[MOD][AP] Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 25/08/2013 - vanilla & XRM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

[MOD][AP] Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 25/08/2013 - vanilla & XRM

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 17:12

Hello, everybody.

I've made this sector mod to better connect the universe and give the player a chance to explore, conquer and play a more vital role in the game.
It should be light on the system since it doesn't use much resources (no scripts, no special MD code).
Trade, fight, think, build! That's all!

Notification for this version:
2.02 is savegame compatible with 1.03b and 2.0x :)
LoCo XRM version 2.0x requires XRM 1.29 or 1.30.


IF USING XRM VERSION DO NOT UPDATE XRM UNTILL I CHECK EVERYTHING IS OK.
don't use with RSM. it won't work!


Features:
:arrow: 57 new sectors - former Terran colonies, destroyed in the first Terraformer war, and new unexplored space.
:arrow: Galaxy Map reorganized, now all terran sectors appear north of Commonwealth
:arrow: new sectors have descriptions and names are pronounced by betty

How to access new sectors?
SpoilerShow
Aldrin 2 north gate
Menelaus' Frontier north gate
Rhonkar's Might north gate
Megnir south gate

... i'm not tellin... :P
This mod uses:
:arrow: text file page id: 9333

download rar Vanilla Version 2.01 - WITHOUT jobs file. Should work on vanilla and just about anything else (even XRM if you don't want extra defences in the new sectors)
Image

download rar Version 2.02 - with XRM 1.29 jobs
Image

Polish translation LoCo 2.01 and XRM jobs
Image


map is here, thanks to Yacek!

Installation:
exit game first.
unrar to your X3TC addon dir
there should be no overwrites.
rename cat and dat files to next number available.
play the game.

Installation/patcing from 1.03b:
just paste new files, overwrite old and play.


If you find bugs or strange errors, please report them!
If you have suggestions or ideas on how to better this mod, share your idea!


Permissions are here


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

A huge thanks to Egosoft for making the game and even more for supporting modding community
Thanks to paul wheeler (and everyone else working on XRM) for a wonderful mod that inspired this one(link)
Thanks to doubleshadow for making the x3 editor (link)
Thanks to DIMOSUS for making the map tool (link)
Thanks to Yacek for Polish translation
Thanks to all forum members for testing and giving feedback
Last edited by vukica on Wed, 11. Jan 17, 14:46, edited 54 times in total.

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 17:17

Version history:

version 2.0

- added new sectors
- fixed some sector descriptions

version 1.03

- relocated Leap of Faith (12-9)
- XRM 1.29 compatible
b:
- fixed AP 3.0 new sector not showing on galaxy map

version 1.02

- renamed Unknown Sector 10-10 to colossus.
- some new sector jobs
- added gates from family zein to whi's arrow (new game only)
- added IEX patch

version 1.01

- changed new jobs respawn value. sector defenses should populate sectors more quickly now. (XRM version)
- changed some stations types (vanilla version)

version 1.0

- added 10 new sectors
- modified XRM jobs file to populate new sectors
- save game compatible with 0.91 Beta 2

version 0.91 Beta 2

- confirmed compatibility with vanilla AP
- confirmed compatibility with XRM submods (except advanced universe)
- fixed sector descriptions
- added roids to hero's memorial
- add ice roids to new sectors
- changed mars position on the galaxy map
- altered sector Lost Colony Rearguard

Warning: incompatible with previous LoCo expansion save!

Version 0.9 - initial beta release
Last edited by vukica on Sat, 17. Aug 13, 01:37, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Yacek
Posts: 3157
Joined: Wed, 18. Jul 07, 11:44
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:01

Code: Select all

<t id="1021507">{17,10441} {12,101}(Hades Alpha)</t>
in game - Hades Beta

Code: Select all

<t id="1021506">{7,1023807}(The Void)</t>
in game - Atreus Guppy
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
Image

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:07

Yacek wrote:

Code: Select all

<t id="1021507">{17,10441} {12,101}(Hades Alpha)</t>
in game - Hades Beta

Code: Select all

<t id="1021506">{7,1023807}(The Void)</t>
in game - Atreus Guppy
the first one should be like that. it's just a description error.
there are two hades sectors (beta is somewhere south of valhalla, and alpha is south of Leap of Faith.

the second is way wrong. XRM named Atreus guppy 5-14 but it is not used.
Are you sure you placed the cat file at highest number in the addon dir?

thanks for feedback! :)
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Troubleshooter11
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat, 8. Nov 08, 03:51
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:23

I shall give this mod a try, thanks for making it. :)

EDIT: Might be a good idea to mention if this is compatible with the XRM backgrounds submod or not.

Troubleshooter11
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat, 8. Nov 08, 03:51
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 19:12

A few minor notes.

Atreus Guppy: The description starts off a bit odd: "Lonely asteroid belt..."
I would change it into "This lonely asteroid belt"

Valhalla: This description also starts off a bit odd: "Area beyond this.."
I would change it into "The area beyond this..."

Hero's Memorial: Completely devoid of stations or asteroids. Since this is a Xenon sector, maybe a Xenon station or even a Xenon shipyard would fit lovely in here.

Ice Asteroids: Since XRM adds buildable ice mines, it would be extremely useful to have a few ice mines mixed into these new territories, as the Sol system has only 1-2 ice mines in total.

