[MOD] X3TC - X-tra - Xtended - 2.02a Compatibility (Ships + Stations) - XXCccp FINAL

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dertien
x2

[MOD] X3TC - X-tra - Xtended - 2.02a Compatibility (Ships + Stations) - XXCccp FINAL

Post by dertien » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 01:15

XXCccP - X-tra Xtended Combined Community Compatibility Patch - (For X3TC)

Version: XXCccp 2.02 Stable
--------------------------------

What does this do ?

This patch will marry X-tended 2.02 with Cadius' X-tra ship pack 2.01. English language version only, sorry.

For those who wish to translate to a different language - edit the T/7211-L044.xml from the XXcccp-2.2a.rar file with notepad ++ for example - and press CTRL - F. In the dialog box enter 'cadius' and press find. All the ships and station details will be there if you wish to translate to another language.

- It will also add 2 gamestarts, An Aldrin and a Pirate gamestart.
- It will spawn ships with Norse names in the Aldrin sectors instead of Terrans - some stations were added and some got a different model than the XTC ones. will not spoil the surprise fly around and have a look.

Contents of the package:

All files in the rar file need to be copied over to the root of your X3TC folder. XXCcccp is no longer a Cat/Dat file - just copy / paste the files to the root of your X3TC directory and overwrite when asked.

Important:

- This mod is in no way meant to be sold as payware, it should only cost you download time which will be limited by all standards.
- Although this mod is intended to work exclusively with the X-tended modification for X3TC, it does not contain any .bod and .bob files files from their mod as per their wish.
- This mod is a mod for X3TC and X-tended TC and NOT Albion Prelude, as it works only, and I repeat ONLY with X-tended 2.02. and X3TC.

Acknowledgements and thank you's:

- Egosoft: for making the X3 Series.
- The Xtended team for their superb mod.
- Cadius for his X-tra ship pack.
- Doubleshadow for his X3editor2 (without this as everyone knows mods would not be easily made, nor possible)

Installation:

- Install X3TC
- Patch from 1.01 to 3.2
- Install X-tended 2.0 ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490 ) Cat-Dat 14 / 15
- Install X-tended patch 2.2 ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490 ) Cat-Dat 16
- Install X-tended Hotfix 2.2a ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490 ) copy+overwrite
- Install Cadius ship pack - XTRA ships V4 for XTC 2point2a.zip ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sp2wm ... GDoMMeFdOV ) Cat-Dat 17 copy + overwrite
- Install XXcccp-2.2a.rar ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sp2wm ... GDoMMeFdOV ) overwrite yes to all

Optional

- No more muppets will replace the talking head muppet characters that show up in the windows when you contact a ship or a station with more serious and better looking IMO character avatars
Direct link: see screenshots and download ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yy4sW ... k_J4wWFxE5 ) Copy to your X3TC/Mov folder and overwrite yes.

- Gui Mod by juju1111 : ( https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=326201 ) rename to correct cat/dat
- Larger gates ( https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... GDoMMeFdOV ) rename to correct cat/dat

You are ready to play...

N-joy
Last edited by dertien on Sun, 3. Dec 17, 04:31, edited 10 times in total.

Roninberg

Post by Roninberg » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 10:36

Can you make this available for Albion Prelude Pls?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 10:42

XTC is not compatible with AP so you are pleading to the wrong person :).
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 14:27

And this is a mod I will gladly try, once my non Steam X3TC works again. 8)
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Mon, 27. Aug 12, 13:37

about time somone did this, now i to reinstall X3TC

now we just need CMOD for XTC
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Mon, 27. Aug 12, 18:33

ok i have installed the mod as the instructions say but i am seeing argon shipyards in paranid space selling no ships or stations.

this is from the paranid start (the quest)

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Mon, 27. Aug 12, 23:59

Let me fire up my copy and have a look around paranid space.
Be back soon.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 01:11

Hello Madman,

Well, I can't seem to replicate your problem as I reinstalled X3TC and started a Paranid game in Holy Pathway, flew to a paranid pier (the Xtended one) and at the bottom of the list was the Patroclus for sale.

Screenshots below:

The steps again in short.

- Install X3TC
- Patch from 1.01 to 3.2
- Install Bonus pack if you wish
- Install X-tended 1.2
- Copy the Cadius Cat and Dat file to the root and rename to 16.cat/16.dat
- Copy all scripts and 9953-L044.xml to the correct directories
- Copy my cat/dat xxcccp to the root and rename to 17.cat/dat
- copy file to T folder

(it is highly recommended to use the file in the optional directory too, as it will add Cadius' ships to the XTC patrol spawn scripts)

That is all I can say, if this didn't work for you, I am afraid you are doing something wrong or you have another mod activated.

