The Xenon Hub Sector - Where is It ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

The Xenon Hub Sector - Where is It ??

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 00:18

I happened to take a close look at the Xenon Hub Sector. The area we dock is labeled the Xenon Hub, but the whole sector is a construction. A close look anywhere shows plating, big pipes, girders. From gate to gate, it is about 40 km. From the bottom to the Xenon Hub, it 39 km. There is even a lighting circle behind the surface at both top and bottom. Since the Hub projects from the top, a good guess would be that the whole thing is a metallic sphere about 45 km in diameter. That is huge !!

There is a view at equator level. A red hot sun is visible at about 20 degrees from North. The Kestral can’t fit through the slot, nor can the astronaut. It doesn’t appear to be the same red hot sun as some of the other sectors that have them. It has tidal waves moving across the surface, which is different. There are even some projections that appear to be going from this structure toward the sun.

The gates can move between the sectors, but this structure would stay where it is, I think. There are 3 different sector pairs that it can be between, so that is just the gates. The structure stays where it is, I think.

So where is this ??
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: The Xenon Hub Sector - Where is It ??

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 00:20

Bill Huntington wrote:... So where is this ??
It's a projection of structures at the very apex of the hub. In other words, look up. :D

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 00:41

If you're talking about its coordinates on the Universe Map, it's directly to the left of Argon Sector M148. If you're talking about its physical location in space, there's no way to tell since which sector links to which does so entirely at the will of the Ancients.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Bill Huntington
x3tc

More

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 02:10

Sorry, guys, I am asking about the Sector, not the Xenon Hub itself. This is more of a lore question.

TC programmers didn't have to tantalize us like this, yet I don't remember any comments about this. You have to look outside the sector through a slot that circles this sector, and see outside of it. Knowing TC pilots, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that someone has figured out how to get outside ! Anyway, not the Hub, and not where it's located on the TC map.

Is this a Forerunner Race home world, or something, long preceeding the Xenon? The Xenon were a human creation gone bad, after all.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 02:00

The Xenon didn't build the gate network, the Ancients did. Therefore, my money's on them also having built the structure that can modify the gate network.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: More

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 04:36

Bill Huntington wrote:... Is this a Forerunner Race home world, or something, long preceeding the Xenon? The Xenon were a human creation gone bad, after all.
Since you reach it by going through some heavily infested Xenon sectors, I'd imagine that it's far outside of normal Commonwealth space. My guess is that the Xenon happened upon it as they were making their way back to civilization.

The location is probably an old tourist trap of the Ancients. If you could get out of the Hub's spherical structure, you'd likely find old Ancient souvenir stands and abandoned tattoo parlors and amusement parks. Or, maybe it's the equivalent of a leper colony and you'll find Ancient Leper Zombies!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 07:46

Just a note here--you can actually get a view of the outside of the structure pretty easily; just move a ship up to the edge of the interior, jump to external view, and then zoom out as far as you can.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 08:08

In the early versions of TC you could actually fly around outside the hub sphere.

There is a pic somewhere of an astronaut doing some graffiti with his repair laser.
Lost the link,but I sure would love to see that again.

Was it Spaceweed_Addict or someone with a similar pseudonym that found the way out ?

Kajar
x4

Post by Kajar » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 08:59

Even easier to view the outside of the HUB... Target it and hit F3...

An idea i had to get outside would be sending a ship out of the ecliptic, OOS. Then jump in, fly to the border, hope that the HUBs walls are not more than 5 Km thick and Transport over :3

uhhh... back in a few ~

edit : nope doesnt work, they just get thrown back within the construction.

jlehtone
x4

Re: The Xenon Hub Sector - Where is It ??

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 19:55

Bill Huntington wrote:So where is this ??
The lore states that all the sectors are far apart, even when they happen to use the same star and background models. The Solar system "sectors" are an exception, but they have no intra-Gates either.

Therefore, the galaxy map is arranged by connectivity, but not by physical proximity. In a sense that has kept the races lazy; they have not developed interstellar technology (unlike the Stargate lore) except JumpDrives. For example, the Teladi did not know the location of Ianamus Zura (their homeworld) and were cut off for the period the IZ was not linked to the X-Universe subgraph.

So where? Anywhere, like all sectors.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 20:57

I would assume that getting outside is fairly easy via scripting and I'm sure I've seen some pics supporting this...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 22:33

perkint wrote:I would assume that getting outside is fairly easy via scripting and I'm sure I've seen some pics supporting this...
As noted a couple of times in this thread so far, it's quite easy to get pictures of the outside of the Hub without actually putting a ship out there.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 00:58

Yeah but I'm fairly sure I've seen pics submitted to screen shot thread that were from ships outside the dome. May not have been from current version tho...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”