Making Argon and Boron my friends after the Main Terran AP Plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dreamer2008
x4

Making Argon and Boron my friends after the Main Terran AP Plot

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 12:46

Right now, I am doing the main Terran AP plot, and I don't like the fact that the Argon and Boron are my enemies. How can I raise the reputation with them again after the plot?

I enjoy ruling a peaceful economic empire, and my traders and stations have a hard time gaining any profit just by trading in the Terran sectors.

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 13:29

If you have any rank besides the worst with Boron/Argon, you can simply start doing missions for them. You will have to start by looking for Boron and Argon mission givers in other races sectors. Take whatever you can find regardless of the money they will pay you, and you should only need a few missions to get your rank up to neutral.

If your rank is the worst with Boron and/or Argon, it will take a lot more time to raise it. There are really two ways to raise your reputation with them. One is through combat. You can blow up Paranid/Pirate/Xenon/Terran ship is Argon boarder sectors, while avoiding Argon police/military chasing you. In Boron space you can blow up Pirate/Xenon/Split ships. Each ship you destroy will slightly improve your rep with Argon/Boron. The other way, which I prefer, is to set up some stations/complexes that Argon/Boron can trade with. Space weed works really well, because Argon and Boron traders (like most races) will come from all over to trade with you for it without you needing to take the product to them. Each trade you make with the Argon will improve your rep slowly, and then you can start doing missions for the Argon/Boron when your rep is past that last worst one.

Whichever way you decide, getting past that worst rank will take time, so have patience. Once you can do missions, it will take hardly any time to improve that rep.

EDIT: to clarify something, you can do missions for Argon/Boron mission givers even with the worst reputation with those races, you just wont get any improvement in your rep after doing them, but you will get paid still. To receive a reputation boost for doing Argon/Boron missions, you must have at least the next to worst rep rank with a race.
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”