[AP] Xenon Hub Reset to Neutral Issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Rez
x3tc

[AP] Xenon Hub Reset to Neutral Issue

Post by Rez » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 00:19

- Windows 7
- Quad Core, GeForce 260, 8gb RAM, Creative 5.1
- X3 AP 2.5.1 w/ Bonus Pack
- Modified game, including XRM and STO

Hi there,

I encountered an issue on a previous playthrough that I didn't report initially, but after seeing a few others mention it in other threads I decided to bring it up here as well as the XRM forum topic. I do not know for sure if this happens on vanilla AP as I've only played this release as a modified game.

In short:

-Complete Terran plot, receive control of the Xenon HUB. If you are using a sector takeover mod then you also take over the sector.

-Improve your relations to the Boron up to 6. Atreus HQ plot activates, returning the Xenon HUB to neutral and the player loses the sector altogether.

-Attempt to complete the Atreus HQ plot to restore Hub to the player results in a bug when the player attempts to realign the gate. Gate is realigned, but the plot does not continue.

Disclaimers
-As I mentioned, this was a modified playthrough. My thinking is that it is either an issue with the vanilla game or XRM, which is why I've brought it up in both areas.

-Rez

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 00:25

afaik there is no way in vanilla to activate both plots, you either have terran start and access to their side of missions, or CW start and access to only CW plots

the problem here is that in XRM all starts are allowed all plots -> which is what it sounds like the problem is all about
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 01:37

Since this is not a vanilla issue, and you've also asked in the appropriate (XRM) thread in S&M, we'll let this one drop.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”