Needs help with picking :)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ukendt
x3ap

Needs help with picking :)

Post by Ukendt » Sun, 11. Jun 17, 16:56

Hello. I'm a returning player, after being away from the x-games for a loooong time. I've got the issue now, that a few critical updates and the time away have messed up my old list of scripts and mods, and to be honest, the lists of them all together seems rather confusing or at least, difficult to get a full view of. So I wanted to ask for what you guys know are working and is generally best in the field of my wishes below.

I'm running Vanilla X3:AP 3.2 with the 5.1.0 bonus package.
To sum it up, I need;

Dire needs:

Station/Complex management (Ease up the management / better controls)
Turret intelligence (God those gunners fail)
Fleet management (Fighter and traders kept in mind here)
Station/Complex profit calculation
Ship capturing (Better or a more functional way)

Not important, but would be nice:

More active Pirates and Xenons (a greater role in the universe)
More active NPC'S (War mechanics and sector wars/takeovers)
(Saying 'more' - means a general intelligence lift, not necessarily harder or more of them)
Adding well balanced ships, sectors, and races.

I'm not looking for a full conversion mod like LitCube? or whatever, nor looking for cheats or cheat-like gameplay (Passing over key features or script every trouble away). I like the base game, but there's a few things that I know could be better, and extend my time playing without feeling I've gone through it all within days.

I hope my wishes are explained well enough for some answers, but ask away if in doubt and I'll also take suggestions.
Thank you for your time and contribution!

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 01:15

Can't really comment on most of what you're after, but "Station/Complex Profit Calculation" is probably best handled externally, by the Xadrian Complex Calculator.

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Needs help with picking :)

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 02:42

Ukendt wrote: Dire needs:

Station/Complex management (Ease up the management / better controls)
Complex Cleaner and CAG from the bonus pack, perhaps?
Ukendt wrote:Turret intelligence (God those gunners fail)
MARS fire control or Smart Turrets should do the trick, me thinks.
Ukendt wrote:Fleet management (Fighter and traders kept in mind here)
Really depends on what you need. Anarkis Defense System and CODEA are the most popular. Note that CODEA will need additional scripts to function properly.
Ukendt wrote:Station/Complex profit calculation
Xadrian is already mentioned, and I'm not aware of any ingame complex calculators.
Ukendt wrote:Ship capturing (Better or a more functional way)
Improved boarding by Cycrow, or DrBullwinkle's hacked version. The last one introduce a boarding extension for the transporter device among other things, so while you still have to knock down the shields you don't have to screw around with launching pods that can be shot down.
Ukendt wrote:Not important, but would be nice:

More active Pirates and Xenons (a greater role in the universe)
Check our Pirate Guild.
Ukendt wrote:More active NPC'S (War mechanics and sector wars/takeovers)
(Saying 'more' - means a general intelligence lift, not necessarily harder or more of them)
Closest you'll get without going for total conversion mods is probably Improved Races 2.0.
Ukendt wrote:Adding well balanced ships, sectors, and races.
Lost Colony Expansion or XRM. XRM is a semi-total conversion that include a lot of scripts, some of which are listed here, plus it adds more ships, a whole slew of sectors and some new weapons. Other than Litcube's Universe there is no mod I'm aware of that adds more races. Others might be able to help here, though.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Ukendt
x3ap

Post by Ukendt » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 12:52

Solomon Short wrote:Can't really comment on most of what you're after, but "Station/Complex Profit Calculation" is probably best handled externally, by the Xadrian Complex Calculator.

Thank you for the link. Exactly what I was looking for. Really going to be helpful and stops my brain from overloading! :D

Ukendt
x3ap

Post by Ukendt » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 12:56

Thank you Zaitsev for the very detailed and helpful response.
I'll look over XMR to see to what extend it mods the game. Otherwise, all the other links seems very promising and on par with what I'm looking for.

paz3r
x4

Post by paz3r » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 19:22

For an in-game complex calculator, you may try Komplexplaner from Lucike's script collection.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”