[script] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge [Updated: 2013.05.17]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 02:50

DrBullwinkle wrote:So... what does "Player hatred" do? How does it vary from vanilla TC behavior? And what are the Kha'aks doing if not hating the player (98% of the time)?
At a technical level, player hatred is a dice roll from 0 to 99 that is thrown every time a swarm is choosing which sector to attack. If it falls below the specified player hatred value the swarm will attempt to target a sector that has a player asset within it (Station or movable ship)...basically they will put the hate on the player :D

Oh, and I would use the common login for the google code site, but someone went and put verification on it. What is the phone number or city?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 02:57

Curses! Foiled again!

It would not surprise me if Google did that because they noticed people using the same login from all around the world *sigh*. You could PM LV and ask... but it would be just as easy to ask him to add your own Google account to the site.

In the meantime, you could email it to me and I can post it for you, as a temporary work-around while you are waiting for responses from SS_T and LV.

And thanks for the explanation about player hatred... it makes sense now.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Fri, 14. Dec 12, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 03:34

DrBullwinkle wrote:In the meantime, you could email it to me and I can post it for you, as a temporary work-around while you are waiting for responses from SS_T and LV.
Emailed, please let me know when it is up. :)

/Will look later tonight
//For now the Teladi must pay!
///PAY for making slow irritating ships! :fg:

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 08:25

Well... the custom ship option does work wonderfully....

popped in to a sector as the swarm attacked and there were the custom ships tearing up the sector. (I counted at least 7 Large) and the ships were custom ships added through the plugin manager....

With the custom ships being way more powerful than the average Kha'ak...
(Jorkin's 3 B5 shadow vessels, worked wonderfully.... )

I upped the med to 10-25 (the m3 has 7x25 MJ shields), and the large up to 2-9 (only 2x2GJ shields, but very potent weapon configs) anf the scout (m5 has 8x5MJ shields and 4 ISRG) min up to 10...

I did reduce the number of swarms to 5 and the number of wild to 120 or so per your update/advice earlier in the post.

The potential for a 1 swarm customized swarm as a addon or possibly a multiple instance of the script (maybe to simulate multiple fringe elements)
maby make a capture behavior (where the swarm captures up to half the ships n sector and takes the people off the stations causing an across the board drop in relations, just enough survivors were left to spread the tales.. maybe they were captured for slaves, maybe for food, depending on the nature of the "enemy" in your story)
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Fri, 14. Dec 12, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 17:24

*looking through personal script repository*

Hmmm...tracker mines that actually track and kill...

Sounds like an option for those small eggs in r3 :twisted:

/wanders off to work...

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 19:07

OOhhh!!

Is that you??? ;'D

are you back for good this time? ;)

because, i was thinking about IR lately a lot ;D

right now I have end-of-year madness @ work, but...

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 19:02

Hi 7ate9tin11s

Very good script.

I found one problem: destroyed medium Eggs (laser tower) leave old wares of X3 Reunion.

PS. I play AP + XRM. Maybe this is the reason for the problem?
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 05:40

Yacek wrote:Hi 7ate9tin11s

Very good script.

I found one problem: destroyed medium Eggs (laser tower) leave old wares of X3 Reunion.

PS. I play AP + XRM. Maybe this is the reason for the problem?
:?

What wares do you see? I thought the game engine did not drop items from lasertowers :oops:

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 10:03

7ate9tin11s wrote: What wares do you see? I thought the game engine did not drop items from lasertowers :oops:
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 17:43

Yacek wrote:image
I play XRM as well and have yet to see an egg drop junk items. Hmmm, a 'U' class container with quantity 2. I think 'U' items are upgrades like rudder, cargo, and speed (not sure). I will alter the generator to ignore upgrades on LT's for r3.

There is really nothing else that can install 2 of in the build script though

/Weird bugs... :rant:
//Well the Kha'ak are weird bugs too
///Don't kill my complex bugs, I did not mean it! :khaak:

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 22:05

Hey 789, on my journey to make my own script more user friendly, I stumbled on this line in your plugin.ik2.init.xml

Code: Select all

$array = [THIS] -> call script '!lib.array.join' : Array 1=$array Array 2=$temp 
Now I am not able to find this !lib.array.join. Where to find it??

cheers

*EDIT*
If it is just a merge array help, forget it :). I use lucikes merge.array.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 22:20

Umm it's in the scripts folder as a .pck
You are probably looking for an .xml file, which it is not

EDIT: I just found out that it is in X3 AP but not in X3 TC, that is probably why you cannot see it

EDIT 2: 789, I noticed that from code you have pasted that you are using XScripter. Since you were last on the forum a new editor called X-Studio by mr.bear was released, which I find to be much easier to use. If you want to you can try it out.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 22:45

jack775544 wrote:Umm it's in the scripts folder as a .pck
You are probably looking for an .xml file, which it is not

EDIT: I just found out that it is in X3 AP but not in X3 TC, that is probably why you cannot see it

EDIT 2: 789, I noticed that from code you have pasted that you are using XScripter. Since you were last on the forum a new editor called X-Studio by mr.bear was released, which I find to be much easier to use. If you want to you can try it out.
just a note in advance: If you do use X-Studio disable the "automatically insert script code macros" in the options, its a bit buggy, mr.bear has vanished for the time being (probably busy with more important things) and hasn't had a chance to release a fix for it.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 07:24

Jack08 wrote:just a note in advance: If you do use X-Studio disable the "automatically insert script code macros" in the options, its a bit buggy, mr.bear has vanished for the time being (probably busy with more important things) and hasn't had a chance to release a fix for it.
Like all bears, I think MrBear fell in winter sleep.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 04:57

:evil: :evil: :evil:
* You're station is under attack *
"Hmmmm?"
* Gamma Swarm Says "Hello!" *
:headbang: :khaak:

Well, player hate is a powerful thing....*sigh*

So, I have been kicking around a couple ideas for Xenon, what are all your thoughts?

