Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 19:40

Miners automatically unload at Homebase, then continue mining. Homebase can be a TL, although it does not have to be a TL in MM Mk2.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 19:51

Ah doesn't have anything to do with your script then because the game itself doesn't allow homebasing ships other than fighters to a TL...
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 20:07

Sure it does.

Homebase the entire wing to the TL.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 06:52

Well, seems like I lost my mind somewhere along the road, of course you're right again. Homebasing to the TL works...

What have I tried to do yesterday when it didn't? :lol:

And no, I wasn't drunk yesterday. Not that I could remember... ^^
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 14:07

Some ships cannot be homebased individually, but can be homebased if you make them part of a wing. They will retain the homebase even if you remove them from the wing.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 19:07

Never tried home basing a miner to my ore mine. However tried this over the last few days. After getting his orders to mine minerals, Ore for the ore mine, he trundles off fills up then returns to the mine and just waits. No unload and continue, I had to restart him.

This is an AP 3.0 game with only 4 additional scripts Mobile mining Mk2, Improved boarding, ASS and Mission briefing fix.

He's currently on another run through CBSE where I have a single ore mine, he has all of the prerequisites required and is home based there. The mine was only 12% full when he docked.

Any idea's DrB?
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 19:17

Why would you deliver minerals *to* a mine? :?

Try homebasing to a factory or complex that consumes the mineral that you are mining.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 22:04

Guess he wants his other tradeships assigned to the Ore Mine to automatically sell the (additional) Ore - no need for another CLS ship that way..?

But yes, hauling the collected minerals to a factory that actually needs them would make some more sense..

Tried setting up a wing to mine stuff again - works now.. seriously, I have no idea what I've done wrong in the first place :D

[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 22:06

I am glad you got it working, IdleKing.

@Vayde: If you set up a complex with a mine and at least one factory that consumes the mineral that you want to mine, then your idea should work.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 22:50

Like IdleKing said, I clear the small rocks in the sector and store the ore in my ore mine for another trader to sell. L sized Ore mines hold a lot of excess ore.

If a mobile miner with a TL as a home base can unload then continue on, I may need cls software and another ship to empty my miner and unload at the mine.

On the other hand, it takes almost a game day for the miner to get full and then dock, I'll just set it to notify me when order is complete and then unload manually.
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 23:13

Or make a complex and be happy. :)

(As a bonus, you can then use Advanced Complex hub and the TL will be able to dock.)

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 19:18

Using X3TC

I've been having some major problems with this mod as of recently. I don't remember it being this way but I'm not 100% certain. Tonight I'm going to try re-installing it, see if that helps. But I'm experiencing what some others have stated. My miners will go for repair then after repaired will just sit in a point in space in the system the shipyard is in.

I don't recall this happening when I was over in Aladna Hill mining ore, it would repair in Light of Heart. Well since moving over to Ore Belt and now mining Silicon now they travel over to Cloudbase South East and will sit in a couple of different points in space unwilling to go back to work in Ore Belt. Now I did try switching it to Ore vs Silicon but it didn't matter they still sat for either or.

I've hacked a couple scripts together in the past but I'm not a programmer by any means. I tried going into the script debugger for when individual ships do it, to see if I could make any sense of it. I was hoping there was some way to spit it out to a dump file but doesn't look to be an option for that. I did make a copy of the saved game where it was happening. I could possibly upload that but man I'm running over 22 different scripts or mods. I'm thinking something is conflicting . I just don't know where to look or what to try and get rid of.

I also wonder if it's cause I'm not going the standard route of using Falcon's ect. I'm using 20 Vulture's, and busted up asteroids myself. But that can't be the case because they worked fine when over in Aladna Hill. It has to be a conflict. But then again I also have 3 individual miners that drop off at stations in Clarity's End they never have any problems, they are miner ships as well. Could it be something in that particular area? I've seen Cloudbase South East mentioned in similar posts in this thread.

After I re-install tonight, if they still get stuck in that same area I may relocate the mining Op to Herrons Nebula so they repair at Argon Prime. I don't want to give up on this script.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 19:29

shabitz wrote:My miners will go for repair then after repaired will just sit in a point in space in the system the shipyard is in.
Is the repair station in a different system than where they are mining? I might have to test that case. Thanks for the report, shabitz.

EDIT: Falcon Haulers will repair at "homebase" which can be a TL in the same system as the miners. That is the way that I usually manage them.

(While you can homebase the Vultures to a TL (by putting them into a wing), they cannot dock at the TL, so they will never repair there.)

Yeah, the debugger is challenging, at best. I only know one developer who actually uses it much.

Regarding installation, Mobile Mining Mk2 is based on the vanilla mining scripts, so it is possible for a Steam update to mess it up. The solution is to reinstall Mobile Mining Mk2. You do not need to uninstall first, just reinstall over the top of the old installation.

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 19:43

Is the repair station in a different system than where they are mining? I might have to test that case. Thanks for the report, shabitz.
Yes they are mining in Ore belt and dumping into a TL , Mobile Mining Base-Ship , which I made stationary. When I set it to mine also it seemed to be slowing the other ships down less for them to consume perhaps? Not sure.

When damaged, and it is often due to the lower shields, they head for the Shipyard over in Cloudbase South East.

I can load my prior save upto my site if you think it will be of any help. I'm just thinking if your loaded with different scripts than I am you may not reproduce the problem. I guess I could also zip up my scripts and t folder upload them as well.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 19:46

I think I have already answered your questions and noted your report. I even gave you a workaround. So, thanks.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 20:54

Another workaround would be to use an Aran (or one of the other ships that can dock a TS) as your homebase for the Vultures. That way you could use Marine Repairs and Training to do the repairs in the field.

(Vultures are not great for mining due to their weak shields. The "Vulcan Miner" is sort of a joke. But, with MM Mk2, they should work well enough.)

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 04:09

how about sending the player a message and/or changing the name of the homebase ship when its cargo hold is getting full? this would be helpful for nividium trading where you have to manually buy a ship, load it up with the stuff and sell the ship back.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 04:44

Good idea.

Personally, I just sell Nvidium from my PHQ. Traders will sell it over time -- at a higher price than you get at a shipyard.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 05:14

i always thought nividium market is so small that it can be considered non-existent. has this changed in AP?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 05:36

Urban legend.

It was never true -- not in TC or AP, AFAIK.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”