Request for Egosoft regarding Factories sold at shipyards

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PDouma39
xr

Request for Egosoft regarding Factories sold at shipyards

Post by PDouma39 » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 13:34

Hello, I would like to request something to have back in Albion Prelude which was available in X3 Terran Conflict, namely the factories that were sold at shipyards which are now not available anymore in Albion Prelude?
Could you perhaps be so kind to bring them back at some shipyards in the X-Universe? For example the Ice Harvesting Facility at Terran shipyards, because at the Megnir shipyard you can buy now the Water Purification Plant, but not an Ice Harvesting Facility.
And I cannot find some other factories as well, who were being sold at shipyards in X3 Terran Conflict. Perhaps this is something which is meant to be in Alpion Prelude, but the missing of some factories like a mine would be strange in my opinion, especially as they do exist in AP, but just not being sold anymore.
Perhaps you would be so kind to bring them 'back' so to speak in a possible next update/patch? Thanx for all the hard work.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 14:18

What factories specifically were sold in TC but not in AP?

Ice harvesting facilities were not buyable in TC either. But I see your point, that is odd that you can buy the water purification factory but not the ice harvesting one.

khemeher

Post by khemeher » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 14:33

Not all the factories / stations in game are available for purchase.

However, they do exist.....so it is possible to add them to a shipyard for purchase if you have the editor.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 14:50

In vanilla you can try to capture a station kit being carried in a Mobile Mining Base Ship TL on its way to the site where a previous Ice Mine happened to have a 'little accident' and needs replacing. I'm not 100% sure you can do that for that specific station as NPCs replacing mines don't need an asteroid as such so can be fairly flexible about where to put them - but it may be worth a try.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 16:15

Wait, what?! Ice mines are gone? :o
WHY?!

It makes no sense! I need to check what other stations have been removed. This could seriously kill my new Terran start. The first station I wanted to build was an Ice Mine... :cry:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 16:56

Ahem. As Sinxar said above, they were never available in vanilla X3TC either so they are not 'gone' or 'removed'. All vanilla X3AP has done is to allow even more Terran Shipyards to sell more-readily available Terran stations to the Player than was the case in X3TC.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 17:35

Huh... I thought ice mines were available in TC. I did all the plots, including the Aldrin missions, but I haven't built any terran stations in the game, only CW. That must be why I never directly checked what factories were sold at all. It just seemed straightforward that an Ice Mine would be available since, you know, all terran stations need water... :sceptic:

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't really prudent...

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 17:54

The only way to own Ice mines (and water purification plants) in X3TC was by capturing the Mobile Mining base shiop that carried one to the constructionsite. This is how I got my Icemine in X3TC. (Extra note, while all NPC Terran fabs need water, the player bought Terran factores didn't need it)

You can indeed buy Water Purification plants now in X3AP. Use these to stimulate the AI in building additional icemines & if you like, capture one when it's being transported in a MMBS.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 18:02

I see, well guess it's time to go enjoy the life of a Pirate:)(in game that is), thanx

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 19:49

Starlight_Corporation wrote:...
You can indeed buy Water Purification plants now in X3AP. Use these to stimulate the AI in building additional icemines & if you like, capture one when it's being transported in a MMBS.
Alternatively, one could also set up a mobile mining operation for ice, bypassing the whole need for ice mine thing. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 20:15

i would like to see more stations, a pirate shipyard where you could buy Pirate fighters and caps. perhaps even selling the IBL and PBG fabs, then to top them up add things like weed/booze and required stations.

as for the Terrans, things that is more urgently needed is things like Ammo fabs, and the few missile variants thats not available, as well as perhaps a marine barracks for NPC only. even as an Argon player its hard enough to equip Terran ships without exploits and so on without not being able to produce the weapons or require amo yourself.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 05:17

Yeah, the ice mining thing by mobile mining could work, but don't the command's only work for ore, silicon and nividium? I will try this one out, thanx Nanook

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 08:07

PDouma39 wrote:Yeah, the ice mining thing by mobile mining could work, but don't the command's only work for ore, silicon and nividium? I will try this one out, thanx Nanook
There never was a command for nividium :roll:
But if it Ice doesn't appear as a minable mineral once you destroyed the asteroid, you CAN use the method like with nividium.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 11:37

In vanilla you can tell it to mobile mine for ice, but as said above not for nividium.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”