EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

HUD Question: Fighter-plane-style HUD with ladder?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jaycen_Aelis

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 25. Jun 12, 20:44    Post subject: HUD Question: Fighter-plane-style HUD with ladder? Reply with quote Print

All right, I tried to be a good little forumite, and read through the rules, FAQ, and searches before I posted this topic, however, I didn't see any topic that contained my question or an answer thereto, and the general questions thread about HUDs was last-posted-in over a year ago. Since necroposting is frowned upon in pretty much any forum, including this one, I (hopefully correctly) assumed it would be okay if I started a new topic. Therefore, my question is this:

Is it possible to create a mod for the X3 HUD that would display a ladder in a similar vein to modern-day aircraft? It could be implemented along the "plane" that each sector positions many of its stations along, and thus, "zero altitude" could be right on that plane, with positive above and negative below. I find myself getting rapidly disoriented in pitched dogfights, and such an HUD would be a great help. If there is no such mod, however, then I will happily read tutorials to create one myself Smile unless such a thing is impossible, of course Razz Thanks in advance for your help!

zhukov032186

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Jun 12, 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

/ecliptic projector

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219656

Not quite what you're asking for, but close

Killjaeden

PostPosted: Tue, 26. Jun 12, 02:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Erm - why complicated? Just use the gravidar Wink You can orient using the Gates as Fix-point. It is quite useful actually, if you know how to use it, it can enhance your combat capabilities alot - as you can also see what the icons don't show you directly, such as relative 3D position of the targets, and most important: missiles

The only "bad" thing (imo) is that it's in the bottom right corner. If you use a cockpit mod it gets way better - because they usually put the gravidar somewhere more visible, and larger -> veery usefull for dogfighting. And it's more immersive with a cockpitmod obviously. "Imp.-" made some very high quality cockpits

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=262446&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

XTC Mod Team Veteran. My current work:
zhukov032186

PostPosted: Tue, 26. Jun 12, 03:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@Killjaeden

I always thought the vertigo and general sense of confusion was just part of the experience... You mean to tell me I've been doing wrong all this time? Very Happy