SOLVED [X3tc] Complex is erroneusly blinking as if were out of resources.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

lumbrius
xr

SOLVED [X3tc] Complex is erroneusly blinking as if were out of resources.

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 13:25

Hello!
My closed-loop complex is constantly blinking, but I have all resources in stack and their self-supply is neutral/positive:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/86607 ... 09392147B/

Please tell me what the bug it is and how to stop this? It's blinking is so annoying that I sometimes I want to take M2 and blow it up :evil:

edit: solved
Last edited by lumbrius on Tue, 18. Dec 12, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 14:08

Hi i have suffered this problem myself very annoying.

Not sure if this would fix your problem totally your ArgnuBeef / BoFu / BoGas & Sunrise Flowers Production & consumption are the same
I would stop production on all your factory's that use these resources & let these factory's Max out then restart production on your other factory's.

it looks like your Product production factory's are fighting for these resources & if there in short supply some factory's will be out of required resources for there production.

Edit : Formatting & spelling
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 14:38

Thanks, I'll try that :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 15:29

Flashing yellow does not always mean that your complex or factory has stopped, it means that it yet lacks all the resources for the next production cycle. Typically, a finely-tuned self-sufficient complex will not have made all the intermediates until just before the next production run starts and so the complex can be really efficient yet spend almost the whole time flashing. The same will happen with single stations receiving just-in-time resource deliveries.

The only way to help avoid this in closed loop complexes is to over-produce or to deliver separately loads of resources/intermediates in advance to 'seed' the production such that the complex always has a spare production cycle of materiel on hand. It may be with slow-build high-tech end-products that a complex cannot actually store enough to never flash after a cycle has just started.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 21:18

Nothing helps me :( I stopped all production, filled to 100% all intermediates, and still its blinking :(

edit: saw new posts below
Last edited by lumbrius on Tue, 18. Dec 12, 22:19, edited 3 times in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 21:56

Then you have forgotten something in the complex. Look at the complex info screen and see if any resources are listed - it should be 'none' for a self-contained complex. A common error is putting different race factories into the complex that need special-to-race food and the complex does not have all the required race food factories.

Another common issue is not having enough resource and intermediate factories included to store the needs of one or more very high-tech end-product production runs that needs lots of input all at once to start.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 22:13

**EDIT** Bah..ninja'ed by The Phipps-meister! :wink:

Stock all resources aswell, then restart.

Then look at the complex info and see which factory has still not started production and look at the resource it needs. Check the level of that resource and you'll see the cause of the issue.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 22:17

I've just self-destructed hub and reconnected all stations (they were all green), all went fine, no more blinking finally :P
Thanks all for help :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”