It's a known and by most members of the different races accepted fact that the universe is a dangerous place. But in addition to the usual dangers a barbarization seems to go on recently. Pilots are no longer only thrown out of their ships, but have to fight for their lives more often, just to end as slaves anyhow. Even respectable traders are not afraid anymore to sell caught pilots as slaves to the most horrible pirates. The formerly accepted code of honour, to take a ship and its freight, but to let the pilot escape, is not worth a single Credit anymore.
The Goners, who always have been an easy target for Pirates, have been trying to counteract this development for a long time. In collaboration with the initiatives "A good deed a day!", "Even slaves are living beings!" and "Which unholy creature is suitable for work anyhow?" the Goners were able to convince the main races of a new approach of dealing with caught pilots.
As a first step the release of caught pilots will be simplified. In previous days you had to fill out dozens of forms and despite your good intentions, in the worst case, you had to deal with the police. Now you can release caught pilots at all stations in the whole universe. Special trained personal will then take care of these people. Although you won't get any money for this, the races will surely be grateful for releasing their pilots.
>> The Installation
For X3: Terran Conflict:
Download the script archive and extract it to your X3:TC directory.
For X3: Albion Prelude:
Download the script archive and extract it to the "addon"-folder in your X3:TC directory.
Afterwards all files of the archive, they are listed below, should be in their respective folders in the X3:TC directory or its "addon"-folder. Just to be on the safe side you should also make a backup of your savegames before installing the script. The standard directory for the saves is "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save" or "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save". For X3AP the paths are the same, you just have to replace X3TC with X3AP.
>> The brief instruction
1. Dock on of your ships with passengers aboard at a station.
2. In that ship's command console under "Additional Ship Commands" select the command "Release Passengers".
>> The function
With this script passengers that are aboard of your ships can be released at stations. Therefore you must have a ship with passengers docked to a station. Over the ship's command console -> "Additional Ship Commands" -> "Release Passengers" two different options to release passengers are available:
- 1. Release single Passengers: A list with all passengers aboard the ship is displayed. By clicking on one, you can release him.
2. Release all passengers: All passengers are released at once.
For each released passenger your rank towards the passenger's race will slightly increase. How much recognition you gain depends on the owner of the station, where you release the passenger. If the owner of the station and the passenger belong to the same race, you will gain 10 "recognition points". If the station belongs to another race, you will only gain 5 points towards the passenger's race. If the owner of the station belong to the Goner, then in addition to the recognition increase towards the passenger's race you will also gain 10 points towards the Goner.
You won't gain any recognition, if you release passengers at Pirate, Yaki or Player stations.
>> Known problems
- Currently, there are no known problems. I've tested this script with a few, but not all plots in X3TC and X3AP. The release (destruction) of a plot character will certainly cause the plot to hang. So when you are in doubt and you have the suspicion that one of the displayed passengers is a plot character, do not (!) try to release him.
The script is compatible to all X3TC version equal or great than version 2.5 and to all X3AP versions greater than version 1.0. It is also compatible to all scripts and mods that do not use the same text and page id (7335) and the same command slot (COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_61).
>> The uninstallation
Quit the game and run the 'uninstall.X2I.releasepassengers.bat', which can be found in the 'scripts.uninstall'-folder in the X3TC main directory (or its addon-folder). If there are no other files in the 'scripts.uninstall'-folder, it can be deleted afterwards.
EGOSOFT for the X-Series and the Script Editor
SS_T for providing a reliable hosting place on xdownloads.co.uk
>> Files in the archive
- - LiesMich_Passagiere_freilassen.txt
- - !init.X2I.releasepassengers.modified.pck
- - uninstall.X2I.releasepassengers.bat
- - 7335-L044.xml (Englisch)
- 7335-L049.xml (Deutsch)
- - LiesMich_Passagiere_freilassen.txt
- 05th May 2012 - Release (Version 1.0)
28th June 2013 - Update (Version 1.0.1)
- - Passengers that have local variables saved on them and therefore most likely belong to another script will be sorted out before releasing them is possible