Other than those tidbits, i already love this mod. I finally got my own private place to colonize as a pure Terran player.

User avatar
Yacek
Posts: 3157
Joined: Wed, 18. Jul 07, 11:44
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 19:18

vukica wrote: there are two hades sectors (beta is somewhere south of valhalla, and alpha is south of Leap of Faith.
That's right. Sorry, my mistake.
vukica wrote: Are you sure you placed the cat file at highest number in the addon dir?
Yes.

PS. New sectors have been added only after starting a new game. On the old savegame (XRM 1.24), does not work.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
Image

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 20:42

Troubleshooter11 wrote:I shall give this mod a try, thanks for making it. :)

EDIT: Might be a good idea to mention if this is compatible with the XRM backgrounds submod or not.
it shouldn't crash, but i can't guarantee that it'll look as intended.
Troubleshooter11 wrote:A few minor notes.

Atreus Guppy: The description starts off a bit odd: "Lonely asteroid belt..."
I would change it into "This lonely asteroid belt"

Valhalla: This description also starts off a bit odd: "Area beyond this.."
I would change it into "The area beyond this..."

Hero's Memorial: Completely devoid of stations or asteroids. Since this is a Xenon sector, maybe a Xenon station or even a Xenon shipyard would fit lovely in here.

Ice Asteroids: Since XRM adds buildable ice mines, it would be extremely useful to have a few ice mines mixed into these new territories, as the Sol system has only 1-2 ice mines in total.

Other than those tidbits, i already love this mod. I finally got my own private place to colonize as a pure Terran player.
Will change descriptions, thank you. my english is rusty... a bit. :D

hero's memorial will get more asteroids. in future release i wll mention it is inteded for the player to use takover script to destroy the xenon in this sector. no xenon stations are needed since xenon spawn by default and flood sectors all the way to light of hope.

will add large amounts of ice asteroids to Leap of Faith, Hero's Memorial and Hope's Nemesis.
Yacek wrote:New sectors have been added only after starting a new game. On the old savegame (XRM 1.24), does not work.
works for me. i'll look into it further.
Could you please list the mods you are using and cat file orded?

thank you all for feedback!
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

User avatar
Yacek
Posts: 3157
Joined: Wed, 18. Jul 07, 11:44
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 21:16

vukica wrote: works for me. i'll look into it further.
Could you please list the mods you are using and cat file orded?
04.cat/dat - XRM PART 1
05.cat/dat - XRM PART 2
06.cat/dat - XRM Backgrounds Pack v1.01
07.cat/dat - Hull Multiplying Pack - MEDIUM
08.cat/dat - Lost Colony.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
Image

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 21:23

Yacek wrote:
vukica wrote: works for me. i'll look into it further.
Could you please list the mods you are using and cat file orded?
04.cat/dat - XRM PART 1
05.cat/dat - XRM PART 2
06.cat/dat - XRM Backgrounds Pack v1.01
07.cat/dat - Hull Multiplying Pack - MEDIUM
08.cat/dat - Lost Colony.
ok... that really doesn't make sense. :D

i've tried everythig short of voodoo but it worked every time :?

EDIT:
could you do this please?

delete lost colony files, load save game from before. reveal all sectors and verify lost colony sectors are NOT there.
save and exit game.
past LC files back.
run from last save, reveal all sectors.

if it doesn't work, then for some reason MD cue is being canceled before it can apply it self.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Troubleshooter11
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat, 8. Nov 08, 03:51
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 23:18

Another little typo found, this time in the description of Leap of Faith.

"it's colonization was withheld after the the Argon war began."

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 23:21

Troubleshooter11 wrote:Another little typo found, this time in the description of Leap of Faith.

"it's colonization was withheld after the the Argon war began."
thanks, fixed :D

will release BETA 2 today.

----------------------------------

ok, all reported issues fixed. thanks for testing and thank you all for feedback!

if nothing major pops up next version will be v1.0 and will be savegame compatible.

@Yacek
i haven't been able to reproduce savegane bug. this could happen if you have an external galaxy map bod file, or you've unpacked XRM files and LoCo files.
Last edited by vukica on Mon, 20. Aug 12, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 18:50

I can confirm LoCo is XRM 1.25 compatible. Just update XRM as you normaly would (don't forget to read release notes!)

here's a hotfix for wrong sector name (Atreus Guppy instead of The Void)
LINK

just paste it int addon/t directory.
use this if the problem persists, otherwise it's unnecessary. (but it won't hurt)

Version 1.0 will be savegame compatible with v0.91 and will bring:
:arrow: modified version of jobs files (vanilla and XRM) to populate new sectors
:arrow: some new sectors
:arrow: profitsssss
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Troubleshooter11
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat, 8. Nov 08, 03:51
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 20:19

LoCo ? Heh...that's a crazy name, man!

*drops the microphone and exits stage left*

User avatar
vukica
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun, 10. Aug 08, 18:05
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 20:30

Troubleshooter11 wrote:LoCo ? Heh...that's a crazy name, man!

*drops the microphone and exits stage left*
LC sounds... numb. boring. dull. stupid. no charachter. no nothing. party pooper. just crap. am i allowed to say crap here? nvm...

it is what it is. Lost Colony expansion.

maybe a little more soon...
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”