View previous topic :: View next topic
Mythrantar

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jun 13, 04:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

OK, something is off then. Here are my test parameters:
- Cleanup time = 10 min
- Max spawned ships = 10
- Ships spawned before cleanup = 10

I waited 12 in-game minutes and ran the log (by the way, it enabled by default). I still got the same amount of spawned ships as before making the changes above. I edited both 7300-L099 and 7300-L044. Am I doing something wrong?

IEX patch for XRM-TCAP AP3.2
IEX patch for XRM-TCAP with LoCo AP3.2
Saturn Complex patch: XRM AP
Saturn Complex patch: XRM AP (PTNI HQ)
DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jun 13, 05:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You only need to edit the -L044 file (assuming that you are playing an English game). The -L089/99 files are just documentation -- they have no function other than to give you a visual reference when you view the folder in Windows Explorer.

The log does not clear itself automatically, so you may be seeing the old ships. There will not be any new ships until one spawns, of course.

Delete the old ships from the log, save, then watch the log for new ships.

Note to self: In the next version, allow the player to force a re-spawn by toggling the AL Plugin Off and On again.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Mythrantar

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jun 13, 05:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There is something off for sure: I had a Ryu spawned in Saturn 3. After changing the settings in the t file, it's still there. Thanks for clarifying about L099 though. Since the contents where exactly the same, I was playing it safe.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jun 13, 05:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mythrantar wrote:
I had a Ryu spawned in Saturn 3. After changing the settings in the t file, it's still there.

That is normal. Cleanups do not happen until after a new spawn. Even then, the cleanups are random, so you never know when your Ryu will vanish.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Mythrantar

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jun 13, 05:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

OK, that makes sense (I thought each respawn wave wiped all previously spawned ships and replaced them with a new set). So, if I want to clean up all the currently spawned ships (25) so I can activate my personal preference (max of 10 ships at a time), what would be the best way?

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jun 13, 07:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
if I want to clean up all the currently spawned ships ... what would be the best way?

Spoiler
Run the script that I linked above (inside spoiler tags). That will put a list of all abandoned ships into the log file. Then go to each and destroy them.

Of course, it will also show all of the vanilla abandoned ships. Hence the spoiler tags.
Spoiler

Or, if you can wait a few days, then I will add a forced-cleanup feature to the next version. I have to do an update soon, anyway, due to Vayde's issue.

Mythrantar

PostPosted: Sun, 23. Jun 13, 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think I ran into a bug, or an interesting cross-reaction with the NPC boarding mod. I had this A.S.S. Ryu floating around for a about 5 in-game days until last night where I found out that it was no longer dormant - I scanned it and saw that it had been boarded by 19 4-star marines (!) and was no longer claimable. Instead, it was merrily flying around in circles around Saturn 3.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Sun, 23. Jun 13, 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Haha! Nice one!

Perhaps the AI is becoming self-aware? Wink

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Wed, 4. Sep 13, 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have a problem with this:

When I try to install this mod (with the pluginmanager). I get a list of things that it can't install, and than nothing happends.

Is there a download that I can use without the pluginmanager, or someone can point out what I am doing wrong?

Kadatherion

PostPosted: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 03:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey Bullwinkle, I just decided to switch from the NPC Bailing Addon to your simpler script in the hope to lessen a bit the strain on my system that became evident after noticing how it skips the Marine Repair cycles when in SETA.

So, I went to browse the libs that actually decide which ships will spawn in the intent to adapt them for XRM (I wanted to add some XRM ships to them, and while there I noticed they indeed need some tweaking, as the different tships makes it select a couple of placeholders here and there, as you can see in the screenshot). I'm a bit puzzled by how the array and relative random number generator is set though; for example:

The array has 22 ships in it, but the random generator to choose which ship to spawn only goes from 0 to 15, aka it should NOT be able to select the ships at the end. Am I wrong? Is there any particular reason it's set up like that (such as if it's being called by some other script that uses the same array and needs it this way)?
I'm asking before I break something unexpected if I add entries to the array without being careful Razz

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 04:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It appears that I truncated the list intentionally. Perhaps because several of the ships were already on the list, and I didn't want to double the odds of selecting those. *Shrug*.... don't overthink it. You can fiddle with the odds as you prefer.
    (and, yes, you are reading it correctly)

It did occur to me that it is possible to make ASS work with any mod. If I ever come back to the X-Verse, then doing that is already on my To-Do list.

Kadatherion

PostPosted: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 04:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Then you might want to have a look at it: most of the libs are "truncated" this way, even those that indeed would be adding new AP ships. For instance, you added the new TP+ (Phantom, Lance, etc) to the TP array, but the random number is still capped at the old value, thus it's ignoring all your work... Razz

In the meanwhile, while waiting for your input I indeed added the XRM ships, corrected those (very few) wrong entries due to the different tships, and adapted the random generator in all libs. I've only added M6/7/2/1/0 and TLs though, as I don't really care about fighters at the point I'm in the game right now, I'd just sell or scrap them all anyway.

Should you want to offer an XRM "compatibility" patch, though, let me know: I could add the remaining classes too and upload the libs.
Not that it's really needed, there where no more than 3 or 4 rogue entries in total, so it's highly unlikely they'd spawn, and they'd be harmless anyway.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 05:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Kadatherion wrote:
Not that it's really needed, there where no more than 3 or 4 rogue entries in total, so it's highly unlikely they'd spawn, and they'd be harmless anyway.

That is good news for players who want to use ASS-AP with XRM. Thank you for the report.

As for the lists, I will say again that I made them the way they are intentionally.

While I see some value in making ASS work with any mod, I don't care specifically about XRM, one way or the other. If you want to post an XRM patch, that's fine by me, but don't do it *for* me because I don't play XRM.

Kadatherion

PostPosted: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 05:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

DrBullwinkle wrote:

While I see some value in making ASS work with any mod, I don't care specifically about XRM, one way or the other. If you want to post an XRM patch, that's fine by me, but don't do it *for* me because I don't play XRM.

Ok, no prob then, I'll keep it as the usual private "hack". I wouldn't be able to guarantee long term support anyway in case I slipped a typo in or if a future XRM update breaks something (this week I'm playing, next week who knows), and if you don't use XRM you can't for sure be bothered with possible bug reports coming from people who use a different version. Wink

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Sat, 30. Nov 13, 05:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah, I think the real long-term solution is to make it work independently of mods.
    I may get around to doing that someday, but don't hold your breath. Wink