Idea 1
"Perhaps we look at the Xenon in the wrong light. We know their programming was to protect humanity and develop us planets. What if they are protecting us? What if keeping us busy and contained with their little skirmishes is to keep us ignorant and happy? What could be that outside threat?"

-Professor Paranid, shortly before execution by priest king
Idea 2
"For the longest time the Xenon have focused on bigger and better ships, but we have been noticing a disturbing new trend; The internal electronics are becoming smaller and more ubiquitous. Have the Xenon set upon the path of nanomachines? Will our own ships be turned against us?"

Commander Bullwinkle, ATF AGI Symposium
Idea 3
"It is odd how the Xenon migrations mimic communications protocols in legacy computing systems. Could we be nothing more than noise on the line to them? What would happen if they used a broadcast message in hopes of finding other sectors? How can this be turned to profit?"

Nicoman, Teladi Xenotechnologist
I, of course, leave the mechanics of such a world to your imagination. What is your dream for the Xenon? :xenon:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 05:22

All great theme ideas, 789. I don't know what they mean, in terms of gameplay, but they sound great. :)

Mainly, I was looking for your scripts to add a bit of intelligence and aggression to the enemies, as well as whatever magic your evil mind comes up with. :) Perhaps you could give us some idea of what you can do?

For example, with Jobs and OBS, we can easily increase *numbers* of enemies. However, beyond a certain point, greater numbers do not create a greater challenge. For example, the only difference between 10 M2's and 100 M2's is time; because no more than 10 M2's can be within firing range of the player at any instant in time. The rest just spend their time in collision avoidance or mostly-uninteresting NPC-vs-NPC battles.

However, there are examples of smarter enemies that increase challenge. The Tyr chase, at the end of Balance of Power, features unusually aggressive and tenacious M2's; resulting in perhaps the best combat challenge of the vanilla game.

Other examples include:

- The smarter and more aggressive enemies of Phanon Corporation
- ADS fighters which teleport back to their carrier for repairs when damaged
- In-sector Point-to-point jumps to evade attacks
- Generally increased "Aggression" or "Missile fire probability" settings (especially on M8's).
- Missile-spamming RRF M8's and M7M's

Obviously, stronger ships and weapons are nice, as well, although they fall more into the "mod" category rather than the "script" category.

What else can you do to increase combat challenge of the enemies?

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 06:50

7ate9tin11s wrote: Idea 1
"Perhaps we look at the Xenon in the wrong light. We know their programming was to protect humanity and develop us planets. What if they are protecting us? What if keeping us busy and contained with their little skirmishes is to keep us ignorant and happy? What could be that outside threat?"

-Professor Paranid, shortly before execution by priest king
What if they found a ancient machine that was old before dinosaurs walked the earth... and it was powerful enough to wipe out it's own creators and their contemporaries long ago and "oh, look, more stupid carbon-forms to destroy" Maybe it reprograms the Xenon to be smarter, tougher, even more aggressive.

How about a swarm like invasion timer, set to attempt to actually take over a sector (race responses would make this interesting), single swarm, that if successful, then attempts to wipe out the next sector... and so on until destroyed. The timer can be set for hours or days, and it is outside the normal routines of the in game Xenon.

I also like the miniaturization option.... make Xenon capable of "capturing" a ship (by transferring either a program or nanobots to a ship in combat)

make them capable of subterfuge, a captured buster shows as argon until within say 3 k or less, maybe require a bioscanner to confirm.(and does not turn red until detected as Xenon) -imagine a small fleet of captured ships, all coming in looking normal and friendly, suddenly they swam attack a station or ship....

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 09:22

I love the migration idea. Especialy if combined with some type of a revenge protocol like "some creatures are interupting our supply chanels. These should be wiped out to secure communication".
Especialy great if those migrations could be some sort of transport convoys. Like 3-5 TLs and a HUGE fleet backing them up and securing their safety.
Haste-whip TrixX!

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 17:09

DrBullwinkle wrote:All great theme ideas, 789. I don't know what they mean, in terms of gameplay, but they sound great. :)
A story will make one think and extend it on their own, whereas a fully fleshed idea is hard to change and is generally met with only approval or disapproval. In essence, if you want and need ideas it is better to feed imagination then to invoke rational analysis. :wink:

Anyways, I always think in stories so it is easier for me to present initial ideas this way. :lol:

----- End Pseudo-Psychology Lesson -----

Thanks for all the idea so far! I hope to begin looking into script creation while my work is closed next week (This week is a bit harsh with all the end of year tasks).

The most important question for me in evaluating options is how the different Xenon activities can make the game more fun within the framework of the basic ways to play X: Fight, Trade, Explore, and Capture. As an example, IK2 adds to Fight (obvious), Capture (eggs to get ships you could not otherwise in a balanced manner), and explore (p2p jumping for speed!), but damages Trade with random or targeted sector cleansing.

-7ate9tin11s

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Tue, 18. Dec 12, 17:12

7ate9tin11s wrote: I, of course, leave the mechanics of such a world to your imagination. What is your dream for the Xenon? :xenon:
Really Improved Xenon?

As for me Idea 3
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”