X3TC/AP Super Carrier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nankura
x3tc

X3TC/AP Super Carrier

Post by nankura » Tue, 22. May 12, 14:55

Hey guys

ive heard some friends menchone in x3 sometimes a supercarrier in x3. im not sure were or if one exsists or what it is

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. May 12, 15:22

Do you mean the Aran, an unusual M1 carrier in vanilla with enhanced docking capacity that is found in one or more out-of-the-way places? A search on that name in the forums will give you all the info you need for either game.

There are other superships (M0 types etc) available though the modding community on the S&M forum.

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 22. May 12, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 22. May 12, 15:43

if its vanilla your talking about i wouldn't exactly say there are any "super" carriers. although that depends on definition of a supercarrier i suppose.

there is the Valhalla... can carry Fighters and has TS docking ability, plus is more powerful than any other M2 in the game... but its not available in TC vanilla, only AP. and it can only get about by jumping to jump beacons.

Kyoto.. some might treat it as a super carrier, can carry upto 6 TS/TM/M6?M8 class ships as well as having the firepower of an Osaka.

only other thing i could think is Alan Phipps's suggestion of the Aran. but its unarmed but can dock pretty much any ship in the game. including other Arans.

for me a supercarrier would be the Kyoto if it could also carry 50 fighters on top of its already M6/M8 compliment.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”