HUD Question: Fighter-plane-style HUD with ladder?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jaycen_Aelis

HUD Question: Fighter-plane-style HUD with ladder?

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 20:44

All right, I tried to be a good little forumite, and read through the rules, FAQ, and searches before I posted this topic, however, I didn't see any topic that contained my question or an answer thereto, and the general questions thread about HUDs was last-posted-in over a year ago. Since necroposting is frowned upon in pretty much any forum, including this one, I (hopefully correctly) assumed it would be okay if I started a new topic. Therefore, my question is this:

Is it possible to create a mod for the X3 HUD that would display a ladder in a similar vein to modern-day aircraft? It could be implemented along the "plane" that each sector positions many of its stations along, and thus, "zero altitude" could be right on that plane, with positive above and negative below. I find myself getting rapidly disoriented in pitched dogfights, and such an HUD would be a great help. If there is no such mod, however, then I will happily read tutorials to create one myself :) unless such a thing is impossible, of course :P Thanks in advance for your help!
Argon Explorer

zhukov032186

Post by zhukov032186 » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 21:25

/ecliptic projector

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219656

Not quite what you're asking for, but close

Killjaeden

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 02:38

Erm - why complicated? Just use the gravidar ;) You can orient using the Gates as Fix-point. It is quite useful actually, if you know how to use it, it can enhance your combat capabilities alot - as you can also see what the icons don't show you directly, such as relative 3D position of the targets, and most important: missiles

The only "bad" thing (imo) is that it's in the bottom right corner. If you use a cockpit mod it gets way better - because they usually put the gravidar somewhere more visible, and larger -> veery usefull for dogfighting. And it's more immersive with a cockpitmod obviously. "Imp.-" made some very high quality cockpits

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
XTC Mod Team Veteran. My current work:

zhukov032186

Post by zhukov032186 » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 03:27

@Killjaeden

I always thought the vertigo and general sense of confusion was just part of the experience... You mean to tell me I've been doing wrong all this time? :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”