what is the most reliable mod for equiping large numbers of fighters?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

unknown1

what is the most reliable mod for equiping large numbers of fighters?

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 1. May 12, 13:22

hey there fellas.
As the title says.
I have XRM + IEX mods and i was wondering what is the opinion of the community about a good mod that can help me equip unique fighters(with tunnings,softwares and equipment) like the ones that can only be built in the PHQ .
I ran through the mod library and found a couple of such mods but can't decide.Also it would be best if the mod is compatible with XRM.
Thx in advance

DrBullwinkle

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 1. May 12, 20:48

My favorites are:

1) The absolutely easiest, no-fuss, way to equip multiple ships is to clone them with the Cheat Package. When I do it this way, I simply keep a fully-equipped ship of the type that I want to clone, and name it "template.Whatever". Keep it docked in a safe sector.

You still have to set the Missile and Ammunition reload settings on the clones. Everything else can be done by assigning the clones to a wing.

Cloned ships can have any equipment that you want, including energy cells, fighter drones, satellites, and ammunition.

So clones are really the absolute "best" way to equip multiple ships. (Just remember to also deduct the credits from your account when you build the ships).

2) Yalamandi's Shipyard
Best ease-of-use combined with best "realism" when it comes to finding rare weapons. By that I mean that Yalamandi's adds a shipyard and equipment dock; giving you the option of whether you want to fill the equipment dock. The script can automatically fill the equipment dock, or you can do it yourself.

Filling the dock yourself keeps the script from being "overpowered" by making you find rare weapons by yourself. If you do this, I recommend a TL with Station Camper to automate refilling the equipment dock.

(The shipyard itself re-engineers ships, adds weapons and shields from the equipment dock, adds tunings, and allows you to save loadout "packages".)

3) Runner Up: If you prefer using your PHQ to build the ships, then Player Workshops "finishes" the job by adding equipment packages and tunings. You will still have to add weapons and shields yourself.

unknown1

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 2. May 12, 17:45

DrBullwinkle wrote:My favorites are......
ok now do you know which one is compatible with XRM?

Baronfuming

Post by Baronfuming » Wed, 2. May 12, 17:59

unknown1 wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote:My favorites are......
ok now do you know which one is compatible with XRM?
I use workshops with XRM and it works fine. The cheat package will work as well.

I do not know about Yalamandi's Shipyard, as XRM changes the weapons quite significantly.

TouchMyNipple

Post by TouchMyNipple » Thu, 3. May 12, 06:21

I could recomend IR 2.0 with player ship orders (or how is it named). First you don't get them ships out of nowhere, and it is possible to get all needed equipment and sheilding. Also some weapons. But XRM has them PAR shipyards wich ake great sense when you're going to fill a carier with something. As far as you usualy lose some ships i guess that PAR are the best choice.
Haste-whip TrixX!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”