[X3TC] Boarding Deca second time

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tesier
x4

[X3TC] Boarding Deca second time

Post by tesier » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 04:48

I just boarded #deca and as soon as my 3 surviving marines hacked the core control was transferred to Terrans.
I read that I can cap it later at any time, but my deca has destenation: Aldrin Ship Production Base.
Does it matter or should I hurry?
I don't want it to permanently sit in the shipyard like all Terran MMBS.

--Edit

Is it ok to board Tyr in Aldrin? I don't want to mess up the plot or sth :)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 06:42

No, I don't think there's any need to hurry. I went to Aldrin days after completing the plot and the #Decca was still there. As for the Tyrs, I'm not quite sure how long they stay in Aldrin. To be safe, I'd finish the plot (you only have one more mission to do for completion), then go back to Aldrin and seek out the Tyrs. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 16:44

Coreblimey wrote:No, I don't think there's any need to hurry. I went to Aldrin days after completing the plot and the #Decca was still there. As for the Tyrs, I'm not quite sure how long they stay in Aldrin. To be safe, I'd finish the plot (you only have one more mission to do for completion), then go back to Aldrin and seek out the Tyrs. :)
If you mean the #deca during the 1st Aldrin mission, then your only chance is when you first boarded it, because after that, it becomes invulnerable, non-boardable. Basically, you send in 2 waves of marines, a first wave with low fighting skills, and a second wave when the first wave reaches the 4th deck (or so, depend on how far your M7M is from the #deca). The timing window is pretty narrow, so you have to rely on save & reload.

tesier
x4

Post by tesier » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 17:14

My deca is pretty vulnerable. It's sitting with 54% hull because it got hit by few maml rounds after terrains got it.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 17:16

tesier wrote:My deca is pretty vulnerable. It's sitting with 54% hull because it got hit by few maml rounds after terrains got it.
I wrote "Invulnerable, non-boardable", in the sense that once you issue the boarding order, it says "You must honor convention" or something like that. If I remember it correctly, you have agreed to help the Aldrian recover the #deca, so the mission engine does not allow you to board it a second time.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 17:23

The #decca is only invulnerable during the boarding mission, ie the hull never falls below 93%. Once the mission boarding is complete and the #decca becomes Terran property, that part of the mission is over and the #decca becomes just another ship, available for capture through boarding. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

tesier
x4

Post by tesier » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 01:37

Yeah I can start boarding any time. Ship got nothing but cargo life support and seta yet it managed to kill 10 4-5* marines on deck one lol. Ill try with 20 5-4* when I can :D

Tyr in Aldrin is not available for boarding.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 01:48

Are you sure it never had any marines still aboard from the original mission?

tesier
x4

Post by tesier » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 03:27

It has my 3 original marines. 0* in fighting and like 5* in mechanic.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”