[Request] Disabling laser tower is under attack notifications

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Probe1
x3ap

[Request] Disabling laser tower is under attack notifications

Post by Probe1 » Mon, 15. Oct 12, 02:17

I'm sick of Betty telling me a ship in PTNI headquarters is under attack. It's a stack of laser towers intercepting pirates coming out of an XRM Pirate sector. I know they're getting shot at. That's what is supposed to happen.

I would be more upset if they weren't being shot at.

But it's driving me up a wall. I can either turn Betty off entirely and rely on subtitles to notify me when something is attacked in a sector other than PTNI headquarters or I can suffer every 10 minutes.

Is there a way to disable the audio notification of ship under attack ONLY for laser towers?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 15. Oct 12, 03:36

LT's are ships. Its either on or off for all ships as far as I know.

Personally I gave up on LT's and use drones instead via SSDN. Allocate enough drones and they kill their targets so fast, the system doesnt get time to tell you they are being attacked more than once.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Mon, 15. Oct 12, 07:42

Could you.. say, reclassify them as satellites?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 15. Oct 12, 07:48

A satelite is still a ship and gets the same warnings.

If you change them from a ship, they will stop firing.

leko

Post by leko » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 13:10

apricotslice wrote:...Personally I gave up on LT's and use drones ...
Hi, Probe1, Apricotslice

I agree with Apricotslice, forget LT's and OWP :evil: , use drones. :rofl:

I use DCS which can make every carrier you choose into a powerfull Drone Carrier.
fi:I put 1 m2 Valhalla Drone Carrier + 1 to protect it in Omnicron... War sector ! ---> they survived for days now (IS-OOS no matter), fantastic !
Fly there with whatever ship and start fighting - you will see what I mean, when things go really bad they come by the hundreds m1,m2,m7,m6,...

In a friendly sector you take a cheap carrier as DCS, much better than LT's because they spawn somewhere in the sector, not at the gates.

Carrier needs weapons only for self defense, with small groups of enemies he will not even get close. I always put in a combat ship to protect it, just in case.

You will loose some from time to time if they spawn on top of your DCS , but that's okay , shit happens !

Don't worry, be happy ! leko :rofl:
To be god you have to be two, one that is god, the other saying "My God!"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”