Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 03:19

Sorry, there is no way for the script to tell the difference between the wares. You could adjust the timer multiplier to, say, 2 or 3. That would give you 30 (or 45) seconds to collect the cargo. After that, it would be gone. Not exactly what you asked for, but it is an alternative way to make salvage collection challenging.

You spelled "Thereshallbewings" wrong. Try using the Plugin Manager.

CoSm1c RaVeR

Post by CoSm1c RaVeR » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 11:00

Sorry, there is no way for the script to tell the difference between the wares. You could adjust the timer multiplier to, say, 2 or 3. That would give you 30 (or 45) seconds to collect the cargo. After that, it would be gone. Not exactly what you asked for, but it is an alternative way to make salvage collection challenging.

You spelled "Thereshallbewings" wrong. Try using the Plugin Manager.
Oh ok. I have no idea about scripting but is there any way to tell script to recognize ejected crates from those which was left after ship destruction? I know if there would be way you would implement it already but I wonder if it cannot be recognized by script then is there any other way of moding game aspect like this one? In other thread someone mentioned that crate ejecting from ship is hardcoded so any changes to that are impossible and only way is to tell game engine to destroy them after they already appear... I am just curious how stuff in that game works and how they may be edited/changed. If they made game modable and often mentioning about it and then we realize that not everything can be modded then it is little saddening. As very below average moder as myself it makes me just wonder why they hardcoded it. For example I remember that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. community was able to determine what can be dropped in inventory of NPC when he is dead or make it drop nothing. Same thing for FALLOUT 3/NV but X3 cannot be modded in that aspect... Very weird... Nasty egosoft ^^

Maybe here I spelled wrong but in game I got 1 sec freeze and name got back to normal name :) I also tried to use script manager when I tried to run npc bailing script with few other ones and didnt got abiliti to see extra scripts in artificial life. I just cannot pinpoint problem that causes that scripts not to show in game. Very weird as some months ago I managed to play with scripts and was able to set their options in artificial life options. But as I mentioned I try to find problem then I will play with scripts.
CoSm1c gAm3r

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 12:12

CoSm1c RaVeR wrote:is there any way to tell script to recognize ejected crates from those which was left after ship destruction?
Did I not just answer that question?

I know if there would be way you would implement it already
Exactly.

in game I got 1 sec freeze and name got back to normal name
OK, good. In that case, you simply have not installed the scripts correctly.

Installation Tips

If you are playing AP, then remember that scripts go into the addon\scripts folder. The easy way is to use the Plugin Manager to "Install Archive".

• (Please do not quote entire posts. It detracts from readability, and makes a mess of the thread.)

kstormraven
x3ap

Complex Cleaner

Post by kstormraven » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 06:02

I have been trying to install the Complex Cleaner mod but I'm having trouble. I figured out how to use the plugin manager to create a package (.spk) and installed it. When the game loads I get a message telling me that the Complex cleaner has been successfully installed. In order to quickly test this script I need just a couple of stations and a TL transport. So I also install the Cycrow Cheats and add the necessary items. I make sure to install a tractor beam on the TL and make sure that I am the owner.

If I click on the orders menu for any of the stations I created, I get the single Complex Cleaner command listed to self destruct the station. And this command works.

But the problem is that the sub-menu on the TL ship for this mod does not appear. It should be listed under the Custom sub menu, but I think that something is overwriting it and I can't figure out what it is.

I've tried every variation of X3TC, XTC, AP, and XTC-AP that I could think of with the same results. I've tried packaging the complex cleaner both with and without the cat/dat files. I don't know anything about the scripting language used for X3 so I don't know how to trouble shoot this.

I've read every thread I could find on the Complex Cleaner and the issue may be some sort of conflict between the CC scripts and the Cycrow cheats. However, I know these two can work together because I've seen it on a youtube video.

I'm using
X3TC patched to 3.2 / X3XTC 2.2 / X3XTC AP 2.2 + Hotfix 2.2a
Plugin Manager V1.47
Complex Cleaner 4.09
Cycrow Cheat Collection Package 1.60 (TC version)
Cycrow Cheat Collection Package 1.62 (AP version)
Cycrow Community Plugin 1.51
Cycrow Hotkey Manager 1.21
Plugin Manager Library Scripts TC 1.50
Ware Manager 1.10

I think what I need is an updated or modified version of the Complex Cleaner.

The Custom menu on the TL ship only exists when I have the cheats installed, and the Cheat menu is the only sub-menu item. When I try unload the cheats that menu disappears from the TL ship, but the station command - Complex Cleaner Self destruct still exists on the stations I created.

I found the Bullwinkle repack for the complex cleaner and it does not actually contain an .spk file, but just the files needed for the mod. It also contains one file in the /t folder called 7021-L089 -- Complex Cleaner.xml which has me puzzled. I really don't know if I should do anything with this file. I would love to get an explanation of that and where and how this Custom menu should get created, along with a total solution for my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 06:18

First of all, I love Complex Cleaner. I cannot imagine playing the game without Complex Cleaner, Advanced Complex Hub (either Mk2 or regular), and More Performant Complex Tubes (a.k.a. Invisible Tubes mod). The combination is ideal for making large complexes.

I also modify the complex hub distance in globals so that I can put the CC Module Container far away and place my Complex Hub somewhere convenient.

My Complex Cleaner Repack can be installed with the Plugin Manager or manually. In the PM use the "Install Archive" button.

