Argon Bounty Hunter flying strange ship

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Andyrids
x3tc

Argon Bounty Hunter flying strange ship

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 07:45

Playing the bankrupt assassin start in AP, mods are pirate guild, SCS, MARS

Now I know with that start I get the odd pirate bounty hunter to start with that hunt me down mostly flying m5's and I also know that in pirate guild mod there is the option to enable bounty hunters...

What happened is I am member of pirate guild but have not done any missions for them as yet, the other pirates related to the game start have all but stopped now... so I'm in OL war sector waiting for a couple of capped ships to dock at the shipyard when through the west gate what had the same icon as an M5 and the name Argon Bounty Hunter flew in and quickly shot down my capped ships, however when I got up to the thing it was no M5 ! ... it was roughly the size of an M6 and looked like a cross between a Terran & Boron type ship with a fancy paint job, however the strangest thing is it had (far as I recall) 4x turrets 2x were missiles only 1 of them in the rear and a bank of main guns with a wide weapons loadout, Betty only verbose the ship as being "XL" it fired a few salvos of missiles at me and I was dead before I could study it anymore...

With Pirate guild I have seen Boron, Argon etc named bounty hunters but never in a "custom" ship like this before they are usually Centaur's or similar.

What the hell was it? ... never seen a ship with that turret set up before or even one that looks like it ? .... Only ship mod I have installed is one of my own and is a Blastclaw variant...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 07:51

This aint no XRM ship? It would be much easier for us if could post a screenshot of this ship.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 08:01

I do not have XRM installed or any other total conversion mod.... I know SCS has custom version of the Aran and tuned up versions of the Hyperion and Mistral but nothing like this...

I was dead before even thought of a screenshot and then after a reload from a previous sector I could not get the thing to spawn again...

The bulk of it looked like the Albion Pride but with a "fish like tail" for want of a better description... And no I was not drinking or smoking any space weed at the time lol

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 13:01

Maybe you installed Mars after SCS ?
So you have the wrong tships and maybe the engine wanted to use one of the missing ships for your bounty hunter.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 14:32

Actually I did install MARS after SCS... But far as I know SCS does not use a custom tships file the ships it creates get scripted in on the fly (if that is how I understand it)

I'm also using the Plugin Manager and that creates a virtual tships in order to merge ships and compatibility at least I think it does lol

If the ship the game was wanting to use with a custom one that was not there, would it not just use a different one or simply crash rather than concoct up a hybrid of something ?

Having said that it would explain the mix of missile and gun turrets and the quantity of them but what about the hybrid ship model ? where did it get that from and also the turrets were working coz the damn thing was firing at me and then started throwing a salvo of thunderbolt missiles... all very strange...

Reloaded that save prior to again and playing the game now trying to recreate steps and tempt it to spawn again... second attempt at trying this...

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 14:48

did it look like this....

http://www.elite-games.ru/images/x3tc/s ... sargon.jpg

if so it is a ship which was used in reunion and is hidden in the game files. pirates guild however has the ability to spawn this ship for its random npcs.

edit ok im not allowed to use this link because itr has elite .... - games.ru in the link lol
Last edited by dougeye on Fri, 10. Aug 12, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 14:49

It's really strange.
I don't know, what else you can try.
Good luck !

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 14:50

just a guess but i think you may have seen the military transport (i think thats what its called)
the model is a leftover from X3r, you sit i a turret in the 2nd or 3rd plot mission
will look for a pic to confirm
Edit:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=106437
the first pic in first post
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 15:27

Defiantly not the one at games ru ....

BUT ! http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46 ... rt2vj.jpg/

Yes that is from memory a 90% match for it, I don't recall the little side wings and the rear little wings where shorter, fatter and horizontal...could have been just the angle I was flying alongside it though... give it a colourful Pirate paint job and what with the text in that post... This has to be the ship ! .... though despite what was posted this model looked as good as the other regular ship models in game and the turrets obviously worked since it was firing allsorts at me...

So since it does exist it has to be in the tships file ? or at least a redundant variant with same skin maybe ? ... Why... coz I want one now ! LOL

Nice work work guys thanks !

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 17:07

Curiosity got the better of me over patience.... So I installed the cheat pack and spawned "Military Transport" yes that's the ship... paint job not as fancy as I thought guess it must have been the hazard stripes...

Also cheated a load of missiles into the freight and fly it about for a bit nuking things until 3 cap ships in Asteroid Belt eventually took it out, crazy little ship that fires missiles faster than s**t though a trumpet ! pretty good at killing fighters quick also, don't know how good it would be OOS in the AI's hands, probably useless and get nuked right away...

I guess the only sort of legit way to get one is either wait for Pirate Guild to possibly spawn another or cheat one in myself and try and cap it lol

Anyway mystery solved 100%, thanks again guys.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”