Where would you build a Chip plant complex for the HUB plot.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ali-stool
x3tc

Where would you build a Chip plant complex for the HUB plot.

Post by ali-stool » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 12:38

Basically what the the heading says. I need to produce all those microchips and I don't know what sector to build it in and how many I should stick together. It would also be nice if it stayed profitable afterwards too. as it's probably going to cost me a fortune.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 12:50

Depends on your method of silicon acquisition. I generally have it imported to the complex either by random mines or mobile mining ops.

I like the sector south of Menelaus' Oasis.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 12:50

I setup mine in 'Mines of Fortune', there are a lot of silicon roids in that sector to make quite a large complex. Microchips sell like hot cakes as well so you won't have trouble getting rid of them. :wink:

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 12:59

Barren Shores, Ministry of Finance, Tkr's Deprevation, Spring of Belief in that order. Composition of complexs, of course, depends on whether you've already delivered the crystals to the Hub or if you have just started the game. Neil

ali-stool
x3tc

Post by ali-stool » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 13:11

Ah, cheers guys. I'm probably gonna go for Ministry of Finance, it's a bit more central to the rest of my complexes. I prefer to mine my own Silicon but I import crystals for the solar power plants. This way you get to use more Silicon producing products.

ali-stool
x3tc

Post by ali-stool » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 13:14

Oh, and i've only really just started the HUB plot i just read that down the line i will be needing quite a lot of crystals.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 13:54

I built a series of mini chip 'plexes on my last play through, all self sufficient, normally each with 5-12 chip plants in them. One in Elena's Fortune, two in Ore Belt, one in Cho's Defeat, one in Hollow Infinity....etc. With a CLS pilot to shunt all those chips to the Hub for Mahi Ma the whole section of the plot was over fairly quickly. After that the mini 'plexes just kept selling and making me more money :D

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 15:22

Mines of Fortune is a good sector, also theres a good unknown sector west, south of unholy descent that has 5 64yield silicon asteroids. I use this one to help with the crystals, SW and chip section of the hub.

For crystals I had 6 L crystal fabs(+6 to power the SPP) which I turned off when the crystal part was finished then the complex produced silicon wafers for that part of the hub plot.
Once the Silicon part was finished I placed 30 chip fabs, the complex in mines of fortune is the same.

There are 2 things to note about that sector, it requires a lot of towing to get the mines setup and when selling the chips after the hub plot you will have to move some of the chips to another place as it dosen't seem to generate a lot of traffic. It does sell but the amount will outpace demand just for that sector.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 15:55

I've changed strategies to building SPP's with each complex and shipping in huge numbers of crystals. It's easier than worrying about trying to ship energy, particularly given the ratio of Crystals to energy cells. It's basically storing 138 energy in the same space as four.

Of course, it's easier to move energy in small fast m5's than crystals.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

haft2doit
x3tc

Post by haft2doit » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 17:52

ali-stool wrote:Oh, and i've only really just started the HUB plot i just read that down the line i will be needing quite a lot of crystals.
What you should be worried about is microchips! Crystals are easy in comparison. I would start producing chips long before you even start the hub plot. The universe doesn't really produce any, and each plant only makes 10 per hour. Long way to 150,000...

As for the original post, I like to put it in a sector out of the way that I rarely visit. Once the hub plot is over there isn't much you can do with them. You need many chip plants to do it and barely any consumers that need it.

Edit: apparently npcs will buy chips up like booze. In which case means they will be very profitable. My last play through I was trying to sell it myself...don't do that :)
Last edited by haft2doit on Tue, 20. Nov 12, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 18:03

Actually the chip market is bottomless from my experience, I do have problems selling them from certain sectors. I can ship the MC from these sectors to the faster selling factories and they sell with no problems.

Most trading station buy them and since these are the most common stations they have a huge market, the freight & high tech traders will be your most common customers.

haft2doit
x3tc

Post by haft2doit » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 18:48

Ya that is what I'm gathering. If you set the price right it works like booze or weed. I think last time i was doing the plot I set cags to it but there aren't enough stations to sell to. If it works like booze they will be very profitable.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 19:51

There is a bottom, but it seems to be insanely hard to reach it. I recall someone who managed it but I can't recall where the topic was.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ali-stool
x3tc

Post by ali-stool » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 22:26

What you should be worried about is microchips!
Sorry! just an error, I actually mean to say microchips.

Ah man I didn't think this Plot would be so tedious, it sure does extend the length of the game I guess though :/

What else should I be on the look out to start producing for the plot? Or is microchips the biggy?

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 22:46

ali-stool wrote:
What you should be worried about is microchips!
Sorry! just an error, I actually mean to say microchips.

Ah man I didn't think this Plot would be so tedious, it sure does extend the length of the game I guess though :/

What else should I be on the look out to start producing for the plot? Or is microchips the biggy?
If you are really on microchips. Then you dont need to worry anymore.

The blow is just a little check list in order of wares (outside of a certain nid that demands 15 mil) that the evil squidie will be asking. (Also this is for others who want to spoil their fun of finding out if they have not yet done the plot even once.)
Spoiler
Show
400 compute components
500 microchip
150,000 teladianium
450,000 ore
500 nividium
250,000 crystals
400,000 silicon
75,000 microchips
Hallow Infinity the one next to Queen's Retobution is nice place for a chip plex too. Great place to practice towing roids as well as being a dead end sector with little trade movement.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 00:25

Aragosnat wrote:Great place to practice towing roids
No need to practice towing its so easy now not like the certain death it was before they fixed it :)

ali-stool
x3tc

Post by ali-stool » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 01:01

Hollow infinity is a no go, I already have a huge complex there. Also it's kind of my base of operations with it being so close to a local jump drive. Yeah I I did did mean micro chips. 75000? really?

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 01:06

75k is nothing it used to be 250k, 100 chip plants should wrap it up in 2 days, especially if you started early.

Try the unknown sector I mentioned its a great spot and with 5 64 yield roids you can run 30 chip plants aswell as the infrastructure to power it.

Its also a good idea to keep your big expensive complexs out of race territory as you might want to pick on them at a later date 8)

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 02:58

I spread several self-sufficient chip plexes out across several sectors. I built an 8xChip Plant plex in Barren shores, an 18x in Patriarch's Retreat, and a 25x in Mines of Fortune. I also stuck a complex consisting of four chip plants stuck together inside the Hub sector itself.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

vradchuk
x2

Post by vradchuk » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 19:54

Here's post about my 78-chip-plant complex in Barren Shores http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=321121

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”