station hack doesn't seem to work on yaki?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadyJ

station hack doesn't seem to work on yaki?

Post by shadyJ » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 04:10

So I am not on the best terms with the Yaki, but I want to dock at some of their stations. I bought a station hack from some Paranid for a Yaki stock exchange a couple times but it isn't making the station friendly for me to dock at? Why not? Is it possible to somehow force the stations to be dockable?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 04:48

I find the easiest way to befriend the Yaki is to kill stuff in their territory. Try the following:
  1. Get a "Return Ship" mission for a fighter. (Careful: that's the one where the guy wants you to recover an abandoned ship, not a hijacked one.)
  2. When you recover the fighter, load it onto a carrier of one form or another and jump to the north gate of Ocracoke's Storm.
  3. Abort the mission.
  4. The race of the quest giver will send police ships to destroy the fighter. Kill these police ships.
  5. Rinse and repeat until the Yaki stations turn blue, at which point you can take a fighter into Yaki territory and scan any remaining red Yaki ships to turn them blue.
  6. Restore any lost rep with the main races.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

nflszhu
x4

Post by nflszhu » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 06:01

Maybe you should check your ship's command manu - friend/foe option and make sure Yaki is defined as friend?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 06:47

You have to bring your Yaki reputation (not shown anywhere in vanilla, but still counted) to at least a neutral level before they allow you to dock. The required reputation level in Senator's Badlands is slightly lower than in Weaver's Tempest. Follow the StarSword steps to do this. Also, if you can get any mission from Yaki ships or stations, do it.
PS: station hack only affect the aggro flag from an individual station, meaning that the station forgets that you were attacking it at some point (this aggro. flag also gets set if the station is created when your reputation with the race was too low).

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 09:15

StarSword wrote:I find the easiest way to befriend the Yaki is to kill stuff in their territory. Try the following:
  1. Get a "Return Ship" mission for a fighter. (Careful: that's the one where the guy wants you to recover an abandoned ship, not a hijacked one.)
  2. When you recover the fighter, load it onto a carrier of one form or another and jump to the north gate of Ocracoke's Storm.
  3. Abort the mission.
  4. The race of the quest giver will send police ships to destroy the fighter. Kill these police ships.
  5. Rinse and repeat until the Yaki stations turn blue, at which point you can take a fighter into Yaki territory and scan any remaining red Yaki ships to turn them blue.
  6. Restore any lost rep with the main races.
Why haven't I thought of this before.
This is just what I need in the game I am playing this time.
:D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 13:38

kurush is correct. You have two reputations with any station--the rep with the race owning the station, and a flag saying if the station itself is hostile to you or not; hacking only resets the latter flag, it doesn't allow you to dock if the station's owning race is hostile to you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 13:49

@ pjknibbs: That does not seem to apply entirely for Pirate-owned stations. You can be as disliked by Pirates as can possibly be yet still dock and trade at hacked Pirate-owned stations - which stay blue even if you hunt local Pirate ships and unless you specifically annoy that station or hit their jumpgates or LTs. The exception is for Anarchy Ports which will revert to red the next time you hunt Pirates or when you leave sector if the Pirates are unhappy with you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 14:33

Pirates are a special case, no matter how good (or bad) your rep with them is; there will always be some hostile ships around, or blue stations.

When talking about race-reps & rules, it's always best to treat pirates as the exception. While they have two flags as well, they seem to be much more independant (aka, station flag can be reset to friendly, even tho pirates themselves hate your guts, this is unique to pirates)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 18:08

Alan Phipps wrote:@ pjknibbs: That does not seem to apply entirely for Pirate-owned stations. You can be as disliked by Pirates as can possibly be yet still dock and trade at hacked Pirate-owned stations - which stay blue even if you hunt local Pirate ships and unless you specifically annoy that station or hit their jumpgates or LTs. The exception is for Anarchy Ports which will revert to red the next time you hunt Pirates or when you leave sector if the Pirates are unhappy with you.
This is true, but Yaki are treated in the game more like a main race than the anarchist pirates. So you need to follow normal rep rules for the Yaki. As Starlight said, pirates are 'special'. :pirat: :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”