EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[script] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge [Updated: 2013.05.17]
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
cyrusx

PostPosted: Thu, 24. Jan 13, 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi.
Thanx for nice addon to universe )
There is a misspelling inside the scripts. Fixing removes a random crashes for me (too often while fighting a HiveQueen).

Script: plugin.ik2.hatch.cmd.xml
Line: 62 (70 plaintext)
Wrong code: $ship ->start task 10 with script 'plugin.ik2.egg.cmd' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
Must be: $ship ->start task 10 with script 'plugin.ik2.eggs.cmd' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null

Binesi

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 6. Feb 13, 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I tried to uninstall this today. I found the laser tower eggs to be too much of an immersion breaker so I changed all eggs to various mines. Seemed a bit better but when I try to target any of them X locks up.

So anyway, as I was saying I tried to uninstall and that went fine but now my X3 AP seems too boring. The new Khaak where the only significant danger I had! So I want it back... Awesome script!

Any ideas why it would lock up when I change the first eggs to SQUASH, and the second to Matter-Antimatter mines?

cyrusx

PostPosted: Wed, 6. Feb 13, 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi!

Binesi wrote:

Seemed a bit better but when I try to target any of them X locks up.

I got the same problem but no answers in this topic.

I tried to fix it myself, seems like I got it.

Just share my fixes: ik2-fixes-cyrus.rar

Binesi

PostPosted: Thu, 7. Feb 13, 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks for that! So far, so good. Seems like you have it fixed.

GDI-BOSS

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Feb 13, 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Where you can put the difuclt of this great scrpit??in x3R you can choose difccult but in this version i dont see..txs

cyrusx

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Feb 13, 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

GDI-BOSS wrote:
Where you can put the difuclt of this great scrpit??in x3R you can choose difccult but in this version i dont see..txs

you need to install Community Configuration Menu to configure various options of Improved Kha'ak

Joshua the Bear

PostPosted: Sat, 2. Mar 13, 00:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
The Xenons have always focused on terraforming planets, yet we have always seen them destroy technology. However, our stations keep becoming bigger and more advanced, and the places were we build our colonies on are becoming smaller and smaller. What if the Xenon start seeing our stations as planets? It would lead them to investigate our stations before terraforming them - who knows, mabye they will learn?

- ATF Lt. "Grizzly"

How about that you make the xenon use their terraforming technology on stations as well, making them like the borg? You can have them slowly expand the universe, taking technology and adapting it for use into their fleets as they go along, and have them get accelerating growth: The more stuff they take, the more powerfull they become. For example, if they take a shipyard, they are suddenly able to produce a lot more ships, albeit ships from the race they took it from. So if they take a teladi shipyard, a lot of xenon teladi ships will appear, boosting the xenons numbers, which in turn makes it more difficult for the player or universe to respond. However, a player can seriously dent the progress of the xenon by destroying that shipyard, denying them the use of those Teladi ships and thus seriously weakening their numbers again.

You can make it work for weapons as well. Xenon fielding shockwave weapons (*DUN DUN DUN*).

Pirate2203

PostPosted: Sun, 31. Mar 13, 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi, parameter ETA: x min
What is this?

incarnyte

PostPosted: Sat, 13. Apr 13, 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Awesome mod except I am having the same issue as an above post. Whenever I target one of the eggs (only the mine types) X just locks up on me. I tried to insert the script fix above and it is still happening. Any thoughts?

Echofinder

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Apr 13, 03:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Just curious, are you still considering working on this plugin further? I've quite enjoyed the combat and my base has built up quite a bit of Nividium from scrapping extra ships; I'm wondering if there was something we could apply this to.

7ate9tin11s

PostPosted: Thu, 16. May 13, 04:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hmmm, eggs causing lockups. Never ran into that one. Perhaps it is something to do with the recent patches. I have not had much time to play lately Sad

If everything works out I will do a bit of tweaking this weekend. Very Happy

7ate9tin11s

PostPosted: Fri, 17. May 13, 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Untested r3 put up for use and evaluation. It fixes the bad script call that could take place when an egg was scheduled to hatch and there was no room in the wild Kha'ak queue for a new ship.

I think the mine issue may have been caused by running basic attack scripts on invalid objects, like mines, and those are now considered to be a protected class that will not have attack scripts ran on them.

I was not able to fully test these changes due to time constraints (Flying out to Denver next week...wheee!) so this is untested and can be downgraded/upgraded by just overwriting files. No restarts or anything needed Smile

https://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/downloads/detail?name=ImprovedKhaak2_IK2_r3.zip

I will be looking to merge in some of the changes in the above fix patch, as needed, this weekend as well. Let me know if there are more changes needed! Smile

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 17. May 13, 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Let me know if there are more changes needed!

I am not sure if this report qualifies, but in a couple of weeks of testing I saw no Kha'ak at all. Then I got side-tracked into testing the AP3.0 beta, so I was not able to test further. I am not sure whether that was an issue with the setup defaults or a conflict with something else or what.

If that report is useless, then don't worry about it. Smile I only said something because you asked.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Katsuma

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jun 13, 07:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, I've only been using this mod for a day or so, and I love it to bits, but I've run into a frustrating issue. I'm not sure I'd call it a bug as I would a conflict.

Anyways, playing with XRM, Anarkis Defence System, and Kha'ak Invasion (plus a bunch of other mods which I don't think are relevant). I was lucky enough to capture a Kha'ak Advanced Carrier before I installed the mod, and I figured I'd tuck it away in some out-of-the-way sector and have it start laying eggs for me. However, activating the "Lay Eggs" command in the command console brings up the carrier configuration menu from ADS, and the command doesn't stay activated! I tried ejecting my carrier command software and trying again, but doing that removed both the ADS commands and the Lay Eggs command from my command console. Oddly enough, the Lay Eggs command works fine on my Kha'ak Advanced Destroyer, which also has carrier command software installed. The only difference I can see is that the Advanced Carrier is recognized and registered with ADS, and the Advanced Destroyer is not. I'll do a little more troubleshooting to try and figure out this issue, but I just thought I'd bring it to the thread's attention.

Oh, and I've been using the untested r3 version of this mod. If all else fails, I'll drop back to r2 and see if that fixes things.

Teladidrone

PostPosted: Thu, 27. Jun 13, 04:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Using r3.
Experienced this above mentioned total X3AP "lockup" for the first time today. No clue as to why.
Yes, I was in a sector with eggs... but not 100% sure what I did and could not reproduce it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next