The last screenshot shows the Patroclus for sale at the paranid pier in Holy Pathway.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nrzpyv.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2nb94rd.jpg

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 06:07

New, final version is there. Have fun.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 10:16

maybe one of the 2 other modsi have installed are doing this, i dont see how thats possable with this mod http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635
or the bounce player owened autopilot fix.

maybe if i install them first and then install XTC, cadius shippack and then your mod.

thanks for your help

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 19:29

Any mod that has a Cat/Dat file with a TDocks or a Tfactories.pck in it will override the Tdocks and Tfactories files in the cat/dat files with earlier numbers. Other files will still be loaded however, giving strange results, not to mention scripted content. Since most Tdocks and Tfactories files are based on the Egosoft one, you have a starting reference point.

This means that to make everything work, you'll have to take both mods apart, which is not that hard actually and take out the pieces that don't fit and reassemble it to another cat/dat file.

- C3 modmanager (unpack the cat/dat files and create new cats and dats) dont drag and drop, but use the extract button.
- X3Editor2 (to edit the Tdocks, Tships and all other files from the Types directory. Keep in mind that it is Types and not types, there is a difference.
- Notepad++ (for editing xml files)
- Respect the file structure
- Putting back files in a cat and dat can be done with drag and drop.
- a shortcut for your game exe with the -skipintro option added at the end ("C:\Spacegames\X3 Terran Conflict\X3TC.exe" -skipintro) Left click ->options and add it to the end of the first line.
- A start and gamestarts xml file, there are plenty around your cat/dat files, I would use the one from extended as a basis, I think it is in cat/dat 14.
- A map of x-tended with sector numbers so you can start your game in the sector.

- If you look at the changelog.txt file in my download, you will see the different files I changed and based on that, open them up and create your own.

No scripting knowledge is required, just a good eye and focus.

Hope this helps

Dertien

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 03:50

now works with XTC 2.2a for X3TC (Not Albion Prelude)

sajjukar
x3ap

Post by sajjukar » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 00:01

Hello dertien,

I have recently tried to install this mode over XTC AP.
XTC AP is now working (well since the hofix in 2013)
I have no issues playing the base XTC AP mod, its just fine.

Installed the Xtra ships you posted and I have the following issues:
- a Mamoth is sold at split shipyards (have not checked any other race but I think it might also be there)
- the M6 Achinonyx introduced with 2.0 TC patch is UNASSIGNED , this also was an issue on the XTC TC

I have fixed the M6 Acinonyx by copy-pasting the Tship line from the main XTC Tships and created a new name for it along with the 17 page entry and a setup script to load the new name (Achinonyx prototype)

The main issue that I am seeing after doing this
- Fighter drones deployed as laser towers ?
- Teladi Comerce flying an Aran ?!?
- more ????

Can you tell me what to do in order to make the Xtra pack compatible with AP ?

AP does offer two main advantages:
- Bigger map, once you go AP map you never go back
- Better OOS combat
- In AP you wont get LAGG swarmed do death by Mosquito missiles
yvy

sajjukar
x3ap

Post by sajjukar » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 00:03

I forced myself learning everything from scratch
- I have little to no experience modding X3
- No Idea how to code
- took me 1 week to fix the Achinonyx M6 (TShip, Wares, Page 17 Name, Setup Script for loading the Page 17 Description)

Once thing that I did and this might have been the issue
- I copy pasted the M6 from a good TShip file
- Pasted it in the TShip file you provided
- When pasted I pasted in between the lines

Was it better to select "paste at the end"? instead ?
yvy

sajjukar
x3ap

Post by sajjukar » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 22:01

Actually I made it working.

Did not have any cheat pack installed, so atm I need to grind rep with the Split to buy the Achinonyx to test it.....nearly there,
AI Achinonyx appears to only have one barrel, this might be an issue or it simply has nothing mounted on slot 6 which will cause all weapons to appear as invisible.

Other thing that I noticed and this might not be tied to merging AP and XTC and Xtra
All new ships (atf so far) have the turrets set to every weapon in the X Universe
This is not a big issue, ATF will not fit any other weaps than ATF.
Its kinda nice that you can fit EVERYTHING.
But dont imagine that an M5 with a turet can equip and fire a Flack Cannon, it simply does not have the cargo space or power to use it.

Main issue with fighter drones acting like a Laser Tower was fixed
This was caused because I inserted the line in Tships rather than pasting at the end.

If ANYONE is looking for a FIX for the Achinonyx missing guns, please leave a reply and I will upload the files.
To fix it you will need to correct:
- TShips
- Universe - Wares
- create a T file for the new name (cant use the existing one because of the M7 Achinonyx)
- create setup. script using the Script editor within the game, to let it know to read the new T file, so the name of the Achinonyx wont be READ_123123
yvy

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”