Problems with Mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Edbanga
x3tc

Problems with Mining

Post by Edbanga » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 23:47

Exact nature of the problem and where and when it occurs:

I am unable to mine. When I select 'mine minerals' for ore or silicon from within the special commands menu I get the message 'Command accepted' and then my Vulture miner travels a short distance and then stops without mining anything. This happens when I command the ship remotely or pilot it myself. I am flying in Ianamus Zura. The ship is equipped with a mining laser, the hold is empty. I have tried equipping the ship with Best Buy/Sell software, Fight, Trade and Navigation upgrades to no avail.

System specifications (DXDiag report): <Removed as unnecessary in this case. Alan Phipps>

Game version and language (e.g. 1.0.1 English):

X3:TC version 3.2 English

Whether or not your game is modified using any scripts/mods:

x3tc_bonus_package_4.1.01

Where appropriate, additional symptoms, error messages and screenshots:

All other aspects of the game appear to be fine.

Where appropriate, type of game played (game start, custom game etc.):

Standard Terran Defender start.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but the search facility did not return anything when I searched for mobile mining. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 01:10

You didn't mention if you had an ore collector installed. The ship won't be able to mine without that.

Edbanga
x3tc

Post by Edbanga » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 09:20

Thanks for your reply Crezeh.

The ship is a standard Vulture Miner, purchased from the shipyard in Ianamus Zura, which comes with all the necessary mining equipment installed, including the software and ore collector. At the moment, the only thing added is a mobile drilling system, although I have previously tried other configurations such as best buy/sell software, duplex scanner etc.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 21:45

You need to read some of the Mobile Mining guides in the X-Universe forum Sticky thread 'Resources and Guides'. An example. There are only full-size sector asteroids in Ianamus Zura (no rocks or debris) while you need some rocks (debris or a broken asteroid) of the relevant mineral in scanner range of the mobile miner when you set it off.

Mobile miners need a weapon installed to break big rocks, but even if it is a Mobile Drilling System, the ship under AI control will not break full-size asteroids. You need to use a MDS or a high-yield missile to break an asteroid of the right type yourself before you can mobile mine there using the AI command.

Moving to X-Universe forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 06:29

If you are using mods or you dont mind having the modified tag.

Heres the one that will save your life.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226336

Its an automated mobile mining program. You dont have to worry about your miners, they will mine & sell. They will even upgrade their ships if necessary.

Check the link for more details....

Happy mining... :wink:
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 08:26

Klord wrote:If you are using mods or you don't mind having the modified tag.

Here's the one that will save your life.
Prospector is fine, but don't forget Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2), which more features than Prospector and none of the hassles. Miners pause when shields are low, repair themselves when damaged, continue mining after unloading at a TL (or other capital ship), and an entire wing of miners can be controlled with a single command.

With Mobile Mining Mk2 it is now safe to be In Sector with your miners.

i wrote Mobile Mining Mk2 because of the troubles that you had in getting Prospector to work for you, Klord. :)

Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Wed, 22. Aug 12, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 09:51

DrBullwinkle wrote:Prospector is fine, but don't forget Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2), which more features than Prospector and none of the hassles. Miners pause when shields are low, repair themselves when damaged, continue mining after unloading at a TL (or other capital ship), and an entire wing of miners can be controlled with a single command.

Interesting....I think I should try that. After all Prospector is not perfect. Just checked my hidden ships & found out that I have lost 3 Prospectors (dont know how, why or when).
DrBullwinkle wrote:i wrote Mobile Mining Mk2 because of the troubles that you had in getting Prospector to work for you, Klord. :)

I can remember, me having troubles with Prospector in TC.... :shock:
I was young, impatience, anxious & desperately in need of automated mobile mining. :oops:
& yup, you did help to solve them (thanks) but never mentioned about a new script better than the prospector... :roll:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 19:46

Klord wrote:I was young
It was six months ago. ;)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 19:58

DrBullwinkle wrote:t=324146]Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2)[/url], which more features than Prospector and none of the hassles.
Yeah, instead of a new script package with its own logic Dr.B. just fixed numerous vanilla bugs in those scripts to the point where they are actually usable and don't require micro-management. I like it. They still don't break big rocks, which seems to be the OP problem. And they should not, imo.
Buy some hornets and blow them yourself if you need to - they last for quite a while after that. In fact, I am still waiting for the rock broken this way to run out.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 18:58

DrBullwinkle wrote:It was six months ago. ;)
:D a young-ling in X universe....there was a whole dark universe out there. :roll:

Edbanga
x3tc

Post by Edbanga » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 22:06

Sorted. Thanks for the advice.

Ed

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”