Downloads:Anonymous Argon wrote:"You know, it almost makes you feel sad for them. Between the Terrans, Xenon, and new ships by Otas corporation and others the Kha'ak are just not much of a threat. True, some of their ships can be a bit of a pest, but their sparseness and predictability make them a minor threat at most."
"It makes me wonder though, what will be their response to our rapid technological jumps? Will they be a threat again?"
R3: https://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/d ... IK2_r3.zip
r3 contains bug fixes and hopefully a fix for the squash mine lockup issue some have reported, this is untested due to time constraints and can be downgraded/upgraded by just overwriting files. No restarts or anything needed
R2: http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... IK2_r2.zip (Thanks Bullwinkle!)
The menu can be accessed by toggling the AL task or in the optional Community Configuration Menu. On initial startup IK2 will examine the universe, this may take quite a while on an existing game. Once it is finished the menu will be available to enable and control IK2. For uninstallation, set IK2 to disabled through the menu and wait until shutdown of the script is complete.
- Swarming Behavior - Kha'ak ships now prefer to target the same things as their neighbors. This leads to massive focus fire like is often used by players to reduce enemy numbers quickly.
- Customized Death - Ships? Sizes? Sectors? Amounts? Times? Swarms? Abilities? Yeah, everything can be customized.
- Eggs - Kha'ak ships can lay eggs, which will eventually spawn into new vessels. Even player-owned Kha'ak ships...ever wanted to spawn a destroyer?
- Player Hatred - The masochistic among you can ratchet up the player hate to be swarmed more often, while the cowards can keep it low to only be victims of random chance.
- P2P Jumping - The most loved and hated feature from IK has returned to let Kha'ak ships perform in-sector jumps to quickly encircle and destroy targets (starts disabled). Don't worry though, your Kha'ak ships and even some others can do it to!
- Swarm Notification - If a swarm is going to arrive and you have a ship or station within 3 sectors of the swarm, a message will be sent. Act quickly, the swarm waits for noone!
- Hatchery Sector - A queen and her brood sleep here, ever waiting, ever dreaming. Do you dare wake her?
WARNING: This is a near impossible battle, save first!
- Queens Vengeance - So you actually killed her? Impressive. Can you survive the 30 minutes of focused swarm attacks that can optionally follow?
- Insector Jumping - Undamaged Kha'ak ships or ships with both a jumpdrive and unfocused jumpdrive can execute insector p2p jumps to a target for the energy cell cost of a 5 times an insector gate jump (so 50 for a corvette) from the navagation menu. The ship must also have navigational software installed so they know where they are going.
- Lay Eggs - Kha'ak ships with special command software can find this command under the general command options. For the player, laying eggs slowly canabalizes the hull of the ship to make an egg. After a time the egg will hatch into an appropriate vessel for the egg size, there is always a chance of laying eggs of a larger or smaller size than the current ship. Do be careful though, hull can be expensive.
- So far no incompatible scripts or mods have been found. Combat scripts tested include XRM, MARs (Make sure to turn it on for all AI ships ), KI 1.2, and Karma (Makes life extra difficult ).
- For IR2, Jack08 recommends disabling the IR2 'Improved Kha'ak' option to prevent the minor buildup of extra Kha'ak in the universe.
- Reward - Need to add more than a feeling of accomplishment for beating the queen...money is trivial at that endpoint of the game so what are your ideas?
- Difficulty Levels - I would like to put in some pre-defined difficulty levels in for those that fear to tread the customization maze. Please post your settings and suggestions!
- Bugs - Find something broken? Let me know!
Text File: 8974
p2p Jump Command: 229
Hatch Egg Command: 1230
Lay Egg Command: 1231
Good luck out there! -7ate9tin11s
-Hatching AI eggs no longer call a non-existant script if too many eggs have hatched...basically they will now hatch if the hatched scripts go below the limit now
-Basic attack all script will no longer be ran on mines, satilites, stations, and other inappropriate targets selected to be eggs or ships. I think this will fix the mine lockup issue some have had.
-Hatchery sector is now randomized properly on initial startup
-Captured swarm vessels don't self-destruct
-Menus give hatchery information
-Swarm manager now recognizes and uses vengeance protocols
-Several fleets of Xenon I's were harmed in the testing of the hatchery.
-Hatchery toned down to 99 at 50% s, 25% m, 25% L from 125 at 33% s, 33% m, 33% L...I found a way to win, will you?