[MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 4. Apr 14, 00:15

Cheers.I'll hunt for it. :)

Chyre

Post by Chyre » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 02:37

For some odd reason, the locations of orbital defense stations and orbital patrol bases in certain Terran sectors are randomizing on first entering a sector after starting a new game. Specifically, I have noticed this happen in:
  • Heretic's End
  • Asteroid Belt
  • Jupiter
Is anyone else seeing this? I'm not really sure if it's related to the mod or not.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 09:32

I just trying to use this fantastic mod with my own universe.
Everything works fine, except the stations in war sectors.

Athough in my x3_universe.xml are no war sectors, all stations in the war sectors are doubled or tripled.
Has somebody an idea, what causes this behavior, and how I can fix it?

I installed the TC4AP Mod as false patch 05.CAT/DAT, the only thing I have installed addtionally is Cycows cheat packet and my own x3_universe.xml with no war sectors in the addon/maps folder of the game (not in a CAT)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 10:06

If you start a fresh game, you should not have this problem.
Check back through these pages for more info on this problem.

Basically it was originally trying to add needed station to relevant sectors But this has been sorted,afaik, as I do not have this problem from a fresh start.

However, as you have installed it to an existing game,(some mods don't like that), you are still getting this problem.

I don't know if the author is able to solve this,but my workaround was to use Cycrow's CP to remove the unwanted stations.
All worked well then.

Also there have been some problems installing as false-patch with some players, myself included.
Installing as a mod ,in the mod folder, solves the problems we had.
Problem with doing that is that you can only select one mod at a time in the splash menu before running the game.
If you are already running a mod that way,you have to choose which mod you want to use.

But the advantage of using the splash menu to choose your mod, is that you can still run your vanilla game if you have not altered the game itself.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 10:23

TTD wrote:If you start a fresh game, you should not have this problem.
Check back through these pages for more info on this problem.

Basically it was originally trying to add needed station to relevant sectors But this has been sorted,afaik, as I do not have this problem from a fresh start.

However, as you have installed it to an existing game,(some mods don't like that), you are still getting this problem.

I don't know if the author is able to solve this,but my workaround was to use Cycrow's CP to remove the unwanted stations.
All worked well then.

Also there have been some problems installing as false-patch with some players, myself included.
Installing as a mod ,in the mod folder, solves the problems we had.
Problem with doing that is that you can only select one mod at a time in the splash menu before running the game.
If you are already running a mod that way,you have to choose which mod you want to use.

But the advantage of using the splash menu to choose your mod, is that you can still run your vanilla game if you have not altered the game itself.
Sorry, forget to mention:
For sure, I started a new game after I installed the mod and my universe.

Also I like to mention again, that I would to combine the TC4AP MOD with my own, modded universe - so using the mod folder of the game ist not an option.

But anyway, thanks for the quick reply

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 10:25

there may be a mod conflict then.
This can happen.
So I'd resort to CCP for station removal.
But see note in next post below
Thanks Dillpickle for reminding me.
Last edited by TTD on Wed, 23. Apr 14, 12:56, edited 3 times in total.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 12:45

Stations for the war sectors aren't in the main x3_universe.xml, they're handled by x3_universe_war.xml - which adds the war tracked stations which change depending on who owns the sector, and x3_universe_NOwar.xml which is loaded when the war is stopped (stations from x3_universe_war.xml are destroyed/removed).

If you don't have these map files in your mod then they will use the last available ones and load the info from there - ie TC plots for AP.

Care needs to be taken with the war zone as there are a few plot critical stations for the main TC plot, that could cause issues if added/removed mid game, or the wrong duplicate is removed with the cheat package...

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 14:43

Aldebaran_Prime wrote:[..]I installed the TC4AP Mod as false patch 05.CAT/DAT, the only thing I have installed addtionally is Cycows cheat packet and my own x3_universe.xml with no war sectors in the addon/maps folder of the game (not in a CAT)
There you are.
The game loads files in the following order:
  1. cat/dat files from lowest to highest number, replacing files in low numbered cats with ones from higher numbered if the same file is available in a higher numbered cat/dat
  2. *.pck files in the various subdirectories of "\addon" eventually replacing previously loaded files from cat/dats
  3. *.xml files in the various subdirectories of "\addon" eventually replacing previously loaded files from cat/dats or *.pcks
So, in order to have the game load the TC plots for AP properly, you should extract the universe map from the mod and modify it to your needs to have everything you want, because if you keep it like that, the mod's universe file(s) will be replaced by your own.
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 18:33

Thanks for all your anwers! But as always, it is more complex as you can imagine...

