[SCRIPT] [TC] - Explorer Command Extension v2.6 - [31.08.2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 10:58

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx wrote:The thing is, I play XRM, and there the principal, central sectors opened immediately. Deployment of satellites - having companions everywhere, flies directly in the remote sector through uncharted sector - naturally through Xenon. What a stupid dies.
Still no solution to this problem mainly because of lacking time. Workaround: Assign ships a homebase and set a maximum operating range in the menu.

Shadow_Wolf33
x3tc

Post by Shadow_Wolf33 » Thu, 12. Sep 13, 18:23

I was really excited to use this script (especially with how the explorers all seem to co-ordinate), but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm running the current version of AP, with the latest version of XRM and I'm using M5s to explore (no jumpdrives, as XRM makes them an XL ware), and all my explorers will distribute out to a section where they will wind up just sitting there and doing nothing.

Any idea why that might be? :?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 22:12

Shadow_Wolf33 wrote:I was really excited to use this script (especially with how the explorers all seem to co-ordinate), but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm running the current version of AP, with the latest version of XRM and I'm using M5s to explore (no jumpdrives, as XRM makes them an XL ware), and all my explorers will distribute out to a section where they will wind up just sitting there and doing nothing.

Any idea why that might be? :?
Hm, for me it is working, I have TC v3.2 though. But as far as I can tell, all used commands should work in AP also.
Someone with AP using this having same problems?

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 22:43

Hello,

I'm also using AP and XRM and i also got problems with your script. The explorer doesn't seems to coordinates. The first time i tried the script, i activated satellite deployement on 6 M5, they all deployed all their satellite in the same sector at the exact same places (effectively ending with something like 36 satellites in 6 different places in the same sector). I will give it a new try tomorrow to see if i also have the same problem as Shadow_Wolf33.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 00:08

Crap! This means something is wrong in AP. Any TC using guys have this problem?
Maybe I should upgrade to AP, but I play always XRM (and a lot of other mods too) and in AP XRM the main story missions are not available. But I love to have those story missions in my game too, so...

Shadow_Wolf33
x3tc

Post by Shadow_Wolf33 » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 19:31

The AP plots are still available in XRM, the only difference is that there's a replacement war.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 09:23

Not all are available - namely, the Argon plot isn't.

Also, I can't seem to download the file - I'm just getting a corrupted .zip each time.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 10:17

MutantDwarf wrote:Not all are available - namely, the Argon plot isn't.
Aha, and besides of that, I have to install steam to play AP. Now I don't want steam and alike on my PC, so thats another hassle.

MutantDwarf wrote:Also, I can't seem to download the file - I'm just getting a corrupted .zip each time.
I think this is because of my lazyness. I compressed the file to .7z, and xdownloads does not accept 7z files. So i just renamed the compressed 7z to .zip -> Try to decompress with 7zip.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 15:30

Hello,

I can confirm that the scout ships just stop after reaching their first destination and do nothing.

For XRM and AP, you can play as a terran, you will then have access to all available plots :D
Steam is more a problem if you don't want it on your pc, but you only need it to install AP, after that there is a non-steam executable available on this site so you can uninstall it and still play.

Sotanaht
x3ap

Post by Sotanaht » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 15:12

I wish the auto-generated coordinate matrix were more flat, or at least had the option to be more flat. By default the game doesn't really make a great deal of use of the Z axis, nearly all stations and ships will be within 20km of z=0, even if they are 90km from x or y=0.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 00:24

anachron13 wrote:For XRM and AP, you can play as a terran, you will then have access to all available plots :D
Steam is more a problem if you don't want it on your pc, but you only need it to install AP, after that there is a non-steam executable available on this site so you can uninstall it and still play.
Ok, I will think about that :).

Sotanaht wrote:I wish the auto-generated coordinate matrix were more flat, or at least had the option to be more flat. By default the game doesn't really make a great deal of use of the Z axis, nearly all stations and ships will be within 20km of z=0, even if they are 90km from x or y=0.
Why not using the manual input of coordinates? Using this you are able to define whatever shape you like.

Sotanaht
x3ap

Post by Sotanaht » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 03:25

Nicoman35 wrote:
anachron13 wrote:For XRM and AP, you can play as a terran, you will then have access to all available plots :D
Ok, I will think about that :).

Sotanaht wrote:I wish the auto-generated coordinate matrix were more flat, or at least had the option to be more flat. By default the game doesn't really make a great deal of use of the Z axis, nearly all stations and ships will be within 20km of z=0, even if they are 90km from x or y=0.
Why not using the manual input of coordinates? Using this you are able to define whatever shape you like.
I did exactly that. I suppose it's not too much for the 9 points I used, it would just be nice if there were an automated option that fit better with the way the universe was actually shaped.

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:25

anachron13 wrote:Hello,

I can confirm that the scout ships just stop after reaching their first destination and do nothing.
Same here with XRM/AP. Any solution yet?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:37

scoutster wrote:Same here with XRM/AP. Any solution yet?
Unfortunately, I put all my efforts into ADS - RWE at the moment, which consumes all my time, as I am not a programmer like DrBullwinkle, Cycrow, Gazz or other major modders - so I am quite slow. As soon as I finish that autocarrier/bomber thing, I will have a look what causes the hang on AP, ok?

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 23:16

Nicoman35 wrote:
scoutster wrote:Same here with XRM/AP. Any solution yet?
Unfortunately, I put all my efforts into ADS - RWE at the moment, which consumes all my time, as I am not a programmer like DrBullwinkle, Cycrow, Gazz or other major modders - so I am quite slow. As soon as I finish that autocarrier/bomber thing, I will have a look what causes the hang on AP, ok?
Dude, no need to lessen, for my part your script was part of any new game in TC. Looking forward - any time :).

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 18:59

Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

KOUSHUIHAN
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] [TC] - Explorer Command Extension v2.6 - [31.08.2013]

Post by KOUSHUIHAN » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 11:27

A friendly remind, the explorer ship also need Navagation MK1 , then they will show in the exploration ship list.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”