[Script] Script to unlock stock exchange

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jaga_Telesin
x4

[Script] Script to unlock stock exchange

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 21:28

After a quick attempt to resolve some bug(s) over in tech support without success, I'm posting here in the hopes that someone would take a small amount of time to code a short script.

Many people both with vanilla games, and with modified games, have had and are having trouble getting stock exchanges to unlock. What would be nice is a script that can target an in-sector exchange and simply trigger access to it.

==============================

Update: Thanks to UberWaffe the script works and is amazingly simple. For those people who aren't scripters and don't know how to create scripts in-game, I'm making the Exchange Unlock script available for download.

AP_Unlock_Exchange.zip

Drop in your addons/scripts folder, enable the script editor in-game (rename pilot to Thereshallbewings), then start up the script editor via a ship's command console and 'r'un the "menu.unlock.exchange" script. You should be in-sector with the Exchange to unlock, having it targeted is recommended. Enabling the script editor will mark your game as *modified*, fair warning.
Last edited by Jaga_Telesin on Wed, 18. Jul 12, 01:22, edited 2 times in total.

UberWaffe
x3ap

Post by UberWaffe » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 07:19

Here you go:

Code: Select all

[THIS] -> set stock exchange unlock state: [TRUE]
return null
That is literally it.
If you run the script, and it asks you where to run it from, just select the stock exchange you want.

The script needs no parameters.

This command:
"<RefObj> -> set stock exchange unlock state: <Var/Boolean>"
can be found under
[Trade Commands] -> [Stock Exchange]
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice... but in practice there is.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 09:02

Thanks UberWaffe, I'll give it a shot tomorrow on my day off (b-day). Just spent four hours waiting on the Argon Exchange to unlock after starting a new factory, to no avail. :)

UberWaffe
x3ap

Post by UberWaffe » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 12:18

[OT]
Jaga_Telesin wrote:I'll give it a shot tomorrow on my day off (b-day).
Happy, b-day. :)
[/OT]
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice... but in practice there is.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 00:54

Worked like a charm, thank you for digging up the command out of the script editor UberWaffe.

And ty for the b-day wishes!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”