't have this issue with Yaki IBL forges as is common for other people, they've produced at least 3 IBL's each and I hadn't even stocked these forges before I started monitoring the galaxies Ion Shard Railgun production, that shows you just how long it's been.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 20:30

Thus far I've had no trouble with my weapon forges. I'm gonna have to agree with them and say that you probably just don't have enough of the resources in the queue, even if they're close to full. Some stuff are big resource pigs.

Zenoxious
x3ap

Post by Zenoxious » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 02:25

Well if you've had no problems then everything must be ok... This has happened in varying degrees since X2, it's hardly like I've said something completely off the wall and unheard of.

If the amount of resources are not enough to run the cycle then after several days of real play I would have expected the NPC's to feed the needed amount to the station rather than me having to manually stock each one to the gills before the factory can resume production.

That said anyone care to share what the required materials are to start a manufacturing cycle for a Medium Weapons forge/Ion Shard Railgun forge?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 06:31

Zenoxious wrote:anyone care to share what the required materials are to start a manufacturing cycle for [an] Ion Shard Railgun forge?
According to Xadrian (Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP):

Ion Shard Railgun Forge
Race: Split
Price: 10,065,800 Cr
Volume: 13,500
Size: S
Cycle: 11:14:00
Product: 5 Ion Shard Railgun

Resources:
10,110 Energy Cells
1,685 Ore
1,011 Rastar Oil

Storage capacities:
20,000 Energy Cells
8 Ion Shard Railgun
3,332 Ore
2,000 Rastar Oil

Assuming that the above is correct, your 90% full of resources should be sufficient to start a cycle. If weapons are not produced within 11 hours and 15 minutes of in-game time, then something is wrong.

BTW, how are you testing for whether a cycle has finished? If you do not have a ship auto-camping at the factory, then the factory could finish a production run and sell all of its weapons before you check it.

Use CLS2 (Bonus Pack) or Station Camper (script) to be certain that your trader grabs any guns produced by the factory.

Zenoxious
x3ap

Post by Zenoxious » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 21:18

Thanks for the info.

I have a satellite in the sector and trading system extension installed. I took note of the resources in each station and noticed none of them were consuming anything. The sector I'm monitoring is Thurak's Beard because there are 2 Medium Weapons Forges there and one Ion Shard Railgun Forge. The Medium weapons forges have even stopped producing Mass driver ammunition, which is basically all they seemed to do when the stations were actually consuming resources.

On a side note I started another game to check and they seem to be running in that so I'm not too sure what's broken my main game.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 21:41

Zenoxious wrote:The Medium weapons forges have even stopped producing Mass driver ammunition, which is basically all they seemed to do when the stations were actually consuming resources.
iirc, NPC multi-product 'complexes' are just single stations which switch between production cycles - only one cycle will run at a time, it's not parallel like a player complex. If they're waiting for (say) resources for an ISR cycle then they won't produce anything else.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 23:37

Zenoxious wrote:....
If the amount of resources are not enough to run the cycle then after several days of real play I would have expected the NPC's to feed the needed amount to the station rather than me having to manually stock each one to the gills before the factory can resume production.....
Actually, they very well may not continue to stock the stations if they're nearly full. NPC trader's generally only sell to stations offering above average prices, and nearly full stations will only buy for rock bottom prices. Try topping them off and see what happens.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”