Satellites Mods Query

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Calgor Grim
x4

Satellites Mods Query

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 13:43

Greetings chaps and chappettes on the modding forums.

I'm trying to track down a decent mod to stop my satellites being obliterated by wandering Xenon and Kha'ak...and eventually when I declare war on them because I hate Zyarths Dominion being near my command base, Split.

Now there are multiple approaches for this, I know there are several mods which auto redeploy the network if one goes down, which is an interesting approach if not time consuming and relies on me replacing the scout ship when that inevitably flies into an M7. I'm also aware of one which spoofs enemy sensors for a set number of tries. Good but it still relies on me needing to replace them.

My question therefore is this, what in your opinions, is the best approach to keep a sat network working, replacing downed satellies with mods or keeping them safe/hidden? I do know that there are several mods and can use a search, the purpose is for an opinion poll of what mods work.

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 19:26

If you place them well above the ecliptic, they'll probably be safe enough most the time, but I don't know if that's for sure. It kinda depends on how far away the AI is willing to target something. I know they'll come after the player from the other side of the sector.

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 19:46

Problem is that by placing them above the Ecliptic then it means you don't see an awful lot in system, however trading system extension would still work. Other option would be to edit the Globals file...

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 19:56

The Salvage Command Suite has a "Deploy Stealth Satellite" command, though I'm not sure how it works exactly.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 19:59

I haven't played with it much yet, but Lucike just updated this: Sat & Lasertower Service to include an english t-file. It is in beta, and I am sure he would like bug reports back on it.

You'll need to run the web page through Translate. They don't mind there if you post on the forum in english. There is yet to be a translator written that doesn't make you cross-eyed trying to read it.. :roll:

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 19:45

Those two are interesting I'll grant you. They are very "Replace broken ones" mind...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 19:51

i think my AL Spy sats works with AP

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=278120

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 20:02

What about TC? :P

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 20:11

Calgor Grim wrote:Problem is that by placing them above the Ecliptic then it means you don't see an awful lot in system, however trading system extension would still work. Other option would be to edit the Globals file...
This problem can be easily addressed by changing Globals and increasing the adv sat range. I did that and I also put 20-50 LTs to guard that satellite. It works well even in Xenon sectors :)

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 22:17

just a thought but as the satellite is classed as a ship would i be possible to create/Mod a military satellite with extra shields and turrets
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 22:41

cattafett wrote:just a thought but as the satellite is classed as a ship would i be possible to create/Mod a military satellite with extra shields and turrets
Oh now thats evil...Im imagining a Satellite with lots of GJ shields and PSPs. That might actually be better. Give it a few GJ shields, fit it with SPARE_LASER 1 and watch it go mental as a complete sector "I win" guard. I'm not clear on mods but would I also have to add it as a new ware type if I wanted to add a new sat type based off that?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”