EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Marine Repairs and Training [TC][AP][ALP]
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
DrBullwinkle

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 7. Feb 16, 01:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You probably have discovered the answer already: Wait a bit.

Placing the wares in cargo is the only thing you have to do. The marines will collect them when they are ready, which will be on the next training cycle.

You may have to wait as long as an hour, and you may have to have enough credits in your account for a training cycle to occur.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Black_hole_suN

PostPosted: Mon, 8. Feb 16, 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

How do I uninstall this mod if I did not use PluginManager to install it? (don't worry I like you mod but I just want to uninstall it because I'm testing out some stuff)

Will it mess up my game since it is a Artificial Life mod?

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Mon, 8. Feb 16, 09:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Black_hole_suN wrote:
How do I uninstall this mod?

Will it mess up my game since it is a Artificial Life mod?

Turn off MRT in the Artificial Life settings.

Wait one minute.

Remove the files (specifically: addon\scripts\al.plugin.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.xml).

If turned off and removed, then MRT will no longer have any affect on your saved game.

Of course, for testing purposes, all you really need to do is to turn MRT off. No need to uninstall it.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
Black_hole_suN

PostPosted: Mon, 8. Feb 16, 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you!

mercury46

PostPosted: Fri, 15. Apr 16, 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

this might be unrelated.

where can i edit marine's number on a ship ?
i just cant find it on x editor

edit: other than changing its class

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 15. Apr 16, 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ship class is the only way. Marine capacity is fixed by class.

You can, of course, change your Hyperion Vanguard into a TP, for example. That would change marine capacity from 8 to 40 (in AP).

TP's cannot be carriers. So, in our Hyperion example, you would give up the ability to dock two fighters.

Hope that helps.

mercury46

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Apr 16, 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

uh.. but can i change a class's marine limit?
things like m6 to 10 marine

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Apr 16, 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

No, you cannot do that.

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton
TomRobinson

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Apr 16, 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey DrBullwinkle,

any idea whether this is compatible with anarkis defence systems as they both handle marine repairs?

I had a quick look with google but no obvious answers.

Cheers,

Tom

avilonrayne

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Jun 16, 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

While I'm loving this mod, why did you choose to use an illegal ware as the placeholder? It makes the marines very difficult to use outside of pirate/unknown/xenon space. If I don't remember to eject the slaves immediately after they spawn, I risk getting scanned before the marines are done repairing something. I've even gotten shot a few times by having SETA on while sending out the marines!

Is there any way to change or remove the placeholder ware? Alternatively, is there a way to make slaves legal?

I'm using the mod in both LU and XRM (two different install folders!)

adriancos

PostPosted: Tue, 28. Jun 16, 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

is there a possibility that instead of specifying repair cost per hull point in the xml file, to call in the script the following info: ship price (new from shipyard) divided by some amount?

i would like to adjust that a full repair to be around 90% of the new ship cost, but strictly in relation to the new ship cost

$repair.cost.per.hull.point = read text: page=$PageID id=304

does anyone know how can i call this in the script? if it is possible if course...

SirNukes

PostPosted: Sun, 3. Jul 16, 03:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Loving the mod, but I ran into a bug with station repairs (specifically, that they don't work) after some Terrans got angry over my Goner booze complex.

I took a couple hours to go through the scripts and traced down the bug. In al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.station.xml at line 62, you have:
Code:
$repair.cost = $mothership->call script 'al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.cost' : target=$mothership  target.hull.current=$mothership.hull.current  target.hull.set=$mothership.hull.set

However, mothership.hull.set is unitialized at this point (it is not written until line 75). In the .cost script, it checks this input and returns 0 if there is a problem:
Code:
if not $target.hull.set
  return 0
end

The .station script then checks the repair cost, sees that it is 0, and skips doing repairs. At a glance, the .docked.at.hub script (for repairing hub substations) has the same bug at line 71.

The quick fix I applied is to move up the hull.set variable writes to before the .cost script call, in the .station script and .docked.at.hub script respectively:
Code:
$mothership.hull.set = $mothership.hull.current + ( $effectiveness * $c.station.effectiveness.multiplier )
$repair.cost = $mothership->call script 'al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.cost' : target=$mothership  target.hull.current=$mothership.hull.current  target.hull.set=$mothership.hull.set

Code:
$station.hull.set = $station.hull.current + ( $effectiveness * $c.station.effectiveness.multiplier )
$repair.cost = $station->call script 'al.Bw.MarineRepairsAndTraining.cost' : target=$station  target.hull.current=$station.hull.current  target.hull.set=$station.hull.set

Malaras

PostPosted: Tue, 16. Aug 16, 09:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hello, Haven't played x3ap for long while till recently, Was curious what ship(s) i could use that can dock any where to repair stations? I bought a ceberous(sp) but it cant seem to dock at solar plant. More marines the better that the ship can hold.

Thanks much.

SirNukes

PostPosted: Mon, 3. Oct 16, 04:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Personnel transports (TP) work well, holding 40 marines each and having a built in cargo life support system. Corvettes (M6) can dock most of the same places as a TP, though they hold only 8 marines.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Tue, 4. Oct 16, 04:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Apologies to several of you. Apparently the board stopped sending me notices of new posts in the thread. Hopefully just temporarily. Catching up...

TomRobinson wrote:
any idea whether this is compatible with anarkis defence systems as they both handle marine repairs?

Sure, Tom. Many players use both.

avilonrayne wrote:
While I'm loving this mod, why did you choose to use an illegal ware as the placeholder? ... Is there any way to change or remove the placeholder ware? Alternatively, is there a way to make slaves legal?

I never really thought of slaves as being illegal, although you are certainly correct that they are. Yes, you could change the ware with the script editor. There is no way to make slaves legal.

Another solution is to not use SETA while marines are on an op. The odds of you being scanned during a boarding op are tiny, and you will have more to worry about from the cops than contraband when you complete the op.

Likewise, the odds of your being scanned during a spacewalk repair seem small, as well.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your report and will fix it in the next version. Thank you.

adriancos wrote:
is there a possibility that instead of specifying repair cost per hull point in the xml file, to call in the script the following info: ship price (new from shipyard) divided by some amount?

Yes, I have a similar change planned for the next version. Will be based on repair cost at a nearby station rather than ship cost, although the results should be similar.

Specifically, I intend to replace the cost system in the main code with the cost system from spacewalk repairs, which does a more accurate job of costing.

SirNukes wrote:
Loving the mod, but I ran into a bug with station repairs (specifically, that they don't work)

Good catch, SirNukes. Thanks for tracking down the bug (and fixing it!). I will add your change in the next version, with thanks to you.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next