[Fangame]X-the forgotten battles

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Westbeam
x3tc

[Fangame]X-the forgotten battles

Post by Westbeam » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 16:18

I want to show you a very old project called "X-the forgotten battles". I started this project 3 years ago with the programming language "BlitzBasic 3D". 2 years ago I turned to FreeBasic, because FB works on Linux too. I am using "OpenB3D" for the 3D-World.
I mostly advertised it in the German part of the community, but now I want to show it you too.

X-tfb is a 3D-Space RPG which takes place in the X-Universe of Egosoft. The game plays 500 years before the story of X-Beyond the frontier starts. The story is only a little part of the whole game. You can explore a huge universe with many different alien races. You can buy over 50 different ships, for example a little fighter or a huge destroyer. You can build your own space stations and so you are creating your own economic empire. You can buy many different weapons and other tools and you can improve your spaceship, so it will be faster for example.

I am working on a multiplayer mode, because many members of the community really want to play with other people.

Maybe you want to see some ingame screenshots(click on them to enlarge).
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
1. Screenshot: A big planet and its moon
2. Screenshot: 2 spaceships. A M3-fighter(Elite) and a TS-transport ship(Muli)
3. Screenshot: A jumpgate to another sector. In the background you can see a spacestation, where you can buy and sell products or search for quests and new ships.
4. Screenshot: The UI. Here you can find many informations about your ship, about the known galaxy or about your personal statistics. In this case, it shows the map of the current sunsystem.
5. Screenshot: The HUD and the old cockpit.
6. Screenshot: The new cockpit.

I am not finished yet, but I will upload a pre-alpha this month.

Links:
IndieDB-Page
German forum on xfans.de

Sorry for my bad English. :|

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 22:21

Looks very good :)

Keep up the good work :thumb_up:

Return to “Creative Universe”