For XTC, you do *not* want to install the .cat/.dat pair. So delete them from the archive (or from the game folder after installation).

Beyond that, I do not know much about XTC because they have not posted any docs. You may want to ask on the XTC thread. If am sure that others have figured out how to install it properly into XTC.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Complex Cleaner

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 13:17

kstormraven wrote:the Bullwinkle repack for the complex cleaner ... also contains one file in the /t folder called 7021-L089 -- Complex Cleaner.xml which has me puzzled. I really don't know if I should do anything with this file.
Oh, I forgot to answer that. All of my scripts that use language files include a -L089 file. There is no country with a dialing code of "89", so this file has no effect in the game at all. It is there simply for documentation, so that you can see in Windows Explorer which language files are associated with which scripts.

Why not use a .txt file instead of the funny-looking "-L089.xml"? Because it fools the Plugin Manager into installing the documentation file along with other language files. The PM moves .txt files into the "Documentation" folder.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 13:34

In your version of Passengers to Marines, are the requirements the same ?
5 units of Space Fuel (Consumable)
And at least 1 unit of firearms aboard. (Disintegrator Rifles, Low Yield Sidearms, Pirate Sidearms or Terran EMP rifles)
Because the command line is grayed and cannot be clicked (no error message).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 13:42

The only requirements are Cargo Bay Life Support and free cargo space for at least one marine.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 14:28

Well, I have one marine and can't convert him. I don't see what's the problem.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 14:56

Hmmm... do you mean that you have one passenger (rather than one marine)?

If you are playing a major mod (such as XRM or XTC), make sure that the ship that you are using has sufficient cargo size (in addition to cargo space) to hold marines.
  • (Obviously, the ship must also be a type that is capable of carrying marines. A TS, fighter, or M8 will not work. Marines require TP, TM, TL, M6, or above.)

If that still doesn't work, then give me more information about what you are trying to do. What kind of ship, etc?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 15:39

Oops I was trying with an M3... Sorry!

("M" cargo size is ambiguous)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 02:35

Valen68 wrote:Hey there Dr. BW,

I am very interested in your scripts, I am currently running AP non-steam with the XRM mod and several suggested scripts list for the XRM mod. Are your scripts fully compatible with the XRM mod?
Yes. All of my scripts have been reported to work with XRM. Reports from XRM players is the only way that I can know, because I do not use XRM myself.

Now please punch yourself for asking.
  • (Sorry, I don't make the rules! ;) )

Figge04
x4

Post by Figge04 » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 20:45

v1.6.04 Bullwinkle:
- Made this an easy one-click ship outfitter. Just use the "Full" setting to fully equip a ship (except for weapons, shields, and Trade Mk3)
ohh I like this
im way to lazy for all the other stuff
in my world., we all should have just 1 button, for it all :D

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 01:53

Bullwinkle, have you tried Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub? It completely eliminates the need for complexes, their associated tubage (even if invisible), etc.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 07:12

Etyneo wrote:have you tried Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub? It completely eliminates the need for complexes, their associated tubage (even if invisible), etc.

I have. Saturn Complex Hub is great for players who want to create closed-loop complexes, which I do not. I prefer to stimulate the economy by creating open loops.

Either way is far superior to vanilla complexes, which is why I usually suggest both choices to people:

Complex "Cocktail" Alternative for Closed-Loop Complexes Only
If you build closed-loop complexes, then Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub is an alternative to the above combination.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 19:05

I prefer closed loops for the most part in this playthrough as I will need to be entirely self sufficient once I 'declare war' on everyone and begin conquering every sector. Something about needing to be able to rebuild lost ships...

However, in other playthroughs, I might find it desirable to have some open looped plexes. Rather than using actual plexes though, I'll just build individual stations. I already have FDN, which makes complex hubs and associated linkages unnecessary.

Additionally, SCHs can be used to produce resources for boosting the general economy at a pure profit once they pay themselves off...
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 02:02

Hey guys, problem I have with the MOD, I install it, an it puts up two really low res blocky screenshots in my load up screens but it wont install the mod itself.
I have tried dozen times to reinstall, manually install, an everything short of act of god lol, an nothing seems to make it work. I selected the directory in the pulldown as it says, an nada.....

I play Vanilla X3/AP
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 02:08

Tasogie wrote:problem I have with the MOD
What mod are you talking about, Tasogie?

In this forum, the etiquette is to ask questions in the relevant thread. That way, the author of the script or mod will be alerted to your question (as will others who "watch" the thread).

Offhand, I do not recall any of my scripts changing the loading screens.

Tasogie wrote:I play Vanilla X3/AP
That might be part of the problem. ;)

(Just kidding)

Here are some general Installation Tips that will help you understand how to install scripts, mods, and Artificial Life Plugins.

• Also, I believe the word that you are looking for is "and".

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 02:17

My fault mate sorry, I thought I did mention the MOD name LOL.... I mean the Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) v2.07
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 02:24

Which one? There are two: DCS and DCS2.

Please post in the correct thread after you read the Installation Tips and try to solve it yourself. If you do post a question in one of my threads, please give me enough information to help you. "It doesn't work" is not sufficient information. :) Tell me how you installed it. Do you see the DCS2 menu in the Combat menu of your carrier ships?

For both DCS and DCS2, the Plugin Manager is the easiest way to install them.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”