Random News not worthy of own thread

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 17:37

I'm not saying he is a Russian asset, I'm saying he sat on his asset when he was supposed to be confronting Putin.
#AlertTheDaycareStaff #denturedonald

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 11:53

Disney have indeed bought out Fox (except for Fox News, sports and a couple of other minor bits) for $66.1 Billion... Though it still has to be confirmed by anti-trust/monopoly folks.

66,100,000,000 Dollars...

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 12:00

So, they own the rights to Futurama now?

And Firefly....

Good News Everybody!

I think....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 03:25

Just sharing some laughs...

https://i.imgur.com/axdRMEO.gif

I can't ever not laugh at this. Crying right now, still...

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 23:31

The Pentagon recently conducted a secret study of UFO phenomenon: https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/politics ... index.html

And, this story just hit the press, too: 2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’

So... yeah. This happened. Now what? :)

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 23:55

Just as long as the pilots don't open fire. Don't want this sort of thing to happen. Just saying. :wink:

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 00:35

brucewarren wrote:Just as long as the pilots don't open fire. Don't want this sort of thing to happen. Just saying. :wink:
may i ask from where you are to find a proxy which let me see that video? ;)
ImageImageImage
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 01:18

It's just a clip of
SpoilerShow
Thunderbird 2 getting fired upon because she's doing 5,000 mph at the time
I believe the show was made in the UK if that helps with googling for clips and stuff.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 03:14

Rice wrote:
brucewarren wrote:Just as long as the pilots don't open fire. Don't want this sort of thing to happen. Just saying. :wink:
may i ask from where you are to find a proxy which let me see that video? ;)
The video starts off with an ITV logo, so it will be UK.
I'm not saying he is a Russian asset, I'm saying he sat on his asset when he was supposed to be confronting Putin.

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 12:45

Crytek sues Robert Space Industries over Star Citizen & Squadron 42

https://youtu.be/7MzzuiQVTDw?t=3m17s
This is a breif filed by Crytek and RSI replay so far is the Boiler Plate type of acknowlagement that is normal . ( Ok ducks , get in a row )
He narrates no long wall of text for you to read . Brief read about 30min.

Code: Select all

With Amazons  engine being used now by RSI . Amazon seein $$$ with RSI now useing its engine may just pay Crytek to go away . With rumors around  that Crytek is struggling , they may just take such an offer . Who knows ? this is just the first torpedo launch.
Book TV
https://www.coursera.org/#
I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 16:56

Tracker001 wrote:Crytek sues Robert Space Industries over Star Citizen & Squadron 42

https://youtu.be/7MzzuiQVTDw?t=3m17s
This is a breif filed by Crytek and RSI replay so far is the Boiler Plate type of acknowlagement that is normal . ( Ok ducks , get in a row )
He narrates no long wall of text for you to read . Brief read about 30min. ...
Awesome! A copyright attorney on youtube! /bookmarked! :)

IIRC, there was mention of this in the Star Citizen thread. Either that or I read across it while reading another article in that thread.

I think one gripe is that Crytek was hoping to get constant dev info and "free work" from RSI as they used the engine and modified it. There was supposed to be a free exchange of info from their development.

Edit Add: Interesting inclusions in that lawsuit. Good video, too. If the general gist of Crytek's contract with RSI is correct, RSI has some 'splaining to do in court. I don't see how RSI can think it can escape CryTek so easily. It doesn't matter what they're using now, what matters is what they agreed to in that earlier contract.

The Squadron 42 issue is interesting, too. That obviously raised CryTek's eyebrows when it was announced as a separate game.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 18:53

Uh....

A followup to the "UFO" post, above:

Former Pentagon UFO official: 'We may not be alone'

And...

UFO Footage released by DoD (Guncam footage) includes pilot coms

Oh Lord, I sincerely hope that "First Contact" doesn't happen while Trump is in office...

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 20:53

I reckon someone should send the DOD some washing up liquid, a bucket of clean water and a large sponge. That black smudge on the camera lens will scrub right off with a bit of elbow grease.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 05:55

It says a lot about a place when they can take the piss out of themselves. So I give you the 10 worst places in Scotland. Note; he uses the term NED quite a lot and if you didn't know, a NED stands for None Educated Delinquent.

Part one

Part two

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 20:03

felter wrote:It says a lot about a place when they can take the piss out of themselves. So I give you the 10 worst places in Scotland. Note; he uses the term NED quite a lot and if you didn't know, a NED stands for None Educated Delinquent.

Part one

Part two
Lol, pretty good.

"Stirling... enough drugs to sedate Eastern Europe." :)

Return to “Off Topic English”