1. My goal is, at the end, to port the TOTT mod to AP and give it to the X-Community -> so modifying a savegame with CCP is NOT an option
2. To understand the behavior of the TC4AP mod I experiment with a virgin AP installation just with TC4AP, CCP and a modified universe MAP (exported from TOTT) as decribend in my first post
3. As I install my modified x3_universe.xml not as pck but as xml directly in the game folder ..addon/maps/ it is definitely loaded as last

4. in the TC4AP CAT there is no x3_universeWAR.xml and no x3_universeNoWar.xml included - so the orginal AP files seems to be used.
5. In the TC4AP CAT there are some other universe files included - 2024_Player_Corp, 2026_Player_Extra1..3, ANH_Map_Argon,Boron,Paranid,Split,Teladi, War_Effort, War_template and a x3_Universe

6. I put ALL this original files (from point 4 and 5 above) in my installation/addon/maps folder and start a new game, for testing the universe, I started CCP and used the function "Show all sectors"

Result -> no double stations in the war sectors

7. I take ONLY my TOTT x3_universe.xml and replace the orginal TC4AP x3_universe.xml and make the same procedure as in point 6.
(the TOTT universe is an extended X3TC universe and was tested sucessfully under AP without TC4AP and has no war sectors in it)

Result -> a lot of double stations (trade, solar plant etc) in the war sectors, but also a lot of Argon Shipyards in all sectors, because TOTT has additional station types which does appear in orignal AP as Argon shipyard.

8. Bring all original TC4AP universe files to my AP TOTT installation (also replaced the TOTT universe with the TC4AP universe and same procedure as in 6.

Result -> no double stations in the war sectors

So my assumption is, that something, (e.g. new station types from TOTT, missing sectors from AP) in the TOTT x3_universe.xml cause crashing the proper initialization of TC4AP, and as a result of it, the x3_universeWar.xml and the x3_universeNoWar.xml is active at the same time and because of this, the stations are doubled

SO My concrete question at this stage: - in which script/job happens this initializsation and activation of the war sectors? is this part of TC4AP or original AP???

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 21:23

My guess is that your universe map file is adding the stations in the war sectors, and they're then getting added by the AP war maps.
Without seeing your map file difficult to tell what is going on.
Aldebaran_Prime wrote:SO My concrete question at this stage: - in which script/job happens this initializsation and activation of the war sectors? is this part of TC4AP or original AP???
The initialisation and activation of the war sectors is mostly hard coded - we had to have an MD action added by ES to enable the war to be turned off.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 23:06

dillpickle wrote:My guess is that your universe map file is adding the stations in the war sectors, and they're then getting added by the AP war maps.
Without seeing your map file difficult to tell what is going on.

The initialisation and activation of the war sectors is mostly hard coded - we had to have an MD action added by ES to enable the war to be turned off.
UUUPPSSS - based on your feedback I checked all universe files again very carefully - and - your are right! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
It seems, that I exchanged yesterday night accidentally the tott-universe without war sectors against the orginal with war sectors and tested with the wrong one :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

SORRY,SORRY,SORRY!!!

Thank you very much for your help and patience! Now I can continue with merging the TC4AP universe with the TOTT universe :roll:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 23:15

if you want a tester,just pm me when ready. This sounds interesting.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 01:25

TTD wrote:if you want a tester,just pm me when ready. This sounds interesting.
thx for your offer, it will be a pleasure.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 12:17

hello, and sorry if this was answered before, too many pages to read.

Is it possible to play AP with these 3 mods installed?

- TC plots for AP 2.2a
- IEX
- XRM

And if yes, can you preety please make a post on what order should i install the files?

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 12:30

You may read the startpost only...

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 17:14

So.. if I install this will the War start right away or I will need to finish all TC plot to Start the Argon-Terran War??

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 21:47

If you make this a fresh install and start from the beginning, you will you will essentially be playing TC with no war-zones. but in a slightly modified AP map.

At some point,the war becomes imminent and you get the chance to stop the war from even starting.
The downside with that is you miss out on, what I consider , the best plot in AP and a good reward ship.

If you decline to stop the war from starting,at the end of the plot just hinted at, you will get a chance to broker peace and end the war.

There is a little overlap with TC/AP.

If you read the first couple of pages of this thread, you should get a general idea of how it works..

My early post here about moving from modded to un-modded and back again,was based on the original version of this mod and may no longer be applicable.Test at your own risk.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 07:38

o0oo0o... so its like that.. I thought that I made a bad install since there is no war when I started the game

last questions..

Do I get to play the AP version of the Hub plot? (TC Hub plot is PITA) or I get to play both??

The same with the PHQ plot?? AP or TC version?? or both and get 2 PHQ??

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 13:19

during my activities to integrate this mod with TOTT4AP I found some differences in the jobs.txt of TC4AP 2.2a which looks like a bug:

In the jobs.txt of TC4AP the "is Invincible" is set for several "normal" jobs - e.g. 6500-6509.
In the jobs.txt which comes with the latest AP3.1 version this flag is not set - which seems to be correct for me.

Also, the jobs.txt of TC4AP ends with job 6551, where the orginal AP version has some more jobs and ends with 7302.

I'm not sure, which modifications were necessary in jobs.txt except the Khaak jobs 1965-1970, but it seems better for me to use the original jobs.txt and add the Khaak jobs by myself - or?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 20:12

Black_hole_suN wrote:o0oo0o... so its like that.. I thought that I made a bad install since there is no war when I started the game

last questions..

Do I get to play the AP version of the Hub plot? (TC Hub plot is PITA) or I get to play both??

The same with the PHQ plot?? AP or TC version?? or both and get 2 PHQ??
In my current playthrough,it was the TC versions,in both